One point. That is how close it is going into the final week. For the ETL we have never been in this position before (and on the years Chaos won the event, they have never been second going into the final week).

All I've ever asked is that you do what you can. Lets finish the job together.

*Glances nervously at Charlo*
ITS TOO DAMN HOT TO PAINT.

Plus I only got a tiny bit to do!

Then paint in the shade. *spartanstance*

One point. That is how close it is going into the final week. For the ETL we have never been in this position before (and on the years Chaos won the event, they have never been second going into the final week).

Paint dries faster in the heat.

Also, the longer you leave it, the greater a proportion of your remaining time it becomes

Sorry to change the subject, but I have a general question. What do you do with models you are not happy with? I started this hobby 2 years ago, and I have some early models that are modeled really awkward, to the point that I avoid touching them to paint them. Do you replace such models? Do you let them blend with the rest? I want to replace them, to bring them up to par with the rest of the army, but on the other hand they are my first atempt at kit bashing, there is history in them :P I know, 1st world problems, but still...

Sorry to change the subject, but I have a general question. What do you do with models you are not happy with? I started this hobby 2 years ago, and I have some early models that are modeled really awkward, to the point that I avoid touching them to paint them. Do you replace such models? Do you let them blend with the rest? I want to replace them, to bring them up to par with the rest of the army, but on the other hand they are my first atempt at kit bashing, there is history in them :P I know, 1st world problems, but still...

After I started my carmine blades I went back to my first successor DIY BA army. It was mostly rescued plastic with some of my own models mixed in. It comes to a point, or at least it did for me, where your skill improves so much over time that you keep your first models as a reminder of where you startedfrom... or you, like me, have a very hard time even looking at the models. It makes you discouraged and ultimately you dont really want to play them alongside your newer models either.

In my personal experience I sent them to a nice chap through eBay so he could do what he pleased with them. I wrote him some words of encouragement and thanked him for purchasing them, wishing him 5he best of luck.

Sorry to change the subject, but I have a general question. What do you do with models you are not happy with? I started this hobby 2 years ago, and I have some early models that are modeled really awkward, to the point that I avoid touching them to paint them. Do you replace such models? Do you let them blend with the rest? I want to replace them, to bring them up to par with the rest of the army, but on the other hand they are my first atempt at kit bashing, there is history in them :tongue.: I know, 1st world problems, but still...

If it's salvageable then cut it apart where necessary and re-use the bitz or add other bitz to fix it etc.

Otherwise if you don't have any other things you really want to buy just buy and build some replacement and then do whatever with it. Throw it away, hide it behind everything else in your closet, try to sell it on ebay, gift it away ... you know, just don't look at it anymore. :P

Not a bad question...

If they are just assembled then definitely a knife (or simple green for superglue) and you have a full bits box.

If they are properly hacked parts (cut elbows and pinned green stuff) I would heartily recommend using them for scenery/terrain. The more hacked up and full of drill holes the more they look like dead marines. Even missing a leg etc. Obviously just paint them something other than red since dead blood angels don’t exist :-)

If you have them painted - I’d keep them. I have a squad of tacticals from the 2nd ed box painted bright orange with goblin green bases (yes jolemai still does that...) which look like they are from a whole different game next to my current stuff. The highlights are terrible but I’m glad I still have examples of what my 14 yr old self did.

Well its two different instances. The first is a (fully) painted tactical sergeant, which I had meddled with at least two times. I figured the hard way that the artificer armor of the BA tactical kit and the combi flamer dont go well together. I'll try posting pictures. This one I simply want to replace at some point, maybe with my next tactical kit.

The second is a squad of comany vets (a kit bash between the command squad, vanguard AND sternguard kits) with jump packs and plasma guns. These ones are undercoated and basecoated. I found out that plasma guns are really awkward to pose, and sternguard arms are plain stupid, plus the command squad legs I used are stunted. The sergeant and two of them are actually nice, but the other two are weird looking. If I was to paint strip them, cut the arms and replace them, I'd rather buy a vanguard vets box and make them from scratch tbh. When I built them, I was really proud of myself, I made sure to use different looking plasma guns and helmets, just do demonstrate their elite status, but now, they look bland to me, even when I compare them with an assault squad. I tell myself that when I start painting details, they'll play the part, but I cant find myself painting them yet.

Paint dries faster in the heat.

Also, the longer you leave it, the greater a proportion of your remaining time it becomes

Sorry brother I can't hear you over my GIANT ROBOTS.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/346714-blood-angels-outpost/?p=5134114

I still can't believe you painted that so fast, and still maintained a good quality. I have not had that luck, if I go fast I lose all sense of quality it seems, but it will do for Tabletop Standard and for my Final Vow.

But in the longterm, I know I'm going to redo,them partly because it dissatisfies me and partly because I came up with a good painting scheme, that is better than what I'm almost done with.

I still can't believe you painted that so fast, and still maintained a good quality. I have not had that luck, if I go fast I lose all sense of quality it seems, but it will do for Tabletop Standard and for my Final Vow.

But in the longterm, I know I'm going to redo,them partly because it dissatisfies me and partly because I came up with a good painting scheme, that is better than what I'm almost done with.

To be fair, almost half of the job was just heavy handed dry brushing with Leadbelcher on the black base coat. Other than tidying up some red overspray and painting the trim gold, there was next to no finesse involved. I'm actually excited to use the same dry brushing to power through my dreadnought collection. I just need a breather from painting (as I eye up a primed Primaris Lt. and the clock....)...