hive fleet leviathan and why you should be excited

aura_enchanted

This is 40k Since when has Reason and Practicality been at the forefront of the setting?? tongue.png

And lets be honest, a Power Armor Plated Corset is better than a Power Armor Chain Bikini that is more effective than terminator armor even though it covers 1% of what the latter does.

While boob armor makes no sense, I appreciate that GW didn't really make it look that "sexy". If you wanted a fluff justification for it, you could always assume that the "decree passive" requires all those who fight for the ecclesiarchy to not only be female, but to visually embody it as well.

Boob armour is more than no armour....ey Mr Ork Mr Kroot?

Do note that GW SoBmodels do have better combat effectiv hair cuts, something most model makers do not take into account (if you want to get picky). To long hair actually gets in your view alot if you swing around with blades, i think thats the last thing you want when your live is on the line in 1 on 1 combat.

So, truth be told, I actually think that GW does a much better job of this than most game publishers. They're up there with Privateer (most of the ladies wear proper clothes, and while there are a few examples of absurdity, there are also a few beefcakey dudes) and Corvus Belli (everyone is absurd and semi-sexualized, so it's ok).

There are a couple of models in the Citadel line I could do without - I'm not sure how I feel about most of the Dark Elf/Eldar lines, for example. Then we have some spoilers, like the Sororitas repentia, who are half nekkid, but in a way that's more disturbing than sexy. And, as you mentioned, Sororitas have boob armor, which is dumb, but also have reasonable hair and boots rather than "combat heels." I hate combat heels. Overall, however, I think GW does a decent job. Not perfect, certainly worth of critique and improvement, but decent.

The biggest offenders in the industry are the 3rd party "giant boobs/butts of the week" kickstarters. Ugh.

I actually find GW to be one of the most grounded ones. There is little absurdity when it comes to the models themselves. Even the wolf riding guys look well proportioned and there is none of that Final Fantasy bullcrap where you have dudes with no armour and oversized swords. Within its universe, 40k makes the most sense of all. PP does have some OTT things but overall, they are okay. I am just not a fan of steampunk.

But when it comes to Raging Boners Heroins.. no, just no. I would rather have boob armour but otherwise sensible clothing all around than that. If I want hookers, I would rather take real ones.

I actually find GW to be one of the most grounded ones. There is little absurdity when it comes to the models themselves. Even the wolf riding guys look well proportioned and there is none of that Final Fantasy bullcrap where you have dudes with no armour and oversized swords. Within its universe, 40k makes the most sense of all. PP does have some OTT things but overall, they are okay. I am just not a fan of steampunk.

But when it comes to Raging Boners Heroins.. no, just no. I would rather have boob armour but otherwise sensible clothing all around than that. If I want hookers, I would rather take real ones.

I feel the same way. I mean, I'd rather also not boob armor, but I think it's fair to take GW in context and say "good start, you get a cookie (ie. my money) now do even better."

Posted · Hidden by Naminé, November 17, 2014 - Off-topic
Hidden by Naminé, November 17, 2014 - Off-topic

Typhus defeated two entire orders with nothing but a bunch of plague zombies and without firing a single shot when he busted out Thriller.

Survivors described the scene as 'the most terrifying horror in human history.'

Now I've got Thriller in my head...

Posted · Hidden by Naminé, November 17, 2014 - Off-topic
Hidden by Naminé, November 17, 2014 - Off-topic

Typhus defeated two entire orders with nothing but a bunch of plague zombies and without firing a single shot when he busted out Thriller.

Survivors described the scene as 'the most terrifying horror in human history.'

Now I've got Thriller in my head...

This is how I imagine it.

I sent an email asking about future release, I got this : 

Hey there David,

Thanks for writing in to us, although I don’t have great news for you.  While the Adepta Sororitas will no doubt get an update of their codex and miniatures at some point in the future, at this time we don’t know when this will be. However, please be aware that the details of future releases are a closely guarded secret at Games Workshop so new content may be in the works, but we don’t have any specific information yet.

