Raven Guard Decapitating Strike RoW tactica and lists

Kingofmottinos

Hi to everyone smile.png I started this topic because I wanted to explore the possibities that the Raven Guard RoW can offer in order write down all the tactics we can think about and try them in army lists specifically built upon those tactics. So, yeah, we need to write dawn the possible tactics but I would like to concretize them on the battlefield. I need to warn you, though: 1. I'm from Italy, so my english isn't that good: I'm sorry if I write in a weird way or I make some grammar mistakes XD 2. I'm absolutely not an expert player, I play like one or two times in a month, so I'm still learning and if my tactics and lists are a little naive you know why XD

Now, here's the first thing I thought about Decapitating Strike: we can use the RoW to block the enemy in some point of the table and put him against consecutives waves of models. I wrote down a 2000 list built upon this concept: here's the thing:

First of all, I try to seize the initiative with the help of the RoW. Then, here's the key squad (I indicated the points too)

9 mor deythan + 6 shotgun + 3 flamers 239
Alvarex 140
I infiltrate them at least within 18 from the enemy (hopefully even nearer) and I use Alvarex's strato vox to place 2 drop pods (70) precisely where I want them to be. In the pods there are
5 support squad + 5 melta 175
9 support squad + 9 flamers 160 with Apothecary 45
The melta squad blows up the nearest transport, then I burn whoever is inside with the other support squad (note that I can place the pod in the best way possible to burn a lot of people). These two squads are supported by
15 tactical + 15 swords + melta 235 with apothecary 45
Spartan + ceramite + flare shield 340 with 6 terminator cataphractii + 5 fists + chainfist 240 and Primus medicae terminator cataphractii + chainfist 120 (the spartan fires with the quad lasers from distance)

At that moment, I think that this squad should stay at proper distance, so the tactical shouldn't go too near the enemy to rapid fire him. The mor deythan and Alvarex should just stay where they are and wait too.

Now, there's the second wave:
Drop pod 35 + 10 tacticals + melta 155
This tactical squad is now supported by the mor deythan (possibly with fatal strike) that now can go near the enemy, shoot and than assault, and the 15 tactics with the apothecary, that now go near the enemy in order to rapid fire him. The spartan supports the squad from distance as usual while he keeps making its way towards the heart of the battle.
And now there's the third and final wave, the spartan itself with the terminators inside it. It disembarks the terminator, who assault in the same turn, while the spartan now can probably use his heavy flamer. I don't know if I should try to spend some points in the second heavy flamer, I'll think about it.
Let me know what you think about my "waves"

Archived