Rise of the Dreadwolves : Crossroads

Lord Blackwood

You do know you are supposed to buy all this stuff, let it age on your shelf half done for a year, while you buy other things, and repeat. Isn't that what everyone else does?

Projects to me are things I only really find enjoyment from when Im finished. Be it because I have a game to play ( Which I do on Tuesday My Imperial Knights vs a guys Imperial Fists / Iron Hands )   Or because I get this sick sense of absolute joy placing a model on my bookcase.  If I  left stuff half finished on my shelf Id be denying myself something. I never keep projects unfinished if I can help it. 

Finished up  the  Carapace weapon , so this part of the vow is finished , Should be getting the stormwolf in the middle of next week  so that will be the next project to round out my contribution to this years ETL ( unless something else falls into my lap  to work on of course ) 

tumblr_noeihdc9VY1tdqdkto1_1280.jpg

Edited by Bladewolf

Prepping for that 5500 point game that Ill never get XD 

+++ Ironmaw Logical Conclusion (5500pts) +++

++ Imperial Knights: Codex (2015) (Household Detachment) (2115pts) ++

+ Lord of War (2115pts) +

Knight Crusader (480pts) [ Rapid-fire Battle Cannon w/ Heavy Stubber, Avenger Gatling Cannon w/ Heavy Flamer, Heavy Stubber, Twin Icarus Autocannon, Warlord/Lord Baron]
Warlord/Lord Baron [sanctuary]

Knight Errant (395pts) [Heavy Stubber, Reaper Chainsword, Thermal Cannon, Warlord/Lord Baron]
Warlord/Lord Baron [Ravager]

Knight Gallant (395pts) [Heavy Stubber, Reaper Chainsword, Stormspear Rocket Pod, Thunderstrike Gaunlet, Warlord/Lord Baron]
Warlord/Lord Baron [Helm of the Nameless Warrior]

Knight Paladin (420pts) [Heavy Stubber, Rapid-Fire Battle Cannon w/ Heavy Stubber, Reaper Chainsword, Twin Icarus Autocannon, Warlord/Lord Baron]
Warlord/Lord Baron [banner of Macharius Triumphant]

Knight Warden (425pts) [Avenger Gatling Cannon w/ Heavy Flamer, Heavy Stubber, Stormspear Rocket Pod, Thunderstrike Gaunlet, Warlord/Lord Baron, Warlord/Lord Baron]

++ Imperial Knights: Codex (2015) (Oathsworn Detachment) (370pts) ++

+ Lord of War (370pts) +

Knight Errant (370pts) [Heavy Stubber, Reaper Chainsword, Thermal Cannon, Warlord/Lord Baron, Warlord/Lord Baron]

++ Space Wolves: Codex (2014) (Company of the Great Wolf Detachment) (3015pts) ++

+ HQ (740pts) +

Rune Priest (130pts) [Psyker Mastery Level 2, Rune Axe]
Bike [Twin-linked Bolter]
Runic Armour [bolt Pistol, Frag & Krak Grenades]

Wolf Lord (235pts) [belt of Russ, Relic: Fellclaw's Teeth, Thunderwolf]
Runic Armour [Frag & Krak Grenades, Power Fist, Wolf Claw]

Wolf Lord (225pts) [belt of Russ, Relic: Krakenbone Sword, Thunderwolf]
Runic Armour [bolt Pistol, Frag & Krak Grenades, Storm Shield]

Wolf Priest (150pts) [Crozius Arcanum, Healing Balms, Wolf Amulet]
Bike [Twin-linked Bolter]
Runic Armour [bolt Pistol, Frag & Krak Grenades]

+ Elites (330pts) +

Iron Priest (165pts) [bolt Pistol, 4x Cyberwolf, Frag & Krak Grenades, Runic Armour, Servo-arm, Thunder Hammer, Thunderwolf]

Iron Priest (165pts) [bolt Pistol, 4x Cyberwolf, Frag & Krak Grenades, Runic Armour, Servo-arm, Thunder Hammer, Thunderwolf]

+ Fast Attack (1125pts) +

Thunderwolf Cavalry (340pts)
Thunderwolf Cavalry [Chainsword, Frag & Krak Grenades, Power Armour, Storm Shield, Thunderwolf Mount]
Thunderwolf Cavalry [bolt Pistol, Frag & Krak Grenades, Power Armour, Storm Shield, Thunderwolf Mount]
Thunderwolf Cavalry [Frag & Krak Grenades, Power Armour, Power Axe, Storm Shield, Thunderwolf Mount]
Thunderwolf Cavalry [bolt Pistol, Chainsword, Frag & Krak Grenades, Power Armour, Thunderwolf Mount]
Thunderwolf Cavalry [bolt Pistol, Chainsword, Frag & Krak Grenades, Power Armour, Thunderwolf Mount]
Thunderwolf Cavalry Pack Leader [Frag & Krak Grenades, Power Armour, Power Fist, Storm Shield, Thunderwolf Mount]