Please keep the faith that they haven’t been forgotten about and their time will come one day!

Still cryptic, but the last sentence made me think. 

Okay guys I've been keeping an eye on this thread and it's beginning to veer wildly off-topic.

Please remember to remain on-topic or I will have to close the thread.

I sent an email asking about future release, I got this :

Hey there David,

Thanks for writing in to us, although I don’t have great news for you. While the Adepta Sororitas will no doubt get an update of their codex and miniatures at some point in the future, at this time we don’t know when this will be. However, please be aware that the details of future releases are a closely guarded secret at Games Workshop so new content may be in the works, but we don’t have any specific information yet.

Please keep the faith that they haven’t been forgotten about and their time will come one day!

Still cryptic, but the last sentence made me think.

No. That's what they always say in every email they send on the topic.

Admirable how SoB player can still stay faithful. It is basically a carrot-stick game. GW always hints 'it could happen the very next week.. Oh, it did not. Tough luck, ladies.'

Isn't it like...the Adepta Sororitas' thing to be faithful? :p 

As nobody seems to have commented on it yet, I thought you guys might appreciate some information from the Tempestus tie-in novella for the Shield of Baal campaign:

The story itself concerns the world of Lysios, a world which apparently counts the Sisters of Battle as its sole military force still loyal to the Imperium. Lysios has been without an Imperial Guard presence for some three thousand years and only has a few thousand Sororitas to act in its defence, with the only other presence being the personal guard of the planetary governor who have all gone AWOL along with their charge. The Sisters present on Lysios are from the Order of the Sacred Rose for a change.

To head into actual spoilers (Relevant to the Sororitas anyway):

• The Sororitas aren't a particularly major presence in most of the novella. They appear in the opening two chapters and then spend the remainder guarding a landing field while the Inquisitor and his Tempestus Scions do the bulk of the work until the very end.
  • The Inquisitor is accompanied by a Dialogus who essentially spends the novella acting as the voice of reason to his selfish ambition. She unsucessfully tries to convince him to call upon the Sororitas for support when things go horribly wrong or to offer them information he uncovers that could be vitally important in bringing down the rebellious factions. Not only does he deny both requests, it's heavily implied that he kills her off-screen and covers it up as an accident.
  • The author seemingly aims to bring a little bit of Cthuloid atmosphere into the novel by creating a cult which worships some great sea creature as "The Goddess of the Brine." It's mentioned that the Dialogus had heard lines from the cult's hymns in her dreams even while she was on Terra itself.
  • The Canoness who appears in the novella takes an immediate dislike to the Inquisitor, quickly sees through his personal motivations when they become apparent (Hoping to capture a previously undiscovered xenos specimen and return it to Terra for personal glory) and does her utmost to stop him taking it off-world on his return. They end up duelling with powerswords and she defeats him despite both being struck somewhere beneath her collarbone and the Inquisitor wearing a refractor field.
  • There's a flashback scene to another world some fifty years earlier where the current Canoness was stationed as a lowly Battle Sister. Said world was invaded by Tyranids and, just as Lysios, the Sisters stood alone. It isn't actually explained how that conflict came to an end, only that the world was invaded by millions of Tyranids and there were little more than rumors about what support they might receive.
  • That flashback accredits a single Lictor with killing a Canoness (Literally described as devouring her brain) and at least 19 Battle Sisters before it was brought down. Said Sisters are left floating in a sewer.
  • It's pretty safe to say every Battle Sister on Lysios is going to end up dead. They were already struggling to control the cult activity, as the planet itself is rather hellish in nature, and they're now facing a full-on Tyranid invasion from the sky with seemingly no prior warning or hope of back-up.

I wouldn't recommend Tempestus. It doesn't really treat the Sororitas all that badly compared to some things that have gone before, and always poses them as the voice of reason, but it does very little with them and ultimately tells a story that just isn't terribly interesting. It's exactly what I expected, but I only bought it in the first place to see how awful it would turn out to be.

Archived