hive fleet leviathan and why you should be excited

aura_enchanted

I wouldn't believe plastic sisters were in the work even if GW promised me there were, honest! I don't trust their promises. 'All codices will be updated in 6th edition before going to 7th,' my shiny metal butt.

Hell, I wouldn't believe it if I held the plastic box in my own hands.

You have a shiny metal butt?

MOAR SPESS MUREHNS has a reason though. Think about it. When a 12yo kid comes into the store and expresses his interest to start 40k, what armies will appeal to him and what will be beyond his graps?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand than they are more interested in there phone.

And more importantly, there mom saying (the good ones) "why dont you save some money and buy that later", in other words, we dont want to pay that much for some plastic stuff.

MOAR SPEZZMUHRINES MORE EXPANSUV.

Oh and GW cant put 1 and 1 together and assume that because no one is buying the old metal sisters no one is actually playing them. They havent figured out that most SoB players already have 50+ metal sisters. 

I wouldn't believe plastic sisters were in the work even if GW promised me there were, honest! I don't trust their promises. 'All codices will be updated in 6th edition before going to 7th,' my shiny metal butt.

A reference to Bender, a character on 'Futurama'.

A reference to Bender, a character on 'Futurama'.

I know - I just prefer to imagine that Knight of the Raven has a shiny metal butt.

I do. Here's a picture I took of me this morning;

gallery_70393_9750_4258.jpg

More seriously, it's no surprise sisters of battle don't appeal to male teenagers; all those I met saw girls either as cooties nightmares or as existing solely to fulfill their sick fantasies. As such, women entirely covered in armor, as opposed to witch elves with more hair than clothes? Ew man, I can't clop to this.

I do. Here's a picture I took of me this morning;

gallery_70393_9750_4258.jpg

More seriously, it's no surprise sisters of battle don't appeal to male teenagers; all those I met saw girls either as cooties nightmares or as existing solely to fulfill their sick fantasies. As such, women entirely covered in armor, as opposed to witch elves with more hair than clothes? Ew man, I can't clop to this.

And now that I'm emotionally repressed and an adult, they're wearing too much armor.

Well not really, but boob armor is as rediculous as futuristic WWI box tanks and space magic in a deadpan setting.

Yeah, boob armour does not make sense at all. What if the person has a C-cup but the armour was made for B? But I have come to accept it, I guess once you arrive that super humans riding wolves and the boss riding a sled carried by wolves you just accept everything else around you :D

The difference is that boob armor is sexualized, while absurd wolf-riding is heroically idealized. If the entire setting is sexualized, that's fine. If the entire setting is heroically idealized, that's fine. The problem comes in when these standards are applied unevenly.

This image sums it up:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-qs8uWNEBht4/To3ecl1fUII/AAAAAAAAALQ/rj8kRcX8ATY/s400/i-dont-have-any-exact-criteria-of-what.jpeg

If the entire setting is in one column, that's fine. Nobody will care. Ok, some people might care, but to a lot of us who debate this issue, it would be fine. The problem comes in when the men are in one column and the women are in another. That's just dumb and inconsistent, and insulting. It's one thing if your setting is full of lithe shirtless men and chain bikinis. It's something else if the men are walking around in semi-realistic heroic looking armor and the women have enormous metal brassieres.

I almost typed braziers, which would have been the first time in the history of mankind anyone ever wrote the wrong word and the sentence still (sort of...) made sense.

I wrote a whole blog post about it, back when I blogged. It's attracted some pretty hilarious comments in the years since I let that blog slide, but don't read them - that way lies madness.

That is typical when aimed at a male demographic. Males are being glorified so that players can indulgde is those fantasies and feel good about inserting themselves, and females are sexualized because men are horny being that like to appreciate nice female physique. Hell, look at the video games industry these days. People are having trouble to get female protagonists up and running because all those gits have problems with strong female characters they can't fap to...

That is typical when aimed at a male demographic. Males are being glorified so that players can indulgde is those fantasies and feel good about inserting themselves, and females are sexualized because men are horny being that like to appreciate nice female physique. Hell, look at the video games industry these days. People are having trouble to get female protagonists up and running because all those gits have problems with strong female characters they can't fap to...