Thunderwolf Cavalry (445pts)
Thunderwolf Cavalry [Frag & Krak Grenades, Power Armour, Storm Shield, Thunderwolf Mount, Wolf Claw]
Thunderwolf Cavalry [Frag & Krak Grenades, Power Armour, Storm Shield, Thunderwolf Mount, Wolf Claw]
Thunderwolf Cavalry [Frag & Krak Grenades, Pair of Wolf Claws, Power Armour, Thunderwolf Mount]
Thunderwolf Cavalry [Frag & Krak Grenades, Pair of Wolf Claws, Power Armour, Thunderwolf Mount]
Thunderwolf Cavalry Pack Leader [Frag & Krak Grenades, Power Armour, Power Fist, Storm Shield, Thunderwolf Mount]

Thunderwolf Cavalry (340pts)
Thunderwolf Cavalry [Chainsword, Frag & Krak Grenades, Power Armour, Storm Shield, Thunderwolf Mount]
Thunderwolf Cavalry [bolt Pistol, Frag & Krak Grenades, Power Armour, Storm Shield, Thunderwolf Mount]
Thunderwolf Cavalry [Frag & Krak Grenades, Power Armour, Power Axe, Storm Shield, Thunderwolf Mount]

+ Heavy Support (255pts) +

Stormfang Gunship (255pts) [2x Twin-linked Multi-Meltas, Armoured Ceramite, Helfrost Destructor, Twin-linked Lascannon]

+ Lords of War (565pts) +

Fellblade Super-Heavy Tank (FW) (565pts) [2x Quad Lascannon, Armoured Ceramite, Hull-mounted Demolisher Cannon, Searchlight, Smoke Launchers, Twin-linked Fellblade Accelerator Cannon, Twin-linked Heavy Bolter]

tumblr_noetavA7nZ1tdqdkto1_1280.jpg

I dunno what it is about the Gallant Kit that I love so much but this little short story was born out of drunken insomnia and I  reckoned id put this chapter up here and maybe write out chapter two about how he actually comes in contact with the 14th and becomes oathsworn a bit later 

Blackwood Chapter 1 

This world is dying.  Dying just like every other world that has been in the path of these soulless hungering monsters.  I have fought on four of them only to leave them to the maw of these creatures. How many have I killed now? Thousands , Tens of Thousands ?  

These thoughts seem idle but they help me focus. It is always difficult  right before the end.  The ghosts that haunt this armor they make me pay for each world  I  fail to save but how can I be expected to save anyone ?

I  couldn't even save my brother his voice is the most quiet but it is the one I try to listen to the most. Rise and fall Rise and fall  my right arm is death to  more and more of the skittering horrors. 

The strain is unbearable. I can feel them crunch under the splayed claw feet of my armor I close my left hand around the skull of a larger one while the stubber at my shoulder dose it's work.

" How much bloody longer do we have to hold out here ? " 

The voice that answers me is a gruff one , one I am very  familiar with , it bares the signature of annoyance exhaustion and grit that one would expect from an Imperial Guard Officer. 

" It will take fifteen more minutes to  evacuate the rest of the civilians Lord Blackwood." 

I kill the vox transmission , fifteen minutes that would seem like an eternity. My own disappointment is amplified by the ghosts in my throne mechanicm.  They call me unworthy and usurper they fight with me just as the armor once had. Eventually I was able to bring my will to bare to pilot the armor but the voices never stopped. I try to listen for my brother but quite suddenly I have bigger problems.  A much larger beast appears then another both barreling toward me  the sea of their kin parting for them. 

I flex the fingers of my left hand , The Thunderstrike gauntlet begins to surge with power.  One at a time I tell myself nimbly casting my armor to the side and out of the rampaging beasts path but not wide enough to make useless my Reaper. It tears through the underbelly of the first beast wounding it,  badly. The friction turning me to deal with the other's  second charge my left hand comes chopping down closed in a tight fist.  The Carnifex crumples into its friend. Grabbing  whats left I  fling it  toward the oncoming horrors  as  my Reaper makes sure the first is dead. 

For hundreds of years the knights of house blackwood had protected the people of these planets and now there were none left. Only the bastard son of  lecherous failure not worthy of wearing the armor of his half brother.   NO!  That is not me  , not my mind. I have to struggle to focus   driving my reaper into the face of the next largest beast one with a great birthing sac beneath it.  My head clear I notice  that the death of the larger beasts causes many of the smaller ones it is birthing to spasam and die.   I see another birthing beast some yards away a savage grin spreads across my face as I lift the corpse of the first.   

" Fear me you  void spawned horrors , I am MIcha  the last of House Blackwood and while the Solem Vow stands I will  slaughter your  Kind. 

