Played Blood Angels for the first time in a long time. Haven't played much over the last year and have been focusing on my Sisters when I have gotten the chance to play. So it was good to break out my glorious sons of Sanguinius again.

1000 point game against Grey Knights

Me: 

Captain with jumppack, relic blade, MC bolter

Sanguinary Priest

2x5 Incursors

1x5 Assault Intercessors

1x5 Assault Terminators with TH/SS
1x4 Sanguinary Guard (all sword and bolter)

1x3 Bladeguard Veterans

Against a captain, librarian, 2 strike squads, terminators, Interceptors, dreadnaught

It was a close game, but I lost 53-50 and got tabled in turn 5. I lost my Incursors early and had some bad positioning that lost me some points for Engage on All Fronts. But it was a really fun game. 

I hadn't used my Terminators, Bladeguard, or Priest before as they are all more recently painted. Paired up the Priest with the Bladeguard and they were a potent tool. His FNP kept them alive and was able to bring them back when they lost one. They deleted a unit of Interceptors and a strike squad. 

Our terminators went head to head and even with him being the one to charge, mine were the ones the came out on top after a couple rounds of combat. 

Congratulations on a good showing BluejayJunior. I have played against the new GKs and they are certainly a lot better than I remember. :smile.:

I think Infiltrators would be good against their deployment and movement shenanigans but that is a pretty tight list and I would struggle to know what to remove to upgrade the Incursors to Infiltrators.

I fully intend to not use the main model (I don’t play 30k anymore, not a fan of the BA units and think sanguinius doesn’t really capture the character well), in 40K I just use primaris, so I’ll take parts from him but not use all of it basically.

Does mean if anyone wants the body/rock/jump pack, and is in the UK, I could send it to you (for free, better it gets used)

Holy moly, I am in awe of your skill! What brushes do you use? I'm thinking of upgrading.

Thank you :) To be honest I see myself somewhere in the midfield regarding my painting skills. I'm using Da Vinci brushes which I can totally recommend. If you take care of them (the set I bought came with brush soap) they retain a really pointy tip. Beside that I mostly use contrast and regular citadel paints plus army painter.

I have a question regarding the blood Angels leviathan dread. I'm tempted to finally buy one before the price increase takes place. Could someone tell me if you also get the heavy flamers with the body or just the assault cannons which aren't a legal option in 40k? Also what do you think about siege drill and storm cannon?

Thank you :smile.: To be honest I see myself somewhere in the midfield regarding my painting skills. I'm using Da Vinci brushes which I can totally recommend. If you take care of them (the set I bought came with brush soap) they retain a really pointy tip. Beside that I mostly use contrast and regular citadel paints plus army painter.

I have a question regarding the blood Angels leviathan dread. I'm tempted to finally buy one before the price increase takes place. Could someone tell me if you also get the heavy flamers with the body or just the assault cannons which aren't a legal option in 40k? Also what do you think about siege drill and storm cannon?

I have the kit on hand. It comes with volkite, assault cannons and heavy flamers. The normal non-BA kit only comes with heavy flamers and volkite.

Edited by Spagunk

2 zephons ordered, providing me with some very nice parts for other models, probably won’t use the main body or jump pack though.

Still excited for the bits to arrive and get on with some converting

I live in the wrong Birmingham to grab those bits off you, haha! Can't wait to see what you do my friend! Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

I also broke and ordered Zephon. And also plan on cannibalizing as many parts from him as passible.
Regarding the new Primaris Champion - I'm not a fan of the Hollywood/chinese martial arts pose. BT one also doesn't ring my bells. If we get to use one, I will either be delegating my Indomitus Judiciar for the duty or will build something on my own.

Very nice work, Rhavien! Simple, but effective :thumbsup:

I also broke and ordered Zephon. And also plan on cannibalizing as many parts from him as passible.

Regarding the new Primaris Champion - I'm not a fan of the Hollywood/chinese martial arts pose. BT one also doesn't ring my bells. If we get to use one, I will either be delegating my Indomitus Judiciar for the duty or will build something on my own.

Very nice work, Rhavien! Simple, but effective :thumbsup:

the pose is actually a real guard stance with longsword, the power sword being used is just a bit too small for it to make sense.