Right. Fine. And if you really want to say "our product is aimed solely at men" just come out and say it.

Nothing's wrong with the existence of Hooters, but let's all stop pretending that we go there for the wings, ok? We (well, not me, but that's because I've never had the opportunity, not because I have a moral problem with it) go there because we enjoy having attractive women wait on us. And that's fine - they know what they're getting into, and they're paid pretty decently for their work (from what I've heard).

But honestly, I think that there is a growing community of gamers who don't fit into the typical boxes. They're gay, they're female, they're male but they have higher expectations when it comes to the consistency of the game world. And the companies that cater to them do well.

Anyway, we should probably stop. We're getting off topic, and the Inquisition is watching.

I am not saying it is right, I am just saying why they do it. You might complain, others enjoy it. Personally, I do not care but if pressed, I'd agree that most of it is distasteful. There is plenty of ways to show beauty without having to rely on cheap tricks.

Anyway, back on track!.. where ever is was :D

To be fair, dark elder with scout bits will look much cliser to AS than fantasy elves would.

There was a poster here (Crusade08 if I got it right) that did a great job of making a Sisters army with just scouts.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/265942-gc08-scoutsisters-themed-army/

I've had the privilege to see and play against them up close and personal at the Ultrameet 2013. Such a fun game happy.png

"....“men contrast with the faithful Adepta Sororitas who cross their path. Of especial note is Canoness Grace, a favourite character in Shield of Baal: Leviathan. In fact, this book gives some very revealing insights into her character and motivations”

Excerpt From: Dwarf, White. “White Dwarf Issue 42: 15 November 2014.”

"....“men contrast with the faithful Adepta Sororitas who cross their path. Of especial note is Canoness Grace, a favourite character in Shield of Baal: Leviathan. In fact, this book gives some very revealing insights into her character and motivations”

Do you think she's a special character? Like, with stats? eek.gif

lets hope so...

As I posted above- there is a lot they can do for sisters even without a model release- formations and a new character or two would be pretty easy and keep people interested in the army.

lets hope so...

As I posted above- there is a lot they can do for sisters even without a model release- formations and a new character or two would be pretty easy and keep people interested in the army.

Lets start with a Hardcover codex version? (iam stil using WD dex btw)

And because they have some paint color somewhere that looks like gold, they also could release Celestine gold.

Interesting discussion on sexualisation as a marketing tactic!

Personally I just like the sisters. An army of pyromaniac space nuns is great. I wish gw would not try to sexualise them.

Oh and boob armour does make sense!

Back on topic. Hope the sisters get some nice new releases!

Revealing insights, huh? Sounds hot msn-wink.gif

Okay, I'll stop now biggrin.png

To be honest, I will be happy when Sisters do not end up as a punching bag or damsels in distress to be rescued by big burly men. That would be a step in the right direction if nothing else.. Damn, I sound like a feminist now biggrin.png

Oh, and boob armour does not make sense. It is counter-productive. Female armour does need some minor differences when you consider the body type of females, but it does not need boobs. Have a look here: http://www.tor.com/blogs/2013/05/boob-plate-armor-would-kill-you

This is 40k Since when has Reason and Practicality been at the forefront of the setting?? :p

And lets be honest, a Power Armor Plated Corset is better than a Power Armor Chain Bikini that is more effective than terminator armor even though it covers 1% of what the latter does.

This is 40k Since when has Reason and Practicality been at the forefront of the setting?? tongue.png

And lets be honest, a Power Armor Plated Corset is better than a Power Armor Chain Bikini that is more effective than terminator armor even though it covers 1% of what the latter does.

I've already explained why "unreasonable and impractical that accentuates heroic elements" is completely different from "unreasonable and impractical that accentuates sexual elements." Pay attention!

BAH! I have! But my brain is currently fried due to coffee and a lack of sleep (read; None) due to WoWs new expansion! I can only store so much information and discuss!

Archived