Conquest has shipped!

Marshal Rohr

I hope that FW actually lets the shattered legion forces with numbers big enough to represent things besides strike forces make a difference. It would be pretty cool. All the non-traditional loyalists and traitors have me chomping at the bit. Especially the traitor Ravens, because it would be cool to do the grey scheme with red gauntlets from the card game as Xeric slavers who joined Horus. 

Correct me if I am mistaken, but right now it sounds like Horus and Mortarion are the only two Primarchs moving towards Terra from Isstvan. Angron and Lorgar have gone to stop the Ultramarines as we saw in Betrayer. Kurze was sent away because Horus doesn't trust/can't control him or his Legion. Alpharius was always meant to operate independently as has been doing so. Magnus is in the Eye. And Perturabo and Fulgrim have gone on an adventure so dumb it can only make sense to Graham McNeill. 

Conquest is set in the north of the Imperium, so they're not actually moving directly towards Terra at the time of this book; quite the opposite. I think it's more expanding the nfluence of Horus in order to prepare for the scale of the war to come. FW are trying to change the old mindset that the Horus Heresy was a decapitation strike on Terra, so there will be no Terran related movements for a while I think.

Anyway, I love the links between IA 13 and this book! The Falchion there is 28th Armoured Assault Company, same company as the ex-Sons of Horus (now Black Legion ) Spartan in IA 13, that had honours from Mezoa etc. Love these little east eggs linking the 40ik to 30k fluff

the only real mention of the RG is either traitor or captured RG???

Yea, feeling the love FW

at this point, Im debating on either trying out the Fists or making a 30k Wolves army. 

WLK

Fissssssstssss. Build Fisssssssssstssssss. 

What a surprise you'd push for a Fist attempt.

The main draw of doing a Fist force is the rules (i like them alot) and the face the majority of my HH models are mk6. I dont believe any of the loyalists outside of the Fists or Raven Guard have them in any real numbers.

I have a odd disposition to play any of the traitors, and a solid dislike of the Iron Hands. The RG are my second love but I feel as if the presented rules for them so far do them a massive disservice. So for loyalists with actual rules, my options are rather limited. I've been a fan of the salamanders for years, but not enough to start an HH army and my inner nerd wont allow me to build them with the mk6 bodies I've spent too much time scrounging. 

WLK

I mean....Technically the Alpha Legion had the Mk VI Corvus-Alpha pattern armor that they "Made themselves".... So thats always an option.

I couldnt play the AL. 

Their a bit ridiculous to me in the setting, and also traitors.

but the more I think of the Salamanders, the more I have the urge to burninate something

WLK

Personally even with all this I think I might take a Space Wolf Force now. The Thousand Sons require way too much reworking for me to do with my skill, not until models are released, and at least with the Space Wolves it's an army I've wanted to do for ages and can play using Codex: Space Wolves.

Plus, I like the sound of the super claws on a Terminator, of either kind. Heck, Capatchii would make for interesting Terminator Wolf Guard stand ins.

Personally even with all this I think I might take a Space Wolf Force now. The Thousand Sons require way too much reworking for me to do with my skill, not until models are released, and at least with the Space Wolves it's an army I've wanted to do for ages and can play using Codex: Space Wolves.

Plus, I like the sound of the super claws on a Terminator, of either kind. Heck, Capatchii would make for interesting Terminator Wolf Guard stand ins.

My main 40k army is a 10k+ Wolf army, and it will be a while for the Wolves to be released. I dont want to start on a project that will require re-work.

I love the Wolves in the Heresy as well, and KNOW i will be building them when the come out. 

WLK

My main 40k army is a 10k+ Wolf army, and it will be a while for the Wolves to be released. I dont want to start on a project that will require re-work.

I love the Wolves in the Heresy as well, and KNOW i will be building them when the come out. 

WLK

Well it's all still in the planning stages right now for me, so who knows.For all I know, Prospero could be... well, previewed as of July/August Next year.

Yea, feeling the love FW.

at this point, Im debating on either trying out the Fists or making a 30k Wolves army.

WLK

But this book is set in the aftermath of the drop site massacre. Even before Deliverance Lost was birthed from the warps a-hole the Raven Guard went into isolation on Deliverance for a bit, to re organise and rebuild. As the setting moves foward I expect to to see them pop up more.

