IL VII - The Berserkers of Uran (thread 1)

Raktra

I'm gonna make them less Orky, but I don't want them too clean-Imperium. I'm kinda thinking it'll be post-Uran's destruction.

iiiiiiiiiiiiiimooooootaaaaaaaan raktra

I just realised how similar their faces are O-o

I actually sent her a template (not to discredit her, obviously) from a version of him I made waaay back in Soul Calibur. That's why it's such an odd coincidence, I had him all Joe-y before Joe even roaded his fury.

I love this. It's where I got the ideas of the "copper-jawed reapers" name for the Drowned. :D Much of the back story for some of the original tribes who make up the Drowned were that they were Anzac Plate Grav Tech-Slavers, which acted as the Legion's initial Javelin and Land Speeder pilots. 

Those who survived the depths of the training trenches unarmoured could bring the irradiated silt up, which they would smear across their faces. This would kill them, unless they became Astartes, and if they didn't complete the trials before the cancer did, well, it's curtains.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This'll make the "Immortan Raktra" fans happy, figured what I'm gonna do in place of a Legion banner: 

http://overmental.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/mad-max-fury-road-1.jpg

Explanation - after the genetic tempering crap goes down, Marines too injured for duty but not worth using a Dreadnought on are turned into living IV bags of hyper-steroids dragged into battle for on-demand use. So the morale buffs from banners = drug haze.

• 3 weeks later...

At last!  I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with them so much.  The contemptor, in particular, I think has real potential for trophies, chains and general betterment.

I'm picking up mine over the weekend (splitting one with a friend), but have suddenly felt the pull of the Iron Hands (something, Raktra, I am sure you'll understand).  Aaargh, the indecision!

My Calth set is gonna be Berserkers. It has begun.

Great, my attempts at dissuading you from making them SoH was successful. Eager to see the legions of the Brotherhood take shape. Won't get to acquire BaC for at least three months though, you won't see any Warbringer anytime soon. I have, however, a Void Eagle conversion waiting for an arm somewhere.

My first impression was wrong, these guys DO look tough enough to mesh:
12243423_10208107481224514_6681438654065

12278863_10208107481544522_6834195597075

I'm thinking of chaining up the Emperor's Children pads to make their own. That and mass purchasing Mk3 chain-weapons.

I'm thinking of chaining up the Emperor's Children pads to make their own. That and mass purchasing Mk3 chain-weapons.

I'm glad you're taking my advice on using the Emperor's Children Pads as a base for your Legions crest. I'm still convinced it will work out very well with chains.

Archived