Tzen's Ultramarines WIP blog!

Tzen

• 1 month later...

Tzen? Are you going to paint what I think you're going to paint? Stay where you are. I'm going to get a strong drink and short glass. This is going to be good. :biggrin.:

ofcourse, tzen is going to paint our lord and hero cypher, then voludus and top it off a TAU!

Thanks chaps, glad everyone likes! :D

So far this has basically been like painting a very large Ultramarine captain. I'm getting a new camera tomorrow I hope so I will take a pic again then. So far all I have done, apart from the head, is base coated him blue! :D

Ultramarines are pretty great to paint. This may just be me, but I find blue really chilling and easy to paint.

On the down side this does feel like I am painting a rather larger than normal Ultramarines captain. 

I am looking forward to Cypher, so the paint job on Guilleman may not do the model justice. :/

Okay, while I don't nearly hate plastic Guiliman as much as many other hobbyists, I've considered his face to be an irredeemable part of the model so far -- but then, your paintjob seems like it could almost save the face. I shall certainly watch this with interest!

I'm not sure what GW did with Guilleman's face, but I think it could be one of two things or both. 

The first is that 'Eavy Metal, if you don't already know, actually paint a 3d printed resin version of any new model. This is due to time limitations and such. So it could be that the resin model has a slightly different face to the final plastic product. 

The second is that they could actually have been going for that look. 

Third is photography. My guess here is that the photographs don't do the paint job justice. I've seen this happen loads of times! :D

It could be one or all of the above! :D

Thanks chaps!

I would like to do some fallen with Cypher, and I may do some. But I very nearly didn't bother doing Guilleman, I just have so little time to paint these days and I have a billion things I want to do.

Not done too much work on him, only the leg on the left is finished. So just the SHINgle picture...

Man, I need to write jokes in Christmas crackers.

http://www.golden-throne.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/rgbod1.jpg