Started the preliminary work on t he Stormwolf Today ,  its going to be my second stormwolf so It shouldnt take me too  long to knock this out   maybe Ill be able to do all of it tomorrow or atleast get close to finishing it off tomorrow 

tumblr_nom3mesXwA1tdqdkto1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nom3mesXwA1tdqdkto2_1280.jpg

The Wolfsworn Freeblades  Won a Game I played Today as the Exalted Court Formation vs Chaos 

Purge the Alien , Dawn of War 

The Pup and the Solem Vow did sustain injuries  but the Pup  took a blood thirster down before he left the battle field and The Solem Vow a terminator squad and a Hellbrute

tumblr_nomlugWTix1tdqdkto1_540.jpg

tumblr_nomlugWTix1tdqdkto2_540.jpg

tumblr_nomlugWTix1tdqdkto3_540.jpg

tumblr_nomlugWTix1tdqdkto7_540.jpg

tumblr_nomlugWTix1tdqdkto4_540.jpg

tumblr_nomlugWTix1tdqdkto8_540.jpg

tumblr_nomlugWTix1tdqdkto5_540.jpg///

I know the last picture seems wierd but the Blood letters deep struck there and then died immediately to gattling fire 

Final Score was 13 -2 

Alright the second stormwolf is finished,   which completed my second ETL  Vow 

I have to go back to  New York to deal with some family issues so I might not be able to vow anything else this year since I dont know how long ill be away from my  current home but  participating this year was a lot of fun and good timing  really. 

tumblr_nonsolaij61tdqdkto1_1280.jpg

OVER??!! But, but, but... You're a painting monster!! Ive got 10 grey hunters you can HAVE to vow for the competition!! :wink:

I picked up the Evesore and the Vindicare for my collection. Both are monsters!! I had the vindicare pop two helbrutes and a rhino one game!! He also took out a Sorcerer that game.

I see all this painting is improving your skills, brother Bladewolf!! Congratulations!! I'm even more excited to play again. We need to get that set up soon!!

End of Line

Edited by Rune_Priest_Rhapsody

OVER??!! But, but, but... You're a painting monster!! Ive got 10 grey hunters you can HAVE to vow for the competition!! :wink:

I picked up the Evesore and the Vindicare for my collection. Both are monsters!! I had the vindicare pop two helbrutes and a rhino one game!! He also took out a Sorcerer that game.

I see all this painting is improving your skills, brother Bladewolf!! Congratulations!! I'm even more excited to play again. We need to get that set up soon!!

End of Line

Thanks brother , I always appreciate the compliments especially from such a fantastic painter as yerself. 

I would totally paint the grey hunters but I am heading back to new york for a few weeks  for family issues so I wouldnt want to bring shame to either of us by failing to get the job done.  I really do appreciate the gesture tho. 

I picked up the Anti Psyker assassin because of how annoying Weapon Virus was against my knights XD but I also realized my wolves sort of lack anti Psyker defense so I figured he would be the best one to get my hands on.  

Extremely intoxicated last night I got into an argument about WYSIWYG  when it comes to a warden and the inability to use a fist as a reaper chainsword if you dont wanna take the fist upgrade.   My friend decided to utter the words " you can always just buy another arm for your warden" which pissed me off immensely so I made this 

tumblr_noy5c3rwai1tdqdkto1_540.jpg

tumblr_noy5c3rwai1tdqdkto3_540.jpg

So now If I want to use it as a reaper chainsword at least I can say its still represented on the model. 

There Arent XD

cept for the one forgeworld knight with the big flamer and chainfist

but yea  this was just done so I can use the sword without buying a whole nother arm assembly.

I  always run into the people who are very strict about having an option modeled on the model.  O n O  
With my grey hunters they  once told me I  couldnt field them because they had chainswords and I  didint pay for the chainswords.  Frustrating opponents can be frustrating.  

I got it was to satisfy the wysiwyg. Was just thinking a Chainfist is the most powerful hand weapon available to a marine. What would it's capabilities be scaled up for a Knight? Has a bit of mayhem and destruction on my mind :D

Its a D weapon that gives a +1 to damage rolls, so you always damage what you hit, so you are rollin 2-7 instead of 1-6... So minimum damage is d3 +3 hull points I believe.

That's quite potent. I hadn't thought about there already being a Knight chainfist. It's a nice looking weapon in your Knight. Too bad you can't switch back and forth like Logan :D

So I am at a point that bothers me quite a bit. I own about 10 thousand points of Space Wolves and 2500 points of Imperial Knights (  the relevant armies for this thread)   And I am not sure where I  should go from here 

The Rune priest offered me 10 Grey hunters which are a very appealing option but I dont want to just take models from him without giving him something in return ( I  respect him way too much fot that ) 

I am away in New York for a few weeks  making a bit of extra cash so I  really am considering saving some of what Im making to get a Knight Lancer for the Wolfsworn Freeblades , Ive really wanted a Forgeworld Knight for a while. 

Id like a Fourth Pack of Long Fangs so I can have 4 Heavy Bolters and 4  Plasma Cannons 

I dont own a Vindicator yet. 

Im not quite sure how I  should go forward , any suggestions would be appreciated. 

I'd count that as a vote for the Long Fangs! I like them, but I don't have the ranged support options you do. A Vindicator might be nice for you with so many other big threats on your side. Plus, I'm sure you got a few wolfy bits left over from the Stormwolf just waiting for another vehicle. Forgeworld is out of my budget, so I have no idea concerning that option.