Casual 30k Hobby Challange. Month 2

Fire Golem

The models are awesome, really unique in their style. And yeah I noticed a lot of the colour plates in the FW books have a mix of armour, and I imagine the SoH to be very individualised. Thanks! :)

*The vox crackles and hisses, then clearly a voice breaks through*

"This is Sergeant Castiel of the XVIII Legion, reporting in. Breacher Sergeant Ba'kor and one of his men are complete, another is on the way. The rest have completed the basecoating procedure and are awaiting the next stage of the operation. The Captain is awaiting spraying, however the alien slime covering his armour from the last encounter is proving difficult to remove, slowing the process. The Tactical squad also await basecoating, but are not scheduled to enter the field of operations until next month. Finally, reinforcements in the form of a squad of Firedrakes have arrived, and are currently awaiting armament. Hopefully they and their Captain, who arrived earlier and is armed and ready for combat will be able to join us in the field next month. I will keep you updated as the situation progresses. Castiel out."

P.S. Anyone know a good way of getting the mould release agent off models? Usually a quick scrub with a toothbrush dooes it for me, but my Praetor is gunked in it and I can't get it off.

Well I haven't got far. Made up the Multi-Melta Hevy support squad over the weekend between games but done no painting. One problem is I just got an order in and really want to paint some of the fancier stuff. But no, the HSS have been waiting the longest so they need to go first. I plan on finishing at least five of the Volkites this weekend, ideally all of them (edit: Culverins are so badass against Tyranids :))

I just realized I've spent 5 months working on these breacher squads. Its like water eroding a rock... so much work. I am loving my results, but I just can't keep up with all the things I want to paint given the level of quality I want :(

Thunor, I know your pain... I just got Vulkan and a Sicaran delivered and I'm trying to finish my (small) vow before I crack them open! This is hard...

@Bulbafist - your breachers conversions are stunning, so I can understand you don't want to rush the paint job. Though you might not finish the whole pledge (poor, poor traitors... ) I'll probably count complete models for the overall score, not just those in complete vows. So, if you can finish a few it will help the cause. Either way, keep going, it would be a shame not to see more of your guys on this thread!

Hi guys, just a quick little update from me this morning before something slightly more interesting tomorrow.

Reyner - Totally get where you're coming from with Comtemptors. You want to do a good job of it and make it interesting, but they just keep falling over! When I was doing my Talon, I found that working from the base up was helpful, because the base kind of locks in where the feet are going to go?

Also, just wanted to acknowledge the hard work that Kor'Vesh has put in to keeping us all on track. I hate doing paperwork, so I really appreciate it when someone else does it for me! Thanks mate... You're keeping me motivated!

gallery_67188_8872_568044.jpg

A crappy picture of a Rhino! Yay! This has been washed and painted to a point prior to the yellow glaze going on, which will happen tonight, so the whole thing should be done by or on the weekend.

I continue to procrastinate on actually getting paint on anything :\

Hopefully if the thing Wolf_Pack is planning (a heresy campaign) happens, I might have more than enough motivation to do so.

Hopefully.

That being said, in my attempt to hobby-but-not-really-paint-maybe, I put together some Templar Brethren using GK Power Swords, IF Upgrade kits with MK III armor being the rest except the arms. I didn't have any MK III assault marine arms so had to use some 40k spares I had. It isn't that noticeable, but I know..

Edit: The one with the Power Fist is the Champion/Sergeant/Whatever and it'll be used as a Solarite Power Gauntlet. Sadly I only had 3 spare power fists and that was the one that fit the best.

image1

Group Shot with all the boys. Tried to get them as dynamically posed as possible. Had a problem with 1-2 chest that wouldn't sit properly on the legs/waist without the removal of the crotch level plate than hangs off on MK III armor.
....Maybe I'll actually paint stuff soon tongue.png

Do it Slipstreams, just slip that little paint brush into your hand and start painting things yellow :) I love the Templars though, and very nice job indeed.

I like that you are continuing the shock and awe Atia.... Nothing for a week and then, BOOM, here is a boat load of progress on a knight. Impressive stuff. Hopefully I'll finish my first three guys before you manage a super heavy, but I can't say I'm confident.

Glad people liked my update anyway. I was inspired by Captain Semper, and will try and post one each week for October. Great to see so many updates today guys, especially more salamanders! I'll try and get one sorted myself soon!

Just finished my first 3 pyros. I'll post some pictures when I have day light, just wanted to make sure Atia didn't go and finish that knight first!

hehe^^ there's still plenty to do on him, freehands, battle damage ... laugh.png.

can't wait for the pictures!

Well here are my first three Pyroclasts...

http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad231/KorVesh/29143b28-cc1f-4f7e-a9a0-1951d74c20df_zpsf20311d0.jpg

http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad231/KorVesh/80c0ff1f-8da2-49bf-afcb-9d8c73ede845_zpsff121dd3.jpg

Sarg with power sword -  The yellow helmet is the colour I use in my 40K army, so I thought I'd run it into the pre-heresy force.

http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad231/KorVesh/586832e0-3d2b-4519-adc5-80df832b85a7_zps3ad255cb.jpg

Here is the fist - I magnietised the weapon arms.

http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad231/KorVesh/eb0b40b3-11c5-4477-9aca-9518302538d7_zpscdb49d34.jpg

As you can see, I've added off-hand weapons rather than open hands. I thin they work well, and add a bit more variety to the squad. These are really great models, and a pleasure to paint. I'm pretty pleased with the paint job too.

Right, now I can build my tank and Vulkan before I finish my pledge!

I've decided to do a little every day (to keep the momentum up). I'll post that I did nothing if so, to shame me in the eyes of my peers for motivation.

Last night I finished the washes on 4 of the Volkites.  They will be ready for the highlighting tonight, possible the generator coil things as well.

Good approach Thunor. Many updates make for much encouragement. Looking forward to seeing more volkite progress.

Thanks for the positive feedback on my Pyroclasts guys. People normally prefer a more muted green, so its a nice response.

The knight is looking great Atia, and do I see some painted Fellblade sponsons in the background?

Archived