She's only 7 but i think there's some promise there, pretty good for a first try at drawing a marine (bonus points if you can identify the model)...

gallery_19254_1203_428685.jpg

Now I need to buy a gravis captain model and greenstuff a heart on its chest, then paint it..

3d prints arrived.

gallery_14877_13354_11254.jpg

I guess no one would dispute that selling overpriced miniatures is a dead end business at this point. This thing is 10x better looking than any space marine model GW put out in the last decade.

3d prints arrived.

gallery_14877_13354_11254.jpg

I wonder what printer he used. The model looks great.

I own an Elegoo Mars and this machine is easily able to produce miniatures of this quality. The big problem with resin printing is that you have to handle the fumes somehow and need some space where the resin isn't a threat to anyone. Orientating the model on the build plate and setting supports is also a big issue as it can ruin your print if you make some mistakes. Mostly this is an issue of free models. Sculpts which you have to buy will often come preorientated and supported.

Does anyone run an armor heavy BA list or unusual armor choices in a BA list they can share experiences with? I'm getting back into the game and my old 5e list was built around the old killhammer strat with five tanks pushing up the center line as LOS blockers so I have a lot of those models laying around.

I'm going into meta that will feature orks, death korps, Tau, craftworlds, and harlequins and I'm thinking about trying to cram two vengeance whirlwinds into the list. I think two models that can sit in the deployment zone behind LOS blocking terrain dropping wounds every turn would maybe be an effective way to force them into unfavorable positions but not sure if it's worth it instead of just spending the points on more melee bodies.

If you wanted to LoS ignoring artillery pieces, get one thunderfire cannon and one whirlwind, as then you'll have access to both Suppression Fire for the whirlwind. (Always fight last and can't overwatch) and Tremor Shells (halves movement and reduces advance and charge rolls by 2") rather than having the same. Plus the techmarine on the thunderfire can heal vehicles as well.

I run a single whirlwind in my list, as being able to drop 2d6 str6 shots onto harlies/wolves/orks and make them fight last even if they charge me is super useful for blunting charges that I'll be on the receiving end of is I aggressively push into the center. Nothing in recent 40k for me has been as funny as tagging a large squad of harlie jetbikes hiding to charge into my center holding intercessor squad as tagging them with Suppression Fire and defensively casting Null Zone with my Librarian inside the unit. If the jetbikes had bit the bullet, they would've charged in, not had an invuln, and been smacked by 10 intercessors with chapter master rerolls before they got to swing.

Does anyone run an armor heavy BA list or unusual armor choices in a BA list they can share experiences with?

I love running lists that would seem 'unconventional' for BA. I havent run an armour list yet as I think it would be unfair on my local group, but t definitely has merit. I'd probably take some other chapter doctrines from the codex, like the double wounds on degrading profiles and another, maybe -1 to hit from over 18" away.

With 9th I really want to run a pair of flamer Baals, as now they can freely charge the opponent and keep on flamin'. Otherwise I love dreadlists, but don't benefit so much from the BA traits, maybe hungry for battle and whirlwind would be better.

The other list was a bit more silly:

Elite choice detachment:

155 - Librarian Furioso: WARLORD Heavy Flamer,

135 - Death Copany Dread: melta, SB, talons

155 - Venerable Dread, lascannons, SB

140 - Ven dread, multimelta, SB

120 - Stalker, SB

185 - Stormhawk: Icarus, skyhammers

150 - Contemptor Dread: Multimelta

150 - Ironclad, meltagun, seismic hammer, hurricane bolters, 2x HKM's.

1290pts so far. I'm thinking of a librarian for psychic fortress or a techmarine for repairs. Maybe just another dread...

anyone have thoughts on Uriel compared to our characters?

My immediate thought was that he's better than most of ours as hes cheap (110 points) and comes with some really nice rules, plus a better melee weapon and a decent ranged weapon.

My immediate thought was that he's better than most of ours as hes cheap (110 points) and comes with some really nice rules, plus a better melee weapon and a decent ranged weapon.

He’s FW, so no surprises there. Their first units usually are overpowered/undercosted...

