On 12/14/2023 at 12:44 AM, Paladin777 said:

Has anyone ever looked at or had any experience with bits from Vbits studios? I just saw some blood angels redemptor chassis upgrades and they look absolutely sick!

Hide contents

IMG_8739.thumb.jpeg.7348606f6b93ddd8fcdd0e0d8ba3f3b6.jpeg

I still haven't built my redemptor, so I'm quite tempted by them. 

Yeah I ordered the “primaris” SG and the guy is really nice, and also the bitz were great quality.

He’s very active in the discord as well! 

Fought some necrons this weekend.

Got curb stomped by some necrons this weekend.

Firestorm into Canoptek Court, mission was vital ground so the necrons were basically always rerolling. Pretty brutal lil game. I managed to rip almost 100 wounds off the list over two turns and still didn't kill more than a single unit of wraiths and a couple of doomstalkers.

The new Tesla carbine combo with devastating wounds is BUSTED into T4 Marines. Marines feel like paper this edition. Just getting eviscerated off the board constantly.

Very happy with the output of dreadnoughts tho. 

Edited by DemonGSides

Just a reminder that this series is for discussing the best way to use the topic's datasheet. It is not for portraying that X is a better unit and for lamenting about why it's no good or how it should be improved.

Got a techmarine and a box of DC for Christmas. I don't need any more DC, but the box is a treasure trove of bits, and some of them are certainly going to make their way into the VVets on foot (BGV's) that is in the queue!)

So between Christmas and my birthday I did pretty well.. I got:

10 more jump assault intercessors 

5 more terminators

captain with jump pack

terminator chaplain

anyone have good suggestions for alternative bases for the jump intercessors so I don’t double up on the basing?

also tempted to make 5 of them as veterans.. but honestly still expect to see an updated vanguard kit later this edition 

Just a reminder that the 12 Month Challenge over in the The Forge is back for another year. 

This event promotes and rewards those of you who will be painting models to your own standard this year through encouragement, camaraderie, and various participation badges that increase over time. The basic concept is that you have a structured way to tackle your backlog and it really is a little as simply vowing and completing one model a month.

For me, I know I can handle either five infantry or one vehicle a month, so I vow that and get it done in comfort. If I know I have an easy month coming up, I will vow a little bit more or work on what is called a "Plodding Along" vow which is a larger, multiple month vow (such as my Necromunda Delaques) which I actually use as a palate cleanser so I don't burn out on painting red/black/gold.

If you're going to be painting this year, have a read and maybe give it a go :thumbsup:

I did a light vow for January after the double-output I did for the second half of 2023. 

that said, I am trying to get an unvowed techmarine done before the end of the month.