• Standard of Sacrifice is worth its weight in gold. Where it really comes to shine is with units like Scouts...takes them from mild speedbumps into spiked speedtraps

Faced something similar yesterday. A unit of 20 Gaunts who permanently had the 5+++ power cast on them. To make things worse, they had the big guy spawning more Gaunts behind them and we had no ranged anti-tank (2v2 with my limited 500p list and a 750 SW list for a new guy written by one of the opponents vs 500p DG and 750p Tyranids). ^^

Edit: oh and the big guy had the WT that reduces damage by one after the first phase he took damage. That together with the 4++ and my Librarian Dread having only one wound left when he finally reached it made it pretty much impossible to kill for us. :D

Edited by sfPanzer

Okay Lads, (&Ladies)

For Blood and Deal I'm doing 2/3 captains (I think!).

The Special Edition 100th store Captain Centos is going to be one. Help me pick a name for the Carmine Blade Variant!

Calen

Caros

Caleb

Cassius

If you want to keep with the original theme in a different way... 

Seratus is 100 in Malay/Indonesian - Ceratus keeps you with a 'C'?

Back me up on this one: the extra Relics Strategem is used "Before the battle begins." The "Battle Begins" when the first player's first Movement phase begins, right?

...therefore, if you deploy a chacter with the Veritas Vitae onto the board....then at some point during your Deployment phase pop the 3x Relics Strategem, you get to roll to see if you get a CP back.... right/wrong?  I thought that was wrong, but a club officer who knows his BRB/FAQs said that is how you play it.

I really hate the ambiguity of these stratagems.  Our version of this is pretty straight forward I think.  The stratagem says, "before the battle."  To me that would take place when you're going over your list with your opponent.  I don't know how you do things, but this usually occurs for my games before deployment begins.  That is when I would spend the CP for the extra relic(s) and the Death Visions.  We'd already have our CP pool established, so I would physically remove the necessary count so my opponent could see it done.  I wouldn't be able to use the Veritas Vitae then since my character isn't deployed yet.

Technically, I don't think the battle begins until the first battle round has started.  That begins as soon as a player rolls to seize the initiative.  If your opponent is spending the CP as he deploys his models, or at some point before the attempt to seize is made it'll be hard to provide evidence that he is wrong.  I just spent 15 minutes looking through my BRB and Codices to try to help you out.  If this is indeed the correct way to play this then the Veritas Vitae is now an auto-include more than ever.  Can someone else help us out with this?  This has never been a thought for me.

Okay Lads, (&Ladies)

For Blood and Deal I'm doing 2/3 captains (I think!).

The Special Edition 100th store Captain Centos is going to be one. Help me pick a name for the Carmine Blade Variant!

Calen

Caros

Caleb

Cassius

If you want to keep with the original theme in a different way...

Seratus is 100 in Malay/Indonesian - Ceratus keeps you with a 'C'?

Nice! I really fancy that name. So that's what his name is you going to be!

So...if one were to theoretically get Intercessors...how much “better” is the full 10man kit compared to the push-for ones in Dark Imperium?

Subjectivity involved, of course, but does the full kit offer far more poses or is it all pretty much mono-pose stuff?

Asking for a friend...

I'm thinking of changing the head of the Captain in Cataphractii from the BaC box. Should I go with the regular unhelmeted BA ones found in the normal boxes, or go for a modified SG death mask?

Looking like I'll have something to enter in every B&Z category bar the Flyer one. What about the rest of you? We can't let the Templars win!!

Worked all weekend, now running around the city picking up last minute items for the trip.

I believe I'll have everything available to participate in each event bar the flyer as well. *Shovels more sprue onto pile of shame*

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

So...if one were to theoretically get Intercessors...how much “better” is the full 10man kit compared to the push-for ones in Dark Imperium?

Subjectivity involved, of course, but does the full kit offer far more poses or is it all pretty much mono-pose stuff?

Asking for a friend...

The poseability is definitely much better than the Dark Imperium stuff but not on the same level as the more traditional marine kits, if this is helpful at all.

Asking for a friend...

I think it’s probably one of the best kits to come out for fit and finish wise, also the little things that cover up mould lines however it is still similar to a tac squad in that there is only a certain amount of poses

It depends on if you want to throw down the extra coin

Asking for a friend...

I like both, I'd say the poses you get are more dynamic from the push fits, but the detail is often better on the multi part. The DI poses are some of the best marine poses in any kit tbh

Yeah the DI Primaris aren't bad at all. Only annoying thing is that they come without the BA upgrade sprue and would require a whole lot more work to use the BA upgrade sprue on them due shoulder pads and part of the arms being part of the torso piece.

Also no bitz for Stalker Bolt Rifle, Aux Grenade Launcher or Chainsword/Powersword for the Champion. The fact that some of the Bolt Rifles have scopes and some don't is just mildly annoying.

the lack of stalker or auto bolt rifles is no real loss when the regular one is almost always better. No Aux Grenade launcher or special weapon on sergeants is annoying, but the latter can be fairly easily fixed with minor conversions.

Or moving marines around. That Liutentant from DI (The one with the sword) makes for an excellent primaris sergeant:)

the lack of stalker or auto bolt rifles is no real loss when the regular one is almost always better. No Aux Grenade launcher or special weapon on sergeants is annoying, but the latter can be fairly easily fixed with minor conversions.

It's a loss when you don't plan to min-max your squads. Like for example me who's going to build 2x5 Stalker squads. :P

And yes of course those things can be fixed with minor conversions....but why bother if you could just build them from the non-DI box without any troubles. Well except for the Powersword I guess.

not using stalker patterns is min-maxing? you and i have very different views on the term (and I've been a roleplayer and DM almost as long as I've been in this hobby haha).

FWIW I actually have 10 with auto and 10 with stalker myself :P I just don't like them and wouldn't recommend them for people with more sense than me (I have 60 intercessors currently...)

I have a bunch of options for the event. Not sure if I will get through all the HQ so will do smaller pledges and keep adding as I get them done.

HQ

Captain in Gravis Armour
Captain in Terminator Armour
Death Company Chaplain
Librarian Dreadnought
Primaris Lieutenants (2)
Sanguinary Priest

Troops
Intercessor Squad (5)

Elite
Death Company (15)
Primaris Ancient