2 hours ago, Karhedron said:

I can't see any at all. We even still have anomalies like Sanguinary Priests being allowed to join Assault Squads on foot despite those no longer existing in the new Codex. Even if we don't get any rules updates, I assumed we would at least be brought into line with the new codex. At this stage it isn't even clear if we are supposed to use the BA Index with the new Codex or with the old SM Index. :unsure:

Index: Space Marines is gone on the app, so I think your end question is pretty obviously answered there. Considering we also use regular space marine points for any of the shared units, I think it's pretty well clear that we use codex space Marines and our codex is just gonna be supplemental material. We will see when DA comes out if that changes but for now, we are just Codex: Space Marines and then some.

I don't think they've announced anything about further index updates. We may just be left to hang in the wind until codex time. 

To me, it's clear GW rules writers put very little effort into divergent chapter's rules. Therefore, my friends and I have agreed to play "common sense" rules. Mephiston can join bladeguard, Dante can join jump intercessors, Sanguinary Priest can join Sanguinary Guard and so on... At this point a community Codex Supplement: Blood Angels would be better recieved than anything GW puts out.

1 hour ago, DemonGSides said:

I don't think they've announced anything about further index updates. We may just be left to hang in the wind until codex time. 

That is the thing though, they announced a fresh batch of updates yesterday which can be found here.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000-downloads/

I have not checked all the factions but ours are just a duplicate of the original June files.

6 hours ago, Karhedron said:

That is the thing though, they announced a fresh batch of updates yesterday which can be found here.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000-downloads/

I have not checked all the factions but ours are just a duplicate of the original June files.

Hard pressed to call that an announcement.

Mephy is a beast (who really needs to attach to bladeguard...), though I think he could use to drop 10 points or so.

For Dante, I don't really know. He certainly isn't worth 120.  

Edited by Paladin777

Mephiston actually feels about right. I have been running him with Sternguard Vets now that the Serg can take a Fist and the combo works pretty well. BGVs would be nice but his biggest buff is Fights First which BGVs can get anyway from a Judiciar. Mehpy can give that buff to other units that do not normally have access to it.

I have not idea why Dante is so overpriced. He is objectively worse than either Calgar or Azzy but costs more than Azzy (hard to compare price with Calgar because of his bodyguards). I think GW just value the Jump Pack too highly, same with Lemartes and Astorath.

Hi folks, I hope all is well

I'm still plugging away at my backlog, got 5 heavy intercessors on the table currently (still to build leviathan).  

Got the new terminator Chaplain today (I like Chaplain models) and was wondering what people thought was the better loadout, shield or storm bolter? I like the shield, very cool in my opinion, but giving him some form of long range weapon makes more sense? 

Anyone built him up yet? 

I've looked at possibly magnetising the two, but the wrist section that attaches to the shield is soo small, I doubt I could drill a magnet into it..

Edited by happyslugger

Yeah, the Storm Bolter is probably "Better", because it's more possible damage versus a very much basically meaningless damage increase (It's only good against 1 damage weapons, otherwise, 2 damage and 3 damage are both killing him in the same number of shots).

BUT, that shield is dope as hell, and he's gonna look great leading 10 other TH/SS Terminators.  Though, I kinda want to build 2-3 Lightning Claws cuz they just look so cool and the Assault Terminator BA kit is full of character.

5 hours ago, happyslugger said:

He does look way cooler with the shield, so will see if I can magnetise it, but the hands are so small, I don't even think a 1x1 m magnet will fit.  I could always build him with the shield and say his storm bolter is in his pocket lol

I thought about that too. The hand on the stormbolter is probably big enough to sneak a magnet into it but I agree it'll be a bit flimsy.

I would probably just shave off the hand bit to look somewhat like a grip and then glue it to his leg. They can maglock things to whatever, right? Lol

I did catch a tick tock video (I don't have tick tock but came up on a Google search) and a gent put up a video of him magnetising it, so it may be doable.  Only need to do the shield arm as I only like the larger crozius anyway. 

When I get round to him, if I can make it work, I'll put up some pictures of how I did it.  If I can't, I will just go with the shield I think (gun in pocket lol).

Edited by happyslugger

On 11/2/2023 at 5:11 PM, happyslugger said:

Hi folks, I hope all is well

I'm still plugging away at my backlog, got 5 heavy intercessors on the table currently (still to build leviathan).  

Got the new terminator Chaplain today (I like Chaplain models) and was wondering what people thought was the better loadout, shield or storm bolter? I like the shield, very cool in my opinion, but giving him some form of long range weapon makes more sense? 

Anyone built him up yet? 

I've looked at possibly magnetising the two, but the wrist section that attaches to the shield is soo small, I doubt I could drill a magnet into it..

I'm painting mine at the moment and magnetised it so you can swap between the shield and Storm bolter. A 2mm x 1mm magnet fits well. The only thing you have to be careful of is drilling to far into the hand that's attached to the shied, as it's easy to drill through the palm. I stopped as the drill bit started to make the plastic go white, just before it goes right through, and it left exactly enough for the 1mm depth of the magnet.

The shield and Storm bolter are very secure with these magnets.

20231105_173458.jpg

Finished the 8th game of the escalation League at my FLGS yesterday. Fun game against a warhound titan and lots of Krieg infantry and rough riders (using death rider models). I lost on turn 5 as I didn't have enough infantry left and just 2 tanks at the end of the game, so they got 15 in secondary and 10 in primary to swing WAY back and just into winning. 

Don't know final standings or points for the league yet.

But I definitely know I'm finishing my Baal Predator! It earned it's points in every game. 

Edited by Father Mapple

So we've had a week a off from UotW as Index BA has finished (and because I've been away from a desktop this week), but we'll start going through Codex Marines from Monday.

I originally ordered them into Characters, Units, and Vehicles, with a view to alternating through each category so I'll likely keep the structure rather than moving to Characters, Battleline, Infantry, Mounted, Vehicles - unless there's a good reason to mimic GW/Battlescribe with this?

I know we've had a number of units moving to Legends (which will be tackled at a later date), but there's still a plethora of Datasheets to cover after all.