Oh you definitely are not.. 80% of my backlog is from 2e through 5e.

What's stopping you from going the HH route, appiah? :wink: Apart from the obvious overpricing of the FW sculpts.

I find it prohibitively expensive; I considered buying GW's plastic MK3/4 kits at some point, but then Primaris happened and I have zero will left to invest more in old marines..

I understand. Still I would see ways of converting Firstborn marines to suit HH era. With the abundance of used bits, 3rd party bits and 3D prints available it's certainly doable. Like converting MkVII armour to MkV is pretty easy if laborious by adding some studs.

Speaking for myself, I am thinking of a point in time (at least several years for me) when I will want to do something useful with my old marines I put so much effort into throughout the years. I would hate to throw them out, and it might be hard to sell them. So converting them would be a definite option. There is a small HH community where I live. It might grow bigger in time. That's just the pragmatic optimist in me ;)

I'm definitely not trying to force my way of thinking to you. Just some thoughts. 

Looks great, Blindhamster! Nice work on the GS, too!

For the left shoulder pad you could use an Aggressor-pad from the upgrade sprue or maybe one of the BA wing bits to put on a blank one, I usually like to use those instead of decals on my characters. It looks quite fancy and pronounced on a model like this.

bit of progress on my captain...

med_gallery_14877_13354_309717.jpg

larger pictures and more angles in my blog here

He has a lot more to do, arm and backpack aren't stuck on so i can sculpt the fur on the cloak.

any suggestions for left shoulder pad?

...so I know it's going to be painted over and your exceptional sculpting skills make it look great....but right now in plastic/greenstuff form it totally looks like a bald guy went for hair implants :teehee:

Considering a revamp for the Sanguine Vision, maybe for their Primaris brothers when I inevitably get some...

Painted up a quick test today. 1/4 scheme because KNIGHTS IN SPACE! AFAIK there isn't a cannon scheme like this... It's close to Angels Sanguine so i'll probably reverse it for finals. Thoughts?

Hidden Content

aHMEQPK.jpg

CVFN5LN.jpg

ZUz2G30.jpg

Edited by Charlo

Cool scheme! 

I wish I had the skill or patience for a quartered scheme.

I *never* thought I would but actually, when I broke it down it was surprisingly easy. The only tough bit was the helm (which is a little skew). Just take it slow and make sure you have a sharp brush edge!

For the Lockdown painting challenge, do we do everything through the master thread or will there be a thread here on Baal as well?

I am going to do Mephiston.

https://1d4chan.org/images/thumb/5/57/Lord_of_Death.PNG/250px-Lord_of_Death.PNG

Edited by Indefragable

For the Lockdown painting challenge, do we do everything through the master thread or will there be a thread here on Baal as well?

I am going to do Mephiston.

https://1d4chan.org/images/thumb/5/57/Lord_of_Death.PNG/250px-Lord_of_Death.PNG

I think Grotsmasha mentioned a single master-thread in the WIP section of the B&C.

EDIT:

@Blindhamster - great work, brother! Where is the sword from?

@Charlo - a cool scheme by all means! 

Edited by Majkhel