Great news everyone. Today I'll hopefully be getting a gaming table so I can play at my house. I've always wanted one, and hopefully today I'm going to be able to have it!

That’s fantastic! I’m jealous. I plan on building one this summer.

What will you be doing for terrain?

I have a few imperial ruins but not sure what to do!

I have one that I have been sloooooooooooooooooooowly working on for 2 years (lolz). That being said, it would be cool to have a theme of sorts...just like each ballpark in baseball has its quirks that make the game interesting, your table could be fair playing wise, but have some interesting elements.

For example, the idea for mine has been "Firebase Baal": the idea is a little landing pad with fuel cans and detritus scattered about, some guns for fire support (some perfectly sized WWII 88mm flak guns from my FLGS), tents, etc... in one part, a little "village" cobbled together in another quadrant, and then some rocky hills in another. My thought was to have stuff set up thematically, yet 90% balance for games, but have a system so that if I have to clear it off, people know where things go to set back up rapidly.

Also becomes a sort of "home turf" field to play on as all my BA bases match the color scheme of the Desert mat from FLG.

Now if only I could find a cheap Skyshield Landing Pad for the centerpiece....

My initial thoughts are of high tech colony world. Possibly a sector from a "Rich" planet the likes of which to rival Ultramar, yet it has come under siege. "Reach" has a lot of influence with me, as does the "Last City"

I have some pretty keen pieces of foam that look like transit or low level business sects, as well as some nice foliage/aquarium decor that I have acquired. I'm not really sure how I could make it work, but I do know a few artists I could commission for a pretty poetic table.

My six mam squad of inceptors did also great work. Clearing lines of genestealers and poxwalkers like nothing. Scored 7th out of 16. Close win against nids (kraken) 1 point close loss vs deathguard and an 28:20 win against necrons. All in all i loved their performance and they are set now in nearly every list of mine. :)

So, this weekend I picked up the Orlock models on a whim despite not playing Necromunda...

I was just thinking, could I realistically play them as Marine scouts without extensive conversion work? I think at least four can be armed with shotguns, for example?

Finished my first unit of bolter scouts. The bolter variety isn't as bad as I remember the pistol/CCW ones, though, for the love of god GW, can we get a 5th bolter on the sprue? I was in shock when I noticed that the kit only comes with 4 bolters and shotguns each. What. The. Hell.

Scouts 1

Scout Sergeant 1b

Scouts 1, 2&3

Scouts 1, 4&5a

Next up is 5 intercessors. Still got to get 10 DC and 3 agressors the 31st for my league commitment. And the agressors... Well, I had to strip them cause I messed up the spray. And I don't know what GW uses in their spray, but it must be some sort of mithril, because 6 days in a pool of Super Clean did barely anything.

I strip GW sprays with dettol. I found that if I place them in undiluted dettol within a couple hours of spraying and leave them overnight, I can scrub the paint right off with a soft toothbrush. I never had problems with stripping chaos black spray, but I noticed that after the second time I stripped a sanguinary guard of retributor gold armor spray, it left the plastic kinda rough, and I had to do some sanding.

I use generic bio-ethanol to strip GW paints. Doesn't really have to soak even unless it's a really stubborn spot. And it doesn't damage the plastic as I've found out after letting my models soak for a few days because I forgot about them. :D

What's bio-ethanol? I work in a pharmacy and I have access to pretty much everything, but everything has greek names and I have trouble matching them with their english names :P I really want to stop using dettol, because of the smell.

What's bio-ethanol? I work in a pharmacy and I have access to pretty much everything, but everything has greek names and I have trouble matching them with their english names :tongue.: I really want to stop using dettol, because of the smell.

It's commonly used as grill lighter lol

The smell won't be better. It's basically pure alcohol. ;)

What's bio-ethanol? I work in a pharmacy and I have access to pretty much everything, but everything has greek names and I have trouble matching them with their english names :tongue.: I really want to stop using dettol, because of the smell.

It's commonly used as grill lighter lol

The smell won't be better. It's basically pure alcohol. :wink:

What volume? In Greece pure alchool would be 95 degrees. I dont mind the smell of pine oil, but my family wont let me use it inside the house again :wacko.:

I would have to check when I'm home. Either 96% or 99.9%.

Shouldn't make much of a difference tho https://www.amazon.de/Bioethanol-96-Flamax-18202/dp/B005VC12U4

99,9% is nigh impossible :tongue.:. Also above 98% it would have to contain traces of benzyl and I would suggest caution! Thanks for the info tho, I will give it a try.

edit : caution for you, not for the minis.

Edited by dread05

I would have to check when I'm home. Either 96% or 99.9%.

Shouldn't make much of a difference tho https://www.amazon.de/Bioethanol-96-Flamax-18202/dp/B005VC12U4

99,9% is nigh impossible :tongue.:. Also above 98% it would have to contain traces of benzyl and I would suggest caution! Thanks for the info tho, I will give it a try.

edit : caution for you, not for the minis.

Nigh impossible but not completely impossible. They sell it after all. ;) Tho I admit that 96% is more likely to be the case lol

Above 95-96% it would require a very strong antihydrant agent to increase the volume, and the stronger it would be, the more toxic. I'm not trying to be a smartass here, just finally putting this useless knowledge to use :D