It's always frustrating when you can't find those models you knew you purchased at one point even though you've started doubting yourself, until you find the bases and nothing else...

Haha no kidding. I was always losing my mind with such stuff...and that was before I had a kid.

It's always frustrating when you can't find those models you knew you purchased at one point even though you've started doubting yourself, until you find the bases and nothing else...

Haha no kidding. I was always losing my mind with such stuff...and that was before I had a kid.

I've recently misplaced an OOP piece I ordered :/

I've seemed to have misplaced 3  complete space marines on bikes and 3 more that need to be completed via sprue...Its very frustrating!:facepalm: :facepalm:

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

Merry Christmas everyone, happy holidays, and happy Sanguinula also!

It has been another good year with this forum. A great big thank you to all those I've gotten to know here. I talk about you guys in my circles and even though most of us will never meet I consider you all good friends!

Just had a sudden realization, perhaps even a vision from our father...

The 1 CP strat Big Guns Never Tire might make land speeders playable!

It's worded that a vehicle UNIT ignores the move and fire penalty, not a single vehicle like I thought... And you can have 3 speeders in 1 unit. That might be enough of a boost to make a unit of them worth taking maybe?
I love Land Speeders, but couldn't quite stomach taking them when they cost so much more than an attack bike. But a unit of the old school cyclone equipped unit of 3 might be decent with getting to move and shoot without penalty.

Still painting my Devastators when I want to take a break from other hobbies and my IF Primaris.  Finally finished with the red on the armor.  These will be the last figures I ever paint using craft paints (I can't believe I actually tortured myself with these for over a decade, I could have painted two or three times more figures with better paints really).  Now all that remain are the metallics, blacks, blue helmets and other armor blings.  And basing, of course.  I guess they'll be the first figures I finish in 2020.  I will post some WIPs tonight.

Just had a sudden realization, perhaps even a vision from our father...

The 1 CP strat Big Guns Never Tire might make land speeders playable!

It's worded that a vehicle UNIT ignores the move and fire penalty, not a single vehicle like I thought... And you can have 3 speeders in 1 unit. That might be enough of a boost to make a unit of them worth taking maybe?

I love Land Speeders, but couldn't quite stomach taking them when they cost so much more than an attack bike. But a unit of the old school cyclone equipped unit of 3 might be decent with getting to move and shoot without penalty.

It's cool until you realise Iron Hands can just move and shoot without penalties and with rerolls for no CP.... By all means a great little stray but maybe a touch suboptimal considering our CP hunger!

Necron Destroyers are mean.

Got manhandled by two squads of destroyers today in my first test of Blood of Baal. It was also my first game ever against necrons so it was a learning experience.

Shoot them off the table always! preferably before they can do anything. Nothing worse than leaving one on the table and then they get re-animated next turn.

Necron Destroyers are mean.

Got manhandled by two squads of destroyers today in my first test of Blood of Baal. It was also my first game ever against necrons so it was a learning experience.

Shoot them off the table always! preferably before they can do anything. Nothing worse than leaving one on the table and then they get re-animated next turn.
Yea, sent a baal pred against a squad. Going to use lascanons next time.

I think Necrons are in a weird place for the game right now.

They’re “not good” at the moment which means you don’t see them often, but when you do it’s a horseshoe effect of people who don’t realize they’re “not good” and are terrible with them (furthering the conception that they are easy to beat) and then the people who play either deliberately because they are bad or in spite of being bad and are ridiculously nasty with them, thus catching people off guard.

I tried my hand at Necrons earlier this edition (some friends had a xenos-only-league idea that eventually fizzled) and though I didn’t play that much with them, what I can say is that they are a deceptive army for sure, in both a good and bad way for both sides:

Their reputation is that they are slow, yet they can be surprisingly fast (Destroyers, Tomb Blades, C’Tan Deciever, Monolith, the Flyer warp-y thing). They also have a rep of being super hard to kill, yet there are few of their units that live up to their hardiness reputation. And their vehicles mess with the traditional AT formula, but once you know that you can relatively easily burn them down with autocannons and such. They have no psykers, yet their Powers of their C’Tan are arguably the most powerful abilities in the game since they are essentially 6 flavors of Mortal Wounds with no game mechanic beyond FNP that you can use to counter them.

