@Klod

I'm doing my Scouts, Incursors, Eliminators, and Phobos Captain in a "midnight" blue-grey-black color with a/both shoulder pad(s) red (haven't decided if both yet). 

Thematically this ties in with the Red-Black-Gold theme I have for both my 40k and 30k BA armies, but also makes any unit that can infiltrate feel little bit more practical. Like you, even for the "drive closer, I want to hit them with my sword!" silliness of 40k, red armor for scouting units just seems daft to me.

I came to this conclusion through a combo of the above mentioned overall theme and practicality as well as painting ability; I had considered doing a desert theme, but my own two hands just can't get it to where I want it to be.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/362942-scout-color-scheme-comparison-feedback-wanted/?p=5499419 

So I want to pick up Eliminators some time soon, and as far as I know, the Codex does recommend the use of camouflage and repainting the armour when necessary. I mean cmon, you can wear a fancy cloak all you want, but if your armour is red you're gona be spotted a mile away.
I heard that some Chapters, like Imperial Fists, shun the use of camo. Blood Angels are not the biggest fans of sneaking and hiding either, but needs must. What I'm looking for are any mentions of BA repainting their armour in the novels/codices/etc.

Yeah the Codex Astartes recommends repainting the armour to fit in the environment just like the T'au do. Also recommends changing heraldry etc. to confuse your enemies.

Blood Angels are mainly about the shock&awe but that doesn't mean we aren't using more sneaky approaches at times too though.

Outside the use of camo cloaks it's rare tbh. The desert camo armour pattern the Salamanders used (image from the Rogue Trader era) and a BA Thunderhawk which had a light grey lower hull to aid concealment when landing (Imperial Armour volume II second edition: Warmachines of the Adeptus Astartes, page 126) are two examples in the literature.

Yeah, I was thinking about painting the armour in some kind of desert patern.

Edited by Indefragable

Outside the use of camo cloaks it's rare tbh. The desert camo armour pattern the Salamanders used (image from the Rogue Trader era) and a BA Thunderhawk which had a light grey lower hull to aid concealment when landing (Imperial Armour volume II second edition: Warmachines of the Adeptus Astartes, page 126) are two examples in the literature.

There is also a picture of a Flesh Eaters Rhino in a desert camo. I think I saw this in the Warhammer 40k Compendium

Is what it is, either buy the stuff you want or dont. If you feel strongly enough, boycott completely. Complaining on forums or even Facebook isn't going to make a real difference.

I buy stuff when I want stuff still, I dont impulse buy GW products anymore. Either it's something I really want for one of the two factions in any games GW does that I collect. Or I dont bother.

For the first time in many years I bought stuff for a new game (elder scrolls: call to arms), but I'll still buy warhammer stuff as and when kits arrive that I want (melee primaris would do it, honestly there a good chance I'll buy any new primaris kits) but otherwise, I dont.

Either way, i hope everyone is doing okay!

On the new 40k Web page there are some background d art pics in the 'about space marines' bit. Tacticus armoured marines with ccws wearing jump packs are definitely on it. There is hope my brothers...

That's quite exciting! They certainly won't be troops then, but fast attack hopefully.

I’ve been organising my Blood Angels collection into companies and squads. The new wave of Primaris has meant I’ve had to rejig it. Any thoughts on where certain units should be placed?

Blood Angels army list

Command:

Dante

Sanguinor

Librarius:

Mephiston

Primaris Librarian

Phobos Librarian

Librarian Dreadnought

Sanguinary Priesthood:

Sanguinary Priest

Primaris Apothecary

Sanguinary Guard:

9 Sanguinary Guard

Sanguinary Ancient

Reclusiam:

Astorath

Primaris Chaplain

Dreadnought Chaplain

Jump Pack Chaplain

‘New’ Chaplain

1st Company:

Bladeguard Captain

Bladeguard Lt

Bladeguard Company Ancient

Judicar (champion)

1st - 3x Bladeguard Veterans

2nd Company:

Primaris Captain

Primaris Lt w/Power Sword

Phobos Lt w/Rifle

Primaris Ancient

1st - 10 Intercessor Veterans

2nd - 10 Intercessors

3rd - 10 Intercessors

4th - 10 Infiltrators

5th - 10 Incursors

6th - 10 tacticals

7th - 4 Inceptors (bolt)

8th - 10 Assault Intercessors

9th - 3 x Suppressors

10th - 3 x Gravis Meltas

1 Impulsor

1 Repulsor

1 Repulsor Executioner

1 Redemptor Dreadnought

8th Company:

