My other anti tank consists of a squad of 3 eradicators and a MM attack bike (got two more on order).

I've also got a fair number of hard hitting melee Units (hammernators, Smash captain, etc), though delivering them is certainly more difficult than simply shooting.

Edit, and a pair of twin-lascannon Dreadnoughts.

Edited by Paladin777

I think there was recently a GT-winnig BA list with 2 units of las-fusil eliminators in it. Any source of D3 is really nice for us in the current meta.
Also worth noting that Eliminator Sergeant with Instigator rifle allows for moving after shooting. So the units has some extra mobility options. It can gain angle, shoot, jump back or forward into cover etc. 

I was digging through my Pile of Shame and setting aside things I will never paint for being sold off, I came across two dreadnought projects:

1. Chaplain Dreadnought resin body (probably recast) + Furioso Frag Cannon and Fist (Likely intended as a Furioso)

2. Black Reach Dreadnought + Furioso arms and claws (Likely intended as a DC Dreadnought)

Thing is, I don't think I need 2 more dreadnoughts, already have 1 AOBR and 1 Furioso w/ Frag Cannon.  I will sell the AOBR dreadnought off for sure, but I don't really know what to do with the Chaplain Dreadnought.  Do I convert it into:

a) Red Box Furioso with Fists/Claws (in which case I can also paint and keep the Frag Cannon as a switchable option)

b) Black Box DC Dread with Claws (in which case the Frag Cannon remains unused.. for now)

I hate having to decide LOL 

Maybe just go with a Chaplain Dreadnought

I don't even have the slightest clue as to what the rules and options for these are anymore..

Do you really care? :wink: You might always go and check Legends in Warhammer community for Chaplain Venerable Dreadnought. With 2 CCWs you can also play it as a DC Dread if you like. I would personally go that route: Chaplain Dread/DC Dread.

I have this model with a Lascanon/CCW loadout and I think I have another CCW for it somewhere

Edited by Majkhel

I think I'm going to go with the bolt sniper rifles on my eliminators and also get a second squad of them. They're cheap and versatile, and if I'm lucky I'll be able to pop off a couple of support characters with them. I think they'd be a higher priority target with the las fusils (though with a 1+ Save in cover that might not be a bad thing...). I think I've got enough other things for the ranged antitank role. Edited by Paladin777

Having built the kit now, I'm kinda impressed that they made it so that 6 unique poses can be made if you're giving them all snipers. That makes me pretty happy seeing as I'm going to have 6!

Maybe just go with a Chaplain Dreadnought

I don't even have the slightest clue as to what the rules and options for these are anymore..

Do you really care? :wink: You might always go and check Legends in Warhammer community for Chaplain Venerable Dreadnought. With 2 CCWs you can also play it as a DC Dread if you like. I would personally go that route: Chaplain Dread/DC Dread.

I have this model with a Lascanon/CCW loadout and I think I have another CCW for it somewhere

Yeah I think I will go this route.  That means I will just magnetize the underslung weapons to switch profiles: HF+Meltagun for DC Dread, HF+SB (or Dual SB, or Dual HF) for Chaplain dreadnought.

For the past two years I have been participating in the 12 Month Challenge, an event running in The Forge. The event is a motivational one that encourages you to paint a minimum of one model each month or the year.

Last year I managed 93 models because of this event. I used the event to paint either one vehicle or a minimum of five infantry each month and offset this by having one year long vow of 28 models which I broke down into manageable chunks of 3 at a time - these were very different from my BA/Imperial stuff to help keep the motivation going and to withstand burnout.,

gallery_62972_9848_146864.jpg
The event returns for 2022 and as I will be painting anyway, I will be participating again - this month I aim to get my Predator finished. I highly recommend folk join in to give themselves that little bit more of a push and to see some excellent work put out over the course of the year.

For the past two years I have been participating in the 12 Month Challenge, an event running in The Forge. The event is a motivational one that encourages you to paint a minimum of one model each month or the year.

Last year I managed 93 models because of this event. I used the event to paint either one vehicle or a minimum of five infantry each month and offset this by having one year long vow of 28 models which I broke down into manageable chunks of 3 at a time - these were very different from my BA/Imperial stuff to help keep the motivation going and to withstand burnout.,

The event returns for 2022 and as I will be painting anyway, I will be participating again - this month I aim to get my Predator finished. I highly recommend folk join in to give themselves that little bit more of a push and to see some excellent work put out over the course of the year.

Awesome Jole! I really think I want to tey this! I hate that I've missed so much because of the big C.

I strongly support this! I was also participating in both 2020 and 2021 editions of the challenge and it was a blast! 2020 came out as more of a grind similar to ETL as we had a narrative campaign going on during the event with 3 factions fighting over a planet. 2021 was more in line with the original concept of at least one model per month. Still it's all about no-stress painting in a great supporting community. A great way for pushing unfinished projects or leisurely hobby explorations.

I've already joined for January and will strive to continue painting throughout the year :smile.:

Edited by Majkhel

I want to try to get a squad of 5 intercessors done in January. Maybe I'll get my last squad of 5 (4 squads total, and the first two squads are done already) done in February too.

One way or another I've got a box of tartaros terminators on the way too, and maybe that'll be March. Those aren't terribly detailed. After my SangGuard, I kinda want to stick with some things that aren't particularly detailed for a bit.

Edited by Paladin777

I feel like I need a squad of heavy intercessors...

Edit: Also, for anyone that remembers my smash captain Calen from the Feast of Blades a couple years ago, I think I want to Rubicon him, but I'm uncertain as to which variant of captain I want to make him...any thoughts?

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

The models are sweet, the rules are decent. What's not to love?

Edit: Also, for anyone that remembers my smash captain Calen from the Feast of Blades a couple years ago, I think I want to Rubicon him, but I'm uncertain as to which variant of captain I want to make him...any thoughts?

I would hold fire for a little while until the new Gravis captain turns up. Some variants like Chainsword and Boltstorm Gauntlet might be cheapish whilst also allowing Teeth of Terra for a whole bucket of attacks. Alternatively, the dual-fist build might end up being the punchy successor to a Smash Captain.

Gravis Captains have some fun combos with Armour Indomitus, Adamantium Mantle (Via the Artificer of War trait) and Gift of Foresight. You have an 8W T5 Character with a 2+, 4++, 5+++ save that can be upgraded to 3++ once per game. Also he can reroll a failed save every turn and he can reroll one of his own hits and wounds every turn without having to resort to the Chapter Master upgrade.

Edited by Karhedron

I want a squad too. I love heavy infantry (hence the aforementioned tartaros on the way!). Edited by Paladin777

Some of you may be familiar with the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge I run down in the WIP Forum, each month I choose my Favourite model from those completed, and come year's end, I run a Poll to select a Favourite for the year.

2021's Poll is now open, and if you'd like to see some fantastic models and throw a vote at your favourite model, you can find the Poll HERE

Not that you have to vote for the red stuff, but Maj'khel is flying the BA flag this year with a couple of stunning entries :Tu:

So, I found this old thread from 2016 when I first started my Carmine Blades...doesn't seem like it was that long ago now.

Anyways, my initial thoughts on the new chapter were to be more of a transition army from an ultra founding to blood angels, and at first that's what I did.

Until later codices dropped and changed how the carmine blades look and act. Initially I planned on painting my death company white in the same since as the Angels Encarmine, but later changed my mind and did black power armor with white helmets.

I've always loved the Angels Encarmine alternate color scheme, and I've gone back and forth for years, if I wanted to be Canon compliant, or just paint what I want to paint.

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten