Conquest has shipped!

Marshal Rohr

Saw this in another thread, didn't want to derail it by posting there.

Book IV makes this a confirmation, it outlines the way things score and the army building methods. Unbound is not a thing, however this doesnt prevent friendly games playing however you like.

Can anyone expand on this?  We've had some back and forth on this forum on this subject, and I'd really like to hear the official ruling for how to bring 30k into 7th.

Do you know which if the three campaigns the Fists are fighting in?

I believe they were involved on the Manachean Commonwealth but I am yet to read that in detail.

So that solves the death eagles chapter :p any NL loyalists mentioned on the off chance?

No, but the Death Eagles were the only named Blackshields that I have seen so far.

I just skimmed the campaign background, there is details in there for Slamander and Raven Guard Forces, so there is more info on them in there. Same for the Death Guard, Sons of Horus, Iron Hands, and I guess Imperial Fists. Will provide details when I read it.

Any chance of getting scans of the variant paint scheme for Death Guard and Sons of Horus? I want to see what they received... Kinda miffed that we never got them in the prior books. Also, the Black Shields, is this what they're referring to when mentioning Dusk Raiders?

I haven't read the Death Guard campaign background so,I don't know but very possibly. I can maybe take some pics, haven't got a scanner.

Bad news (or good depending on your outlook) on the Raven Guard detailed in the campaign, it's part of a void battle, and they are either captured ships or more probally, traitor Ravens, working with the Sons of Horus.

Sorry for the quality, best I could do.

Solar Auxiliar

15226982553_b97ea27787.jpg

15659122838_4178a84f86.jpg

Salamanders

15846660075_a98ec86dd5.jpg

15820816776_1a1bf3eb1a.jpg

Iron Hands

15846670215_6bcb6e4399.jpg

15660689679_ec51b34b37.jpg

Imperial Fists

15846676135_c74c52f5f8.jpg

15659313240_2655dc5f26.jpg

Death Guard

15660686249_61c4cd5382.jpg

15660897317_3ef319b188.jpg

15844681821_047768281b.jpg

Sons of Horus

15660681109_c9b0558086.jpg

15846695315_e04c37162f.jpg

15660671529_819888d4f5.jpg

15846067522_3b4ba6b752.jpg

I would also like to say that there is some detail of a certain green xeno race, I won't provide details openly, but if wanted pm me, it's not much but interesting and IMO good to acknowledge. I have been personally considering the actions of the broken xenos, and how they may try to take advantage of the civil war

No worries dude.

I want to say that there isn't really details on the workings of the shattered legions in massive detail, or not that I have seen, so don't think that the Raven Guard or Slamanders have been stiffed. I think the background on the Iron Hands, the Blackshields,and the little we are given on the XVIIIth and XIXth gives enough to build are own background on shattered legions.

My main Astartes focus will remain on the XIXth, but man they will not be alone, there will black shields, Salamanders, Iron Hands, amd they are just an elite force beCuse around them swarms the So,ar Auxiliar and the mystics of the Mechanichus. The Civil War is brother vs brother, but the blood that flows is human.

in fairness I have had orders with FW before where it has stated Acknowledged and nothing else but I have received the shipment anyway  In fact I have one that was from about two years back that STILL says acknowledged but arrived just the same.  Just you know.... to make it even less certain for you..... and leave you hanging more.... damn I really intended that to be an upbeat "you never know it might be winging its way to you" now statement. 

So that solves the death eagles chapter tongue.png any NL loyalists mentioned on the off chance?

There is one small passage that I've seen in the small sidebar that talks of the "Sundered and the Black" :

...persistent stories and evidence long since suppressed of midnight clad warriors in defaced Night lords Heraldry savagely attacking Traitor forces at the liberation of Estaban III...

also in the same passage (Sorry sons of Russ msn-wink.gif ):

Likewise also should be considered the long denied evidence of a Great Company of the Space Wolves legion bearing the symbol of the Serpents Eye slaughtering millions at neo Cadiz in 008.M31....

As for the Black Shields there is a clear reference to them fighting on the Loyalist side but also suggestions that Black liveried legionaries were fielded by the traitor marines - possibly raised from the gene seed of the dead of istavaan.

now unless ive missed something I cant see any rule sets for using either shattered legions or these black shield marines, a little disappointing as I kinda thought that was one of the aims of the book (a sub purpose no doubt as clearly the focus was knights and Solar Auxilia but still). (Damnit just seen Deamons post - got there before me lol)

That being said there are no circumstances under which I would advise not buying this book, the fluff content is phenomenal and the campaign system and knights army list probably make it worth it on their own.

Also on the rules bits and pieces, NO DAEMONOLOGY at all. It's the core psychic disciplines only. Of course friendly games can be customised however anyone wants but in the main, 6th ed rules are the way things are going

Also on the rules bits and pieces, NO DAEMONOLOGY at all. It's the core psychic disciplines only. Of course friendly games can be customised however anyone wants but in the main, 6th ed rules are the way things are going

I'm mildly surprised, but only so far as it is no daemonology AT ALL.  I'd expected Word Bearers to get access to it in some form or another, but I guess not.

Correct me if I am mistaken, but right now it sounds like Horus and Mortarion are the only two Primarchs moving towards Terra from Isstvan. Angron and Lorgar have gone to stop the Ultramarines as we saw in Betrayer. Kurze was sent away because Horus doesn't trust/can't control him or his Legion. Alpharius was always meant to operate independently as has been doing so. Magnus is in the Eye. And Perturabo and Fulgrim have gone on an adventure so dumb it can only make sense to Graham McNeill. 

Archived