Casual 30K Hobby Challenge - Month 3 - November

Kor'Vesh

Atia failed to finish? jawdrop.gif

Yeah cry.gif haven't raidet the last three months, so WoW now eats some of my painting hours :< (also that Spartan consumes more time than a fellblade ,,,,)

Yeah cry.gif haven't raidet the last three months, so WoW now eats some of my painting hours :< (also that Spartan consumes more time than a fellblade ,,,,)

You can never skip a Raid Tier and come back expecting an easy time catching up...

And yeah, Spartans are a surprising pain. I loathe to think about a Storm Eagle since those are just as bad apparently....

You can never skip a Raid Tier and come back expecting an easy time catching up...

And yeah, Spartans are a surprising pain. I loathe to think about a Storm Eagle since those are just as bad apparently....

haven't skiped it msn-wink.gif. I (and my guild) finished SoO HC a few month's ago tongue.png.

btt: nice work on the Contemptor Slipstreams biggrin.png

After many more man hours of work, I've basically finished my Breachers! I based them yesterday and have been playing games with my close friends all day today :)

I'm still going to use weathering powders on them in addition to some highlights. So I don't count myself done for this month. But once I get home next week, I'll wrap up the project and post lots and lots of pictures :)

Nice work Leoric =)

Unfortunately i wasn't able to finish my Spartan this month, the releases of both WoW and Pokemon were very time-consuming :/. But my Dreadnought is finished and will give our traitors some points tongue.png

Thanks Atia!

I have done my first order from Forge World, so 15 Sons of Medusa and some other legionaires are on the way. They should be here before christmas, but I will continue my project first in the new year.

I have completed one of the 6 Breachers, and I'm about to start painting the rest. I think I'll probably not get to the Praetor, but I'm determined to at least contribute my 6 points to the Loyalist cause!

Slammed some 30k in 40k with the boys a few days ago. Luckily for me I was on the team with my mates titan in the first game. Second game a friend snapped this shot of my newly painted legionaries right after another friend's orbital bombardment exploded one of my vindicators and killed off my apothecary, navigator, standard bearer, + 2 other dudes.

http://i.imgur.com/MJZPKFD.jpg

Also pictured are my mates space elves who were my battle bros for the day.

Are we gonna do a month 4 guys & gals? I must confess that I'm running out of stuff left to paint, but while it's coming in to the silly season for a lot of us, I'm still up for it if the general consensus is to go ahead...

I can lend you some stuff.....

Not sure if i have enough time for december ... need to paint my XIX Legion Master, 10 Plaguebearers and Epidemus this month ... and i won't have much time the next 2 weeks 'cause of WoW's raid starts ....

I won't be pledging this month. I'll be missing a significant chunk of time and will instead try and finish my previous two weak attempts. Still it got me going and I got more done in two months than I did in the previous year :) Not sure if that classes as good (more done, yay) or bad (one model in 6 months?!)

I'll open a new thread for december this evening, and get started on my summary. Sorry I've been a bit absent this month - its been a surprisingly busy one that has left me astranged from my paint brushes and forums! I should manage something in December though...

--- November Casual challenge – Post-mortem ---

There have been some great contributions to the challenge this month, with an exceptionally strong showing from the traitors. Thanks to everyone for their continued involvement – I’ll try and pick up a paint brush myself in December! So without further ramblings, lets look at the numbers…

Final Standings

Pledges

The loyalists did come to life after their lamentable performance in the first half of the month, with both StruManChu (ever a hero for the loyalist cause) and new-boy Leoric completing two large vows. Fantastic work guys. The traitors, however, were on fire in November with four of their seven pledges complete, with only one member of their team failing to complete a model. Congratulations to Slipstreams, Bulbafist, Gizur and Brother Vidus for some great completed pledges. All that means:

Loyalists  2 : 4  Traitors

Traitor victory!

Score

First a reminder of the scoring system:

Infantry - 1 point;

Large Infantry (termies, bikes etc.) - 2 points;

Monstrous infantry - 3 points;

Vehicles - 6 points;

Lord of War - 10 points.

