The NEW "What will 2014 Bring?" thread

Xenith

Well… this could be explained by sanguinary high priests coming back (but Cobs is still the Elite kind of priest), but Lemartes… uh… no, I got nothing. We know from Deathstorm that death company is still Troops. Mistake, maybe?

I was thinking it might be a return to High Priests but Corbulo is the highest ranking Sanguinary Priest isn't he?

Who knows lemartes used to be the highest ranked Chaplin till Gw retconed it and added Astorath.

Really they could have done anything. Maybe they know we are sitting here at our keyboards hanging off every tiny scrap of information and have decided to troll us!

Egads...what a day. I go to the LGS with my tyrannid playing friend to pick up our box of deathstorm. Tyrannid playing LGS store owner offers to split a second deathstorm box with me. How can I refuse? I spy two Baal Predators. How can I refuse? I see another furioso dreadnought. Of course I need another dreadnought. How can I refuse? Pre-orders are up? How can I refuse a codex, painting guide, dice tin, data cards, two sanguinary priests and a tactical box?

HOW CAN I REFUSE?!

Can anyone tell me where in our fluff it mentions our teeth going like that?

“Those youths who are accepted as Aspirants are taken to the Blood Angels’ fortress monastery on Baal itself. There they see great wonders and look for the first time on the unmasked faces of their future Brother Marines, and possibly note with some consternation their sharp eye-teeth and sleekly beautiful features.”

Egads...what a day. I go to the LGS with my tyrannid playing friend to pick up our box of deathstorm. Tyrannid playing LGS store owner offers to split a second deathstorm box with me. How can I refuse? I spy two Baal Predators. How can I refuse? I see another furioso dreadnought. Of course I need another dreadnought. How can I refuse? Pre-orders are up? How can I refuse a codex, painting guide, dice tin, data cards, two sanguinary priests and a tactical box?

HOW CAN I REFUSE?!

Sanguinius bless you

All Astartes have nasty bites - only the Blood Angels have fangs. I read a fan theory at some point that suggests that except for the Black Rage and the Red Thirst, Blood Angels actually have the purest geneseed - they have an organ that other Marines lack (the fangs) and seem to be biologically immortal (at least until their chronic neurological conditions drive them insane).

Same here.  Got all my goodies pre ordered today including the Sang Guard edition.  Might have to order some FW terminator pads to spruce up the terminators in the Deathstorm box...

I just had a look at the pdf TheHarrower put together, gent that he is, and there's a regular TDA unit jazzed up with the new bits from the upcoming Termy unit. In fact, I may now actually spring for the box set now with the intention of building the same cool looking unit. 

Christmas really did come early for us!

Does look cool, but I'd really like to go back to Librarians having helmets.

Me too, and no dresses or aprons.

Terminator librarians never had helmets though. Come to think of it, other then the TDA chaplain no TDA character had a helmet.

That's why I have two Librarian Kitbashes, one in PA with optional JP and one in TDA. Both have some GK bits.

At least some characters come with two heads one with helmet and one without. That should be standard.

Just a heads up for those who like to save their cash so they can spend it on more plastic crack - check out the prices here: £24 new dex, £16 DC and new tacs..and the rest

http://elementgames.co.uk/games-workshop/warhammer-40k/blood-angels

No I'm not affiliated with them in any way, just bought from them a few times and found them quicker than any other site I've used, plus no p&p charges either.

Just trying to save my brethren a few bob smile.png

Good prices, but unfortunately no option to get free shipping to Germany. I will have to compare prices with wayland.

All Astartes have nasty bites - only the Blood Angels have fangs. I read a fan theory at some point that suggests that except for the Black Rage and the Red Thirst, Blood Angels actually have the purest geneseed - they have an organ that other Marines lack (the fangs) and seem to be biologically immortal (at least until their chronic neurological conditions drive them insane).

That is an interesting theory.

As a side note - I see proliferation of terminators in all photos - what could that mean? I have no possibility to campare but where there also so many terminators in pictures everywhere during release of other marines codices ? Also according to fluff we should have many dreadnoudghts (41 to be exact - as in Battle of Iron) almost half of company worth! :-). Does mention in magna grapple entry may suggest squads od dreadnoughts? (or maybe up to 3 dreads per one elite slot + something in HQ - Astramael? ;-) ). What are your thoughts?

Does look cool, but I'd really like to go back to Librarians having helmets.

Me too, and no dresses or aprons.

Terminator librarians never had helmets though. Come to think of it, other then the TDA chaplain no TDA character had a helmet.

That's why I have two Librarian Kitbashes, one in PA with optional JP and one in TDA. Both have some GK bits.

At least some characters come with two heads one with helmet and one without. That should be standard.

Just a heads up for those who like to save their cash so they can spend it on more plastic crack - check out the prices here: £24 new dex, £16 DC and new tacs..and the rest

http://elementgames.co.uk/games-workshop/warhammer-40k/blood-angels

No I'm not affiliated with them in any way, just bought from them a few times and found them quicker than any other site I've used, plus no p&p charges either.

Just trying to save my brethren a few bob smile.png

Good prices, but unfortunately no option to get free shipping to Germany. I will have to compare prices with wayland.

That is an interesting theory.

Dude, try Kutami. It's not free shipping unless you buy stuff worth 100 €, but they give 20% off everything! Except for animal food. Ha - kidding. Except for books, because in Germany you're not allowed to get around some taxes on books IIRC.

Don't know when the pre-orders will be up, though.

Snorri

Good grief. I sleep for 9 hours and this place explodes. Still, much obliged for all of the information. Definitely won't be buying the SG edition. My biggest question is: should I wait for the BA datacards to make it to my game store or pre-order them right now.

In the other codexes, the data cards have sold out quickly. Those not pre-ordering were buying on ebay for 3x the price. If you want them, my suggestion is to preorder cards either through FLGS or website.

Just opened up my deathstorm box, and don't know if been noted before. But Karlaen's warlord trait is both +1 to seize the initiative AND more importantly, re-roll any reserve roll. Passed or failed. That's pretty damm useful I would say!

It's one of the standard warlord traits from the 40k BRB. He just comes with it standard instead of rolling on the table. I agree, very useful. The best part is that you can plan a list around it since you're assured to have it, as opposed to rolling and hoping you get it.

Archived