***2014 Solstice Advance***

Progress on Predator- Almost done with all the main colors. Going to give it a good coat of Army Painter Wolf Grey, then wait for my bits to come in.

20141209 204227

The Baal Pred turret I ordered did not come with a hatch, but luckily I had enough broken hatches and storm bolters to throw something together. The end result is this crazy guy who decided to forgo the storm bolter and use his plasma pistol.

20141209 204255

i have a strange request... in my list see below

I Mithrilforge vow to complete

5x greyhunters

5x Bloodclaws

1x wolf guard battle leader (on foot)

1x Rhino Transport

3x Thunder wolf Cavalry

& to finish and base my 3x man wolf Guard terminator unit.

now as i asked for a "transport" for christmas from a mate he did technicaly get me one...but its a stormwolf wub.png am i able to change my vow to have the stormwolf as my transport instead of the Rhino(of which i dont have)....

cheers Mithrilforge

@ Yoyo ninja - your town makes you a spacewolf by default -

even though your a space viking,  sorry but im keeping my stormwolf :-)

Vikings

According to legend, Grimsby was first founded by Grim, a Danish fisherman.[8] Grimsby was settled by Danes sometime in the 9th century AD. The name Grimsby originates from Grim's by, derived from the name Grim, the Danish "Viking," and the suffix -by being the Old Norse word for village. The legendary founding of Grimsby is described in Lay of Havelock the Dane, but historians consider this account to be myth.

In Norse mythology, Grim (Mask) and Grimnir (Masked One) are names adopted by the deity Odin (Anglo-Saxon Woden) when travelling incognito amongst mortals, as in the short poem known as 'Grimnir's Sayings' (Grimnismal) in the Poetic Edda.[9] The intended audience of the Havelock tale (recorded much later in the form of The Lay of Havelock the Dane) may have understood the fisherman Grim to be Odin in disguise. The Odinic name 'Grimr/Grim' occurs in many English placenames within the historical Danelaw and elsewhere in Britain, examples being the numerous earthworks named Grimsdyke.[10] As other British placenames containing the element Grim are explained as referring to Woden/Odin (e.g. Grimsbury, Grimspound, Grime's Graves, Grimsditch, Grimsworne), Grimsby is likely to have the same derivation.

@mithrilforge I only see it as an upgrade to your vow!! I mean, of course you can vow it in it's place.

I once gifted my best friend a Doom Scythe. Now I want to break the damn thing every time I play against it!! Albeit, my StormGrrr is quick at dealing with it more often than not!!

Yoyo - Sorry Brother!! You'll need to acquire your new flyer else where!! msn-wink.gif

End of Line

@ mithrilforge, you would think it the default, but I haven't met any other space Vikings here yet. It's my fiancée that's from Grimsby, I'm from Cornwall originally but I'm not sure GW have any space smugglers/farmers armies!haha.

RPR, it was worth a try.

Another weekly update on my progress.

20141211 211230

20141211 211225

Most of the tidying up was done, and tried my first rudimentary attempt at OSL on the headlights.

20141213 134016

20141213 134247

20141213 134311

20141213 134029

My turret and bits came in today, and this is what came of it. I'm happy with it. The flamer tanks will be painted up to look like glowing plasma cells. I was originally going to impale the Cold One heads on the dozer blades to denote the Battle of Keylek Legacy of Glory, but with the weathering I have planned, it would've looked stupid, so I decided to use the heads like raised decorations on the turret. Only thing I'm not sure of is to use the Lizardmen banners on the fuel tank panels, but I'm not sure. What do you guys think?

My progress thus far:

Oleg Bearspaw

Long Fang Ancient and test Long Fangs

Gunnar Twiceborn

The Ferrum Mordent

I managed to finish most of the bigger models like the Dred and the Land Raider, as well as some little things like a Terminator and some of the Long Fangs. The number of guys in tedious, detail covered, PA is rather imposing I must say.

Note: apologies for the terrible lighting

my wife's samsung S4 smartsphone.   :)

Wish I had a proper camera and a lightbox to take decent pics though, the clarity and sharpness are good, the the colours are off. My wolves are a lot greyer and less blue. Hopefully, I'll sort that out by building a cheap lightbox next year. Not a priority at the moment though :)

my wife's samsung S4 smartsphone. smile.png

Wish I had a proper camera and a lightbox to take decent pics though, the clarity and sharpness are good, the the colours are off. My wolves are a lot greyer and less blue. Hopefully, I'll sort that out by building a cheap lightbox next year. Not a priority at the moment though smile.png

What light source are you using for these? If its fluorescent or the phone's flash that might account for the extra blueness in the pictures.

Long time no post brothers ! I have made an update to my vow though and am half way to completion, I have finished 5 of my 10 blood claws and have the other 5 in various states of paint/repair chomping at the bit to be finished too, I am now on holiday until the New Year so will grab a flagon and get down to it msn-wink.gif I know the lighting is, shall we say 'moody' but I feel it adds something to the picture happy.png Keep up the great work brothers and I hope you all have a legendary Christmas, for the glory of Russ !

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a513/cfinch88/IMG_2147_zps1ccf2ba6.jpg

I am using the Krom head for another miniature as well!! I am throwing it onto a Long Fang though. I do not repeat a single bare head in my entire army, so I was quite excited to get a grizzled looking head to add to my collection!! Enough about me though!! Looking good so far brother!! Keep upi the good work!!

End of Line

:( 

Well this sucks brothers, life is what happens when you have other plans. My leave has just been cancelled and instead replaced with an emergency work trip to the US of which I have no desire to travel 32 hours to LA. So my solstice pledge wont be completed in time, I leave in 2 days and return the 21st Jan. 

Ah well....

Am not making enough progress due to fighting off Nurgle's taint(no worries, i won ofcourse) , work and other stuff.. but here are a few update pics from my vow:

10885090_741498732599848_908452136496939

10422168_741498735933181_261642000715172

1743638_741498765933178_5802864890454817

First real try at a freehand that small, not fully satisfied but not bad i think.

what kind of colors do you use?

sad.png

Well this sucks brothers, life is what happens when you have other plans. My leave has just been cancelled and instead replaced with an emergency work trip to the US of which I have no desire to travel 32 hours to LA. So my solstice pledge wont be completed in time, I leave in 2 days and return the 21st Jan.

Ah well....

ZOOZ. You come back and finish this goddamn vow!! You report back here once it's complete, and you wear the completed badge with honor!!

DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME SOLIDER??!! Haha, seriously. Just finish. This is about you vowing to yourself to complete a project more than it is about you not finishing it.

Wulfgar, looking boss, boss!! Keep it up!!

LET'S GO BOYS!!

End of Line

Archived