Im building out my Veteran Intercessors now. I'm giving them the assault bolters as it seems best to keep them moving for that sweet melee attack. The real question is how the hell do i put a thunderhammer on a guy holding an auto bolter!?

Use a thunder hammer from the Vanguard Veterans box for the right hand. The intercessors box comes with a left handed Bolter being held up. That’s how I’ve modelled it.

Im building out my Veteran Intercessors now. I'm giving them the assault bolters as it seems best to keep them moving for that sweet melee attack. The real question is how the hell do i put a thunderhammer on a guy holding an auto bolter!?

The other option is to use one of the monopose Sergeants from Dark Imperium and replace the pointing hand with a thunder hammer. I used a Chainsword on this Wolf Guard pack leader but you can put any melee weapon on there.

med_gallery_82363_15236_326797.jpg

On the topic of Incursors, they do seem very solid. I like Infiltrators as well, but they are really expensive. I have the Infiltrators from the Shadowspear box, but they are yet to be assembled. Has anyone any ideas on how to convert them to Incursors? 

With the current line and available models you have to get creative. But there has been a time where the characters were metal and there hadn't been released a multipart plastic captain yet...

I wanted a power fist armed captain but wouldn't pay for the limited edition model. So I converted the sword one, fist from devastator sergeant, plasma pistol from hellblasters, knight style helmet with "iron" crest (3rd company Ironhelms) from Deathwatch, iron halo with drops from BA terminators.

3rd company Captain B

3rd company Captain A

3rd company Captain C

I got many DI models from ebay. From left to right it's:

1) DI body with fist-pad-backpack icon from BA tacticals

2) First strike body with sword from BA tacticals and banner cause I 'm a bit of a traditionalist

3) DI body with the captain's rifle fitted on the arm to replace standard bolt rifle with auto, fist from AOBR terminator fitted on arm from multipart Intercessor, the one that waves, and a banner for good measure

gallery_93095_13791_544468.jpg

gallery_93095_13791_44913.jpg

...I have the Infiltrators from the Shadowspear box, but they are yet to be assembled. Has anyone any ideas on how to convert them to Incursors?

What makes an Incursor? The multi-spectrum array. In my book that means any kind of fancy targeter or scope. Be it on a rifle, or on the backpack. On the other hand, Infiltrators are denoted by their antennae which apparently stand for omni-scramblers. So I would cut off the antennae and voila! You have Incursors. Scopes on the Infiltrators' bolters look fancy enough.

Edited by Majkhel

The multi-part Infiltrator/Incursor kit comes with the gun-sight and backpack bits that give Incursors their unique look. You may be able to find those bits (and the unique head type) on eBay...but I wouldn’t hold my breath: I think most folks who want to run Infikitratirs are getting the cheaper Shadowspear squad...I think most folks who buy the multi-part kit are doing so specifically for the Incursors (like me).

I am normally one all for customization and conversion, but I would be cautious with stuff like Infiltrators and Incursors: I think event organizers would not be lenient with Incursors looking like Infil and vice versa. One of the downsides of Primaris sculpts, im afraid.

Hmmm... and I was hoping to run helmeted Incursors without those funny bolter sights :/

Edit: seriously, in the datasheet the main difference is the gear. Incursors have literal tons of sights - backpacks, bolters and heads. Are we sure that they need whole complement to act as the 'array?

And blades ofcourse

Edited by Majkhel

Oh I am sure it’s possible. (I actually like the look of infiltrators more, though the Incursor look has grown on me). My concern is that since A. Both kits are so new B. They are in the same box yet have significantly different capabilities

...TO’s and such will be far less lenient with conversions and kitbashing. I mean, so what you want but I would be cautious for now.

Wise words. Personally I think that as long as they are visibly distinguishable from each other, there should be no problems. WYSIWYG should definitely apply and its good to remember that bolters for both units are different. Even if only in regard to their special rules.

I did however ask the question on a country level FB page looking for opinions from judges and guys that like to... point things to their opponents ;)

I think just to be safe I will try to source some Incursor scopes from Ebay, if I can. It's not on my next list of things to do so I will keep an eye out until I find the material I need. Thanks for the advice guys.

The other option is to use one of the monopose Sergeants from Dark Imperium and replace the pointing hand with a thunder hammer. I used a Chainsword on this Wolf Guard pack leader but you can put any melee weapon on there.

med_gallery_82363_15236_326797.jpg

I rock one of those with an altered pose and a power fist.

I wonder how it is going for Mort and all other B&C brothers/sisters over in China. Considering the virus outbreak. Hope they are all okay.

I didn't know Morticon was in China.  I hope he is well.  I've messaged with a few other online friends in China and the reactions are mixed.  Some are genuinely horrified and think the government is in the right for the draconic measures while some believe the whole containment effort  is bull:cuss and the thing is destined to become a pandemic that is only slightly more fatal than a bad flu..

Anyways, this is purely anectodal but I think the forums being quiet is a reflection in the growing disinterest in the Space Marine line after the initial 8E/Primaris push.  People just got to terms with how :cuss the fluff, the rules/game, most of the models and the pricing model are.

Edited by appiah5

Yes, it's been a few days with not a lot of activity. However, we'll need to start thinking/planning and prep work for ETL soon so I'm sure that'll bring more traffic again.

Plans are already being drawn :) I've made a first lis of possible models way in December. I did struck some items out of it in the meantime, but I also added something... For now it seems I will be doing mostly infantry, but I'm also saving something bigger (bot in terms of size and points) too to break out the monotony.

Yes, it's been a few days with not a lot of activity. However, we'll need to start thinking/planning and prep work for ETL soon so I'm sure that'll bring more traffic again.

Plans are already being drawn :smile.: I've made a first lis of possible models way in December. I did struck some items out of it in the meantime, but I also added something... For now it seems I will be doing mostly infantry, but I'm also saving something bigger (bot in terms of size and points) too to break out the monotony.

Yeah, when's ETL anyway?