This book isn't about Horus march on terra, it's about him preparing to. So his SoH and the DG are the ones in the center of it, trying to bring the dark compliance on systems to increase their auxiliaries and war materials. This is pre Angles Exterminatus, so Perturabo is smashing the Imperial Fist forces, braking their backs. Similiar Kurze, Alpharius, and Lorgar and Angron are off to do the same, brake the loyalist forces that could potentially Attack the flanks of the traitors main force.

Going back to the RG, Horus thought they were beaten, so they are left to attack his flanks, but that's going to be in the future. It's a long war, give them time. Also it's about leadership. The Iron Hands are throwing themselves into a suicide war, accept when they are led by people like Mor, who can lrragnise them. The Salamanders are joining shattered warbands, accept where there is a strong captain who can lead a large group of them. The Raven Guard flocked (pun intended) to corax on Isstvan V, as he was a strong leader. The possible rebel RG were serving with the Vengful Spirit, so strong leadership. Non of the loyalist actions on the book is coordinated with Terra, the Loyalists are scattered, but are fighting on.

My RG will be led by a Terran captain who survived the Dropsite independently of the Legion, and has a small selection of shattered and Blackshields. He is operating inderpendantly of Corax although there is some contact, Corax basically doesn't trust all the elements of his force. I think that Conquest really enforces ideas like this.

Also this is all written form a perspective, basically it tells us what Dorn knows from Terra.

Yea, feeling the love FW.

WLK

But this book is set in the aftermath of the drop site massacre. Even before Deliverance Lost was birthed from the warps a-hole the Raven Guard went into isolation on Deliverance for a bit, to re organise and rebuild. As the setting moves foward I expect to to see them pop up more.

This book isn't about Horus march on terra, it's about him preparing to. So his SoH and the DG are the ones in the center of it, trying to bring the dark compliance on systems to increase their auxiliaries and war materials. This is pre Angles Exterminatus, so Perturabo is smashing the Imperial Fist forces, braking their backs. Similiar Kurze, Alpharius, and Lorgar and Angron are off to do the same, brake the loyalist forces that could potentially Attack the flanks of the traitors main force.

Going back to the RG, Horus thought they were beaten, so they are left to attack his flanks, but that's going to be in the future. It's a long war, give them time. Also it's about leadership. The Iron Hands are throwing themselves into a suicide war, accept when they are led by people like Mor, who can lrragnise them. The Salamanders are joining shattered warbands, accept where there is a strong captain who can lead a large group of them. The Raven Guard flocked (pun intended) to corax on Isstvan V, as he was a strong leader. The possible rebel RG were serving with the Vengful Spirit, so strong leadership. Non of the loyalist actions on the book is coordinated with Terra, the Loyalists are scattered, but are fighting on.

My RG will be led by a Terran captain who survived the Dropsite independently of the Legion, and has a small selection of shattered and Blackshields. He is operating inderpendantly of Corax although there is some contact, Corax basically doesn't trust all the elements of his force. I think that Conquest really enforces ideas like this.

Also this is all written form a perspective, basically it tells us what Dorn knows from Terra.

... You know what? That's something I've never really explored in my armies. My Chaos? All around what I liked. My prevbious attempts? Vaguely that, or a certain force. 

Daemon2027, thanks. You've helped me decide what I'm going to do for my Horus Heresy force. I'm going to go for a force that is based around a story, let that guide it. Traitor or Loyalist. A story about a commander leading a scattered force, traitor (an Emperor's Children Commander who might be trying to exert personal control over his force, perhaps) or loyalist (of men replacing flesh with iron to fight on, or simply buckling down and fighting despite their losses, regardless of what their Primarch thinks or what side he's on)

That is what this book is to me. Its moving past legions, into smaller mixed armies. Slowly, the rules aren't there yet, but the back ground id.

I have seen mention of the Dark Mechanicus, and they have a special character (the one there is a model for) but that's all i have seen so far.

Loving how the lines between loyalist and traitor have become blurred, with basically every Legion contributing to both factions.

Plus that EC Death Eagles precursor presents an awesome opportunity to have an allied EC & IH force - just like old times

Shattered Legions are becoming more and more interesting

And people wonder why they lost lol

I especially like the part where Horus sends the NLs to die at the hands of the DAs :D Emperor only knows the only thing that can stop Dark Angels are more Dark Angels...good thing that'll never happen. Right guys? Right?

I dunno, the Night Lords tied up the DA for what? Two of three years?

*didn't defeat them

*filthy xenos tech and it took how long?

come now brother let's not open this door and enjoy the conquest goodies, are the relics for characters or independant characters?

Archived