In some ways they really are a one trick pony: wipe units. You wipe a unit, they can’t reanimate. Simple as that. So the maxim “one dead enemy is worth two wounded enemies” applies tenfold to them. And kill their characters (ok, maybe a two trick pony?) since they will often boost reanimation and/or combat prowess.

It's appropriate that I'm playing a friendly 3.5k 2v1 tomorrow vs Necron. I'm teaming up with Wolves. This is my first game with the Blood of Baal book in hand, but we're up against an infantry heavy list ansld I don't think our lists are suited to dealing with it. Still it's a chance to try our Incursors, Invictors and Eliminators. The latter are sitting back with an Executioner and Dante as a fire base. Also testing out Astorath and Sanguinary Guard.

It's appropriate that I'm playing a friendly 3.5k 2v1 tomorrow vs Necron. I'm teaming up with Wolves. This is my first game with the Blood of Baal book in hand, but we're up against an infantry heavy list ansld I don't think our lists are suited to dealing with it. Still it's a chance to try our Incursors, Invictors and Eliminators. The latter are sitting back with an Executioner and Dante as a fire base. Also testing out Astorath and Sanguinary Guard.

Do you know what the SW guy is bringing and what you are bringing as well? Could be some good synergies.

Do you know what the SW guy is bringing and what you are bringing as well? Could be some good synergies.
I'm bring a battalion, spearhead and vanguard;

Dante

Astorath

DC Smash Captain (extra warlord with 5+++ invul trait and Angels Wings)

Mephiston

1x 7 Incursors

1x 5 Infiltrators

1x 5 Intercessors, bolt rifles

2x 3 Eliminators with sniper bolt

1x Repulsor Executioner with macro plasma

1x Invictor (with flamer)

1x Sanguinary Ancient (with 5+++ banner relic, warlord with Speed of Primarch)

1x 7 Sanguinary Guard. 2 fists, 2 axes, 3 swords, and all angelus boltguns)

My mate is bringing Arjac, Njal, Phobos Librarian, Wolf Lord on Thunderwolf, infiltrators and Intercessors, Thunderwolf cavalry, Wulfen, Longfangs and an Invictor.

The plan is that my Eliminators take out the buffing HQ units and my Smash Captain locks down the Stalker early on. Apart from that it's concentrated fire on the infantry squads.

Turn two deepstrikes will be interesting anyway!

Edited by VanDutch

If it's infantry heavy you are probably going to be fine. Just keep focussing on one unit after another so he can't regenerate. Necrons only really have like one or two strong lists and having lots of infantry (beyond what's needed for detachments) is not part of either.

I'm bring a battalion, spearhead and vanguard;

Dante

Astorath

DC Smash Captain (extra warlord with 5+++ invul trait and Angels Wings)

Mephiston

1x 7 Incursors

1x 5 Infiltrators

1x 5 Intercessors, bolt rifles

2x 3 Eliminators with sniper bolt

1x Repulsor Executioner with macro plasma

1x Invictor (with flamer)

1x Sanguinary Ancient (with 5+++ banner relic, warlord with Speed of Primarch)

1x 7 Sanguinary Guard. 2 fists, 2 axes, 3 swords, and all angelus boltguns)

My mate is bringing Arjac, Njal, Phobos Librarian, Wolf Lord on Thunderwolf, infiltrators and Intercessors, Thunderwolf cavalry, Wulfen, Longfangs and an Invictor.

The plan is that my Eliminators take out the buffing HQ units and my Smash Captain locks down the Stalker early on. Apart from that it's concentrated fire on the infantry squads.

Turn two deepstrikes will be interesting anyway!

Use your Angel's Wings dude to setup up the best charges possible...even if it's not your dudes. Wulfen and Thunderwolf Cav w/ hammers can do just as much damage as anything, so your boys may have to soak up damage to set him up and vice versa. I would also heavily consider starting everything on the board--depending on terrain and battlefield conditions of course--since the threat saturation of having to deal with SG AND TWC AND Wulfen may lose you 1/3, but keep the other 1.5/2 alive. In comparison if you keep stuff in DS, then he may ensure that he kills 2/3 or such since you've made the targeting decision for him. Just use your gut and your head about whether conditions support one decision or the other.

And when fighting Necrons....FOCUS FIRE FOCUS FIRE FOCUS FIRE FOCUS FIRE.