hive fleet leviathan and why you should be excited

aura_enchanted

I think they're fine for what they're trying to do - be more Space Wolf-ish than Sisters. That  being said, I probably would have green stuff'd the skirts and used different heads, possibly from a third company.

I actually thought about using the torso bits from Sisters of Avelorn as SoB but the cloaks were a deal breaker for me because I wasn't positive I could get them to look less like cloaks and more like robes.

Honestly, if they weren't so bulky I'd just use Dark Angels veterans bits :/

Am reading Shield of Baal: Tempestus.

Sisters have just been assigned guard duty while others proceed. So far everything happening as it usually does :P

Lol, we'll see if it changes course.

One left on ebay...

I don't evn think I want to know the price. tongue.png

I have mine on order from my local store, so local in fact I gave th owner a house key so he can walk over the road and drop things off for me. lol

He was selling them for about $9 below retail... I have no idea how he was getting them. If it wasn't for his positive reviews, I'd be concerned that he was a scammer of some kind. As it is, I'm confident that worst case scenario, I get my money back, so whatever...

So, in the teaser video for Shield of Baal, we got peeks at the forces that would be featured within, including the Sororitas. Now, I may just be grasping at straws here but, the only force to have not been represented with actual Miniatures was the Adepta Sororitas. A possible hint? I dare say I hope it to be...

See for yourself if you haven't already :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSZh-g2Vo08

Wow... that was actually kind of fun to watch.

...Now, I may just be grasping at straws here but, the only force to have not been represented with actual Miniatures was the Adepta Sororitas. A possible hint? I dare say I hope it to be...

I'm really confused, myself. I understand why they don't want to use the old Sisters of Battle models in the trailer, because they look awful next to modern Citadel minis... but then, why not use this as the opportunity to lead with the Sisters minis, or reveal them earlier so they could appear in the video?

Or, alternately, why bother to put the Sisters in at all? Their choice to omit the Sisters models shows that they know full well that the line is flagging badly. Nobody is forcing them to put the Sisters of Battle in this campaign book, or to mention the Sisters in the video (ie. they could include them in the campaign but leave them out of the video if they feel like they have nothing to show).

Also... where is that art from? I'm not familiar with it.

My understanding is that that particular art piece is one from FFG Dark Heresy, though I could be wrong.

I think it is telling that they have not shown any models. I think it basically indicates that a. there will not be any new Sisters models and b. they want to support the line and cover every army at some point through these campaigns, albeit in the easiest way possible.

Perhaps the book will encourage people to add a small squad of Sisters to their force for the campaign and so COULD be a test bed for interest in the Sisters range.

The picture is from inside the Adepta Sororitas  e codex, location 374 if it helps. 

It's possible that the Sisters are mentioned for much the same reason the e codex came out.  "Here's your new codex, now shut up and leave us alone!"

I don't think I'm going to hold my breath for new figs any time soon.

Its funny going to official gw locations with Sisters; about 50% of the people (even more so at Warhammer World) I speak to there express great interest in starting a Sisters army. The line I usually hear is 'I want to start a sisters army, but they need plastic models.'

Now if only half of these people are telling the truth, that is still a lot of potential revenue GW are missing (especially since these are the people most likely to buy direct from them).

Of course, without any market research there is no way for GW to know this :p

My understanding is that that particular art piece is one from FFG Dark Heresy, though I could be wrong.

I think it is telling that they have not shown any models. I think it basically indicates that a. there will not be any new Sisters models and b. they want to support the line and cover every army at some point through these campaigns, albeit in the easiest way possible.

Perhaps the book will encourage people to add a small squad of Sisters to their force for the campaign and so COULD be a test bed for interest in the Sisters range.

I agree with this interpretation. From looking at the US webstore, they are starting to run out of many of the models, so it doesn't make sense to show pictures of models that people can't buy. My hope for this release is that there is a usable formation for Sisters that gives a few more options for play. Maybe that will stir up some interest in them and prompt some sort of new releases down the line. If I was running GW I would actually transfer the line over to Forgeworld and let them run with it. They have done basically the same thing with Elysians and Krieg and it has been pretty successful.

It feels to me that GW is quite torn about the Sisters- obviously they don't want to "squat" them, but they aren't quite committed to fully modernizing them. I have played them on and off since 3rd ed. and still really like the models.

MOAR SPESS MUREHNS has a reason though. Think about it. When a 12yo kid comes into the store and expresses his interest to start 40k, what armies will appeal to him and what will be beyond his graps?

Imperial Guard - Big tanks and looks like the army. He gets that.

Daemons - Everyone knows what they are.

Space Marines - Big burly super soldiers and, according to fluff, the biggest and badest warriors out there. Of cause he will be interested.

Chaos Space Marines - See above, just add spikes and a evilness. Easy to grasp as well.

Space Wolves - Vikings, 'nuff said.

Blood Angels - Vampires.

Dark Angels - Pretty much Space Marines again but cooler looking models.

Necrons - Robot Zombies.

Orks - Everyone knows Orks.

Eldar - Elves, easy to identify with for some

Dark Eldar - Evil and hot Elves, the one he has been masturbation furiously over for the past year.

Tyranids - Big Monster Bugs.

Tau - Big Mechs, Gundam style.

All of the above are easily identifiable for younger customers because we have all seem equivalents in modern media and stories and thus the customer will be much easier persuaded. And yes, I specifically said young because GW has actively moved their efforts to bring those in.

Now look at the two armies that are not being sold at the store:

Inquisition - Well, a 12yo will not necessarily know what the Inquisition is what these days I doubt many will know where this idea had its roots and why they are essentially the evil guys as well. Inquisition is not a pleasant concept and a kid will not identify with it.

Sisters - Well, for starters, the main audience is male and males at younger ages have a problem with using anything female, be it avatars, characters or miniatures. Next, I doubt that many kids these days know that Ecclesiarchy comes from the latin 'ecclesia' and means church. Once you explain it to them, they will lose interest because religion is either evil or uncool. If they are strictly religious, they might even find it offensive (true story).

Hence, the only people interested in SoB miniatures would be those that already know about them. The market is limited and while a lot of existing players would start, those people are limited in numbers and as seen above, getting new people into it is not easy.

Thus, from a financial point of few, it might not be the best move to sell Sisters at the store given how it is unlikely that they attract new players and making plastic molds for a web-exclusive army might not bring the desired profit after those that wished from them have bought theirs.

Note that I am speaking about the general mass and this does not pertain to everyone.

Archived