Primaris Lt (assault rifle)

1st - 2 Invictors

2nd - 10 Reivers

3rd - 6 Inceptors (plasma)

4th - 3 Primaris Outriders (bikes)

9th Company:

Gravis Captain (boltstorm/fist/sword)

1st - 3 Eliminators (bolt)

2nd - 3 Eliminators (las)

3rd - 3 Aggressors (flamers)

10th Company:

Phobos Captain

Phobos Lt (knife)

1st - 10 Infiltrators

2nd - 10 Incursors

Death Company:

Lemartes

6 Death Company Intercessors

25 jump pack Death Company

1 Death Company Dreadnought

1 Stormraven

1 Impulsor

Edited by VanDutch

Those are definitely jump packs. I know it's older artwork but I've not seen it and those are definitely not grav chutes or whatever that reavers have. They're more rounded which seems to match the primaris aesthetic. It's nice.

Those are definitely jump packs. I know it's older artwork but I've not seen it and those are definitely not grav chutes or whatever that reavers have. They're more rounded which seems to match the primaris aesthetic. It's nice.

The armour is gravis, though. They have the bullet catcher helmet and the landing skids. It just looks like they took artistic licence with the assauly bolter. I font see this being a dual kit, as the assault intercessors are mising either:

1) jump pack straps on their chest - no swap pable chests withthe new primaris design

2) leg jets as seen in the suppressor jump pack models. Again, no swappable bits.

I get the feeling that assault intercessors will be a troops unit, just like intercessors. While a 'close support' unit, they're really not 'fast attack' per se. 

I’ve been organising my Blood Angels collection into companies and squads. The new wave of Primaris has meant I’ve had to rejig it. Any thoughts on where certain units should be placed?

Blood Angels army listCommand:

Dante

SanguinorLibrarius:

Mephiston

Primaris Librarian

Phobos Librarian

Librarian DreadnoughtSanguinary Priesthood:

Sanguinary Priest

Primaris ApothecarySanguinary Guard:

9 Sanguinary Guard

Sanguinary AncientReclusiam:

Astorath

Primaris Chaplain

Dreadnought Chaplain

Jump Pack Chaplain

‘New’ Chaplain 1st Company:

Bladeguard Captain

Bladeguard Lt

Bladeguard Company Ancient

Judicar (champion)

1st - 3x Bladeguard Veterans2nd Company:

Primaris Captain

Primaris Lt w/Power Sword

Phobos Lt w/Rifle

Primaris Ancient

1st - 10 Intercessor Veterans

2nd - 10 Intercessors

3rd - 10 Intercessors

4th - 10 Infiltrators

5th - 10 Incursors

6th - 10 tacticals

7th - 4 Inceptors (bolt)

8th - 10 Assault Intercessors

9th - 3 x Suppressors

10th - 3 x Gravis Meltas

1 Impulsor

1 Repulsor

1 Repulsor Executioner

1 Redemptor Dreadnought8th Company:

1st - 2 Invictors

2nd - 10 Reivers

3rd - 6 Inceptors (plasma)

4th - 3 Primaris Outriders (bikes)9th Company:

Gravis Captain (boltstorm/fist/sword)

1st - 3 Eliminators (bolt)

2nd - 3 Eliminators (las)

3rd - 3 Aggressors (flamers)10th Company:

Phobos Captain

Phobos Lt (knife)

1st - 10 Infiltrators

2nd - 10 IncursorsDeath Company:

Lemartes

6 Death Company Intercessors

25 jump pack Death Company

1 Death Company Dreadnought

1 Stormraven

1 Impulsor

Looks good, but I'd put the Eliminators and Reivers in 10th coy.

Edit: typo

Edited by Captain Smashy Pants

Well, it was yesterday, but got first game that I've had since early March in.

Tried out a 1500 list old school, no primaris, 3 double plasma tacticals in heavy bolter razorbacks and 8 dc in a rhino, along with a relic contemptor, 3 typhoon speeders in a unit, and captain, astorath, and a techmarine.

Land speeders killed an alpha legion lord discordant first turn with 6 krak missiles, ap-3, hitting on 4s even through the -2 from alpha legion and warlord trait. (Astorath for a +1 to/hit and Big Guns so they could move out from behind a ruin and shoot, since I went 2nd), and turn 3 a tac squad charged and pulled the last 4 wounds off Magnus for the win.

Going to try the list again, but still deciding on the tacticals weapons.

Not a fan of plasma still.

Thinking heavy flamer, and a power sword hand flamer sarge, just for the cool factor.

Burn the Heretic