Conquest has shipped!

Marshal Rohr

LOOK! I could totally be wrong but apparently its a flamer template. Maybe my Fatigue addled mind (still playing WoW, still have a wacky sleep schedule cuz of that) just made stuff up. But the thing I'm more than crazy% sure about having read is that its 3 templates.

You're correct in terms of it being a flamer template - however, I have a feeling its 3 shots per game, not each turn

So the Death Guard get another rad grenade. I was hoping for a big bad bioweapon, my boys are already capable of giving the enemy space cancer.

It does stack with the Rad grenades though, so you will be making enemy marines T: 2 which is pretty strong.

ultramarines get a gladius. +1str ap3, with rending and duelist's edge, ignores any saves that are caused by shields (combat, storm, breaching etc)

Shiny! I rather like that – fairly restrained, but gives a nice alternative to *yawn* paragon blade and shield. Having a decent AP with rending on top makes it a great give-all-comers-a-testing-fight weapon.

And with how the campaign character creator works, you can really have some nice options on making Legion Specific Characters that are unique to you.

...Might have to talk with Wolf_pack and the others in our campaign on if we could integrate these at some point. Would make it interesting and make them cringe less at the idea of, at some point, having to face Sigismund in CC :P

Im curious as to their direction with the 1st legion... fear test to every enemy unit in combat seems..

Weird?

they all go "BOOO" on the count of three..

Maybe I'm being optimistic, but I thought it was neat. It's the reputation and dread of the First Legion seizing the enemy as they finally engage in close combat with the purported masters of blade work.

I don't think of it like a Night Lords fear check, ie they are going to skin us if we're captured, but more like an overwhelming dread at facing the Primus Legio. If you haven't noticed, I want to believe that some emphasis will be placed on the Dark Angels status as the first legion. Not just a random number, but the first among the astartes.

So the Death Guard get another rad grenade. I was hoping for a big bad bioweapon, my boys are already capable of giving the enemy space cancer.

It does stack with the Rad grenades though, so you will be making enemy marines T: 2 which is pretty strong.

I know, it's just that I feel rad weapons are a bit "boring" when compared to the other nasties in the Death Guard arsenal.

IHF posted a quote from Garro over on 30k Heresy that has all the Legion Heretics >_> its on page 1tongue.png

*facepalm* Aye. I'm an idiot.

K, most everything looks pretty neat.... except the White Scars' relic. A bow? For real? I mean, I know we got swords and space magic, but... a bow?

I was hoping to see a guan dao or a nasty tulwar... maybe something exotic, like a three-section-staff....

Nope.

Got a bow.

It might be a bow but its pretty :cuss ing badass, imo. And kinda reinforces their Mongol theme since thats what they were all about. Not very subtle, but hey.

Skyfire, Interceptor, Precision Shots, Pinning and will always fire at full BS no matter what. I mean...Thats pretty amazing. Give that to a Preator whose BS 5 and give him a Master of Signal Lackey for BS6 and hey-o he will be bringing the pain. Also at AP2, the only thing that'll save you from it is Invulnerable saves and those are few and far between in 30k and not all of them are 3++! (unless you are of a specific legion :p)

Apparently the Iron Warriors relic is a Helmet?!? What?! and it shoots lazers? If only that was a raven guard thing. We'd have space sharks shooting lazers from their heads!

I don't care what kind of rules it has.

The Iron Warriors could have gotten a relic that causes an actual nuclear explosion to happen in game, but if meant my character had to mount a gigantic mortar on his back like Quasimodo, because "IRON WARRIORS=ARTILLERY", I would have been bummed too.

Le sigh. Ah well, one weird one out of all that ain't bad. Just sucks it has to happen to the one Legion that really needs some love.

Yeah. Well, a slight "meh" in the overall "great" that is Forgeworld is to be expected at some point.

Still hopeful for their full Legion Release, whenever that is. *crossesfingers* Please let them take Jetbikes as troops!

But what if its an arcotech gravitic-projection crossbow? 

In terms of the DA relic, Garro described it as conceptually similar to the Ark of the Covenant, powered with dark age of technology stuff no doubt - something found on Caliban perhaps?

Also, apparently the Iron Warriors thingy is a helmet...with lasers?

I still don't know about how I feel the IF relic giving Eternal Warrior and a 3+ invuln to Melta only...30-50 points for that doesn't seem worth it. That said, if it means that my Character can have Eternal Warrior, a general 3-5+ invulnerable save AND a 3+ invulnerable to melta save it could be ok. But with how little we see meltas in 30k already I'm dubious as to its worth...

Its also a Cloak.... Time to re-read BCK's cloak tutorial...

Yeah, i'm not impressed with what the IH got. We should have gotten super bionics. Instead we get a flamer version of a one of the most under whelming guns FW has produced. As for the generic relics, well I predict a massive surge of invisible moritats...

And I dont see the hate on the bow. The bow is a bad ass weapon. Imagine one built with future tech specifically for a super human with strength enhancing armor. No wonder its ap2. WS got all the love there.

The alpha Legion Mortitat Combo idea is pretty sickening.

Take the Generic Uber-Pistol and the Alpha Legion Uber-Pistol. Glue them onto the same guy who can shoot them till he misses and well....have a bucket handy to collect all those tears 'cuz thats a pain train right there.

From everything I've read, it is, in a word, glorious. Probably the best of the four released so far in terms of the overall package, and after everyone cried and moaned about it being "filler"

I was slightly disappointed that some of the relics (SoH, Blood Angels, Salamanders) are much better than others but I didn't buy this book just to get upgrades.

The whole campaign section is excellent and I thought the whole narrative and the way the Knight houses are written are both superb.

All hail Alan Bligh! Ave Imperator!!

I'm excited for it. Come on Royal Mail!

The Solar Auxilia list looks great, but FW boxed themselves into a corner with real life prices. Because of the unit sizes, etc only really serious 30K fans will be able to afford a full army. The bundles help, but I for see lots of counts as or just allied detachments. I'm hoping future Imperial Army lists expand the options so I can use the DKoK range I already have (Grenadier with Volkite conversion :D )

Archived