***2014 Solstice Advance***

My brothers,

As the leader of this event, it pains me as well to announce that I have not completed my vow. It did get me back onto the painting track, but I vowed too much and real life took too much of my time away from the project. I got the three Fenrisian Wolves done, base coated and washed the Thunderwolves, and go some small work on my Dreadnought done. Sadly still a ways off of completed.

Let us not look upon ourselves as failing, this was meant as a motivational event to help the frater get more of their armies painted. And in that, we have succeeded!!

I am humbling asking Valerian, Lord Ragnarok, or any other mod to keep this stickied. Here's why. I want to see finished work from you all, as well as my own, posted here. Look at it as an on going challenge. You against yourself. Look at this thread every time you log on and let it be a reminder to complete those vows and to honor yourself and your chapter!!

Congratulations to those of you who completed this event!! You give the rest of us hope and motivation to complete our vows!!

A leg of elk for your health, and a tankard of mjod for you heart!!

End of Line

[quote name="Rune_Priest_Rhapsody" post="3930585" timestamp="1422122485"

Let us not look upon ourselves as failing, this was meant as a motivational event to help the frater get more of their armies painted. And in that, we have succeeded!

End of Line

Well put brother, it has been a great motivator. I compleated my (somewhat modest) vow and was inspired to start a new TDA WG combi-bomb squad who are currently about 60% done and I'm about 80% through my imperial knight. To all who read this thread and those that took part, be inspired and keep up the good work. The Chapter is improved by your efforts.

For Russ and the All Farther!

I have been working every day but one in the last 10. Got my vow done last night, but technichally some time way after midnight. Working all day today and will be tomorrow, but hope to get pics up on Monday. Some are not based, think I'm going for the 32's, and will be touching some things up-- but they are looking pretty good if I do say so myself. Thank you for motivating me to make some real progress on at least some of my 40k projects I always seem to keep on the back burner.

Storm Grrr. took a lot of work figuring out how to keep both options available and weapons interchangeable- no sexy solutions except for magnets inside the sponsons (only one option painted since that was my vow, and not 100%successful, but aall the more reason to get another as now I know what 'm doing [kind off]).

Some of the bikes- did extra and magnetized some of the arms and one torso is interchangeable- right now it's an Iron Priest without a servo arm. Lots of tedious crap-striping paint and removing iconography (both sets of 3 off ebay for less than one set of 3 new, so it might have been worth it...). I like my flags, "Sons of Russ MC (motorcycle club)" din't turn out great but my freehand is normally only for large triangles on shoulder pads.

Some of the boys- all magnetized, but only did enough for what they have. I only realized I had completely forgotten one set of arms when setting up the photo and wondering 'where's my 5th troop?', but I hope the three extra arms I did for the bikes keep me in line with the oath gods! So there might be a black plasma gun and power sword hiding in the final photo (not this set).

And the entire vow-

Thank you, I think the new(er) paints help with brush strokes/ unevenness. This my first vehicle with them and my first non-rhino; I am pretty proud of her.

Still working on bases- do you guy want pictures posted here when they are done?

Hey any chance there will be a new challenge issued/ place to make vows?  I need to light a fire under my butt to get some miniatures painted.

Well, this kind of SW specific event usually only happens once a year. The B&C holds many other painting events. Look for the Librarium Challenge, the ETL, and I am sure there are others I don't know about.

End of Line

• 2 weeks later...

Archived