So, the final scores are:

Loyalists - 22 models completed, worth 31 points

Traitors – 50 models completed, worth 70 points

Another Traitor Win!

Progress

For the final week, I’ll review everyone’s progress and contribution. First up Team Horus.

The Traitors - followers of Horus - the heretics, followers of the warp (7 members)

The Oath Keepers: An amazing performance this month form the whole traitor team.

Brother Vidius – Iron Warriors – IV: Made some great progress on his Iron warriors this week, completing an excellent paint job on the legion specific contemptor and a 10 plasma support squad. That is some serious, well painted firepower for the IVth. Vidius is on a bit of a mission with his force, and is already progressing well with December’s challenge.

Gizur – Word Bearers – XVII: Completed his vow very rapidly, producing some fantastically painted red Word Bearers, with added heretical scripture. The Javelin Landspeeder was particularly nice work. A great performance for the heretics from Gizur, one of three members scoring over 15 points.

Bulbafist – Iron Warriors – IV: Bulbafist has been working long and hard on his 23 breachers, and they were certainly worth the wait. While we are still awaiting the close-up detailed pictures, and a tiny bit of weathering, he has completed these fantastic conversions to a fantastic standard – just check out the WIP pictures of the shields! Great work Bulbafist, please get up those pictures for us all to enjoy!

Slipstreams – Alpha Legion – XX: Although he did compare himself to Spongebob this month, and almost forgot us, Slipsteams still churned out a lovely Alpha Legion contemptor. Another great completion from the painter who loves a tight deadline!

The Battle Brothers:

Thunor's Hammer – The Infernal Guard (alt heresy): More progress from Thunor, this time with his red armoured first company Promethians. Only three were completed (I wish I’d painted three models this month), so the pledge was incomplete. Still the scheme and painting standard is great. Keep moving forward brother, you are going to have a great looking army!

Atia – Death Guard – XIV: November’s hero didn’t quite live up to her high painting rate in this month, but her work remains fantastic. Crucially however, this time she was supported by all of her team mates, and secures the win her efforts in October deserved! Atia painted a heavily weathered Death Guard dreadnought, and the interior of her Spartan, earning six points for Horus. Both look fantastic, but the difficulty of building the Spartan kit, and the lure of WoW may have slowed her progress this month.

The Neophytes:

Excessus – Alpha Legion – XX: Built his Sicaran this month, but we saw no further progress. Hopefully we’ll get our first painted Sicaran in December – Reyner, One-eye and Excessus have all pledge one of the last two months… soon we’ll have the tank in our thread!

The Loyalists - beloved of the Emperor - the loyal sons (8 members)

The Oath Keepers:

StruManChu – Imperial Fists – VII: Stru once again performed admirably for the loyalists. He set himself a steep challenge at the start of the month, pledging a full 20 man tactical squad. Of course he delivered this 20 point pledge with no fuss, and an excellent, battle-worn muted yellow and black scheme. I really want to see Stru’s whole army now- it’s grown a lot in two months!

Leoric – Mechanicum: Leoric joined the challenge for the first time this month, and performed heroicly, pledging and completing an Imperial Knight, scoring ten points for the loyalists. Excellent work on an excellent model sir, we look forward to seeing more!

The Battle Brothers: While the fists and supporting Knight households held the crumbling loyalist line, only a single brother stood beside them. While the pledge was not completed, progress was made for the honourable XVIIIth!

Castiel - Salamanders – XVIII: More progress from Castiel on his breachers, with a single model complete. Hopefully we’ll see the unit finished next month!

The Missing: Assumed lost on the sands of Isstvan, or in the world of warcraft...

Barabbus Sogolon, Kor'Vesh, Mind of Metal, Frozen Foods, Gab.

Yes. Even your good host went missing this month. I haven’t touched a paint brush and I’ve not even got Warcraft as an excuse! Apologies to my brothers, I feel truly shamed.

Well, that’s it guys. Thank you all for another awesome month! Now what will Christmas bring?

Kor’Vesh

Archived