What really grinds my gears is that Azrael grants 2 CP and Dante only 1. Should be the other way around, or actually, no other CM should be getting a CP bonus other than the guy ruling one half of the entire imperium. It should be a super rare occurrence, not an everyday rule...

He’s FW, so no surprises there. Their first units usually are overpowered/undercosted...

What really grinds my gears is that Azrael grants 2 CP and Dante only 1. Should be the other way around, or actually, no other CM should be getting a CP bonus other than the guy ruling one half of the entire imperium. It should be a super rare occurrence, not an everyday rule...

Hes plastic and black library actually haha.

I think dante's epic deed rule would amount to it being 2+ cp technically.. but at the same time we have an impressive lack of epic deeds in our book (believe the other new books all have more?)

Uriel isn't FW, so I don't know what you're talking about.

Azrael had the CP ability in 8E, so I think they bumped it up to 2 when they gave it to Dante and all. So I can't really agree on that when it originated with Azrael and expanded to Dante, not the other way around.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

Hes plastic and black library actually haha.

I think dante's epic deed rule would amount to it being 2+ cp technically.. but at the same time we have an impressive lack of epic deeds in our book (believe the other new books all have more?)

Ah, right. Doesn’t matter actually, he’s not really designed to be balanced, but to promote a book. So I wouldn’t actually mind him that much...

If Dante’s rule would be more like the Custodes one, it’ll be good. Now, it’s a free “fight upon death” basically. :D

Not sure he needs it. Dante is fine, but he’s being outclassed by Azrael already, which is...debatable.

Uriel isn't FW, so I don't know what you're talking about.

Azrael had the CP ability in 8E, so I think they bumped it up to 2 when they gave it to Dante and all. So I can't really agree on that when it originated with Azrael and expanded to Dante, not the other way around.

Whilst true, dante actually had rules to do with his command in earlier editions too. Dante's rules really arent particularly representative of the marine that was put in charge of multiple chapters at armageddon, essentially lead a legion in defense of baal and was deemed a worthy leader for half the imperium.

My current guess is he had a mild improvement in this book, but I think he will cross the rubicon in the next couple of years and unlike mephiston will gain at least one new ability beyond an attack and wound increase.

Yea, DA being so much better than BA within a month or two is annoying to say the least, especially when DA seemed to be a pretty strong shooting army in a shooting edition. 

In other news, someone at my local gaming club wants to start practising for tournaments so has challenged me to a no holds barred 2k game in a couple of weeks. I normally bring whatever I feel like throwing on the table, but this time I'll be tuning my list in my blog, if anyone wants to chime in.

I feel like using a bunch of phobos stuff for early board control with fast bikes and jumpers to own the midfield from T1. 

Has anyone used Invictor warsuits in 9th so far? I'm thinking they still look decent, scouting with the flamer. 

So someone in my game group has announced a small 1000pt  tourney on 15th March, I've not played in a 40k one in ages, and could do with some army list input, particulrly from tourney veterans (@Shaezus, @Morticon, et. al, I'm looking at you.) so please check out my plans in the army list section Link.

Edited by Xenith

Saw my FLGS had an Indomitus box sitting atop the shelves on my last visit and dipped in to pick up some paint today, it was still there. I've been trying to convince a buddy with an interest in Necrons to start playing so I said what the hell and pulled the trigger. Was very pleasantly surprised to see the store guys only charged $160. I figure if I sell the necrons for half I'm doin' alright.

Excited to try to mash these guys together with some old BA bits, particularly turning the LT into a Chapter Champion.

Just my suggestion, keep the Lt as he is since MC Power Sword and Storm Shield is a great loadout to the Lt. It is the only version to come with an Invuln since no other Lt can take a storm shield.

My advice would be to convert the Ancient instead. Those long flowing robes would make a great Champion and the Ancient is not great since he only carries a bolt pistol himself. Replace the banner with a power sword and the army with the keys with a shield.

I converted mine into a Sanguinary Priest and it came out pretty well. This picture is just to give you an idea of how to swap the arms.

med_gallery_82363_13858_122905.jpg