The NEW "What will 2014 Bring?" thread

Xenith

looks cool with a helmet! style matches one of the ones from the sanguinary guard set too, so easy to replicate :) I wish that text was clear enough for me to read though...

As soon as I saw it I knew I was going to put a helmet on - and swap the chalice for a gun :)

Would rather it have been Corbs sad.png we may end up with another Lemartes/Astorath situation. Still, new fluff ahoy smile.png

If its a new special character, I hope he's from a different chapter to avoid the Lemartes/Astorath situation again.

looks cool with a helmet! style matches one of the ones from the sanguinary guard set too, so easy to replicate smile.png I wish that text was clear enough for me to read though...

As soon as I saw it I knew I was going to put a helmet on - and swap the chalice for a gun smile.png

I'll probably keep the chalice, but I am thinking Sanguinary Guard helmet.

Is it just me or does anyone else not sanguinary priest face it just looks not right I guess. Thankfully I can use any head I want for it I'm thinking either a mark 3 or mark 4 head from forgeworld. Do you think they might give the priest new rules for the chainsword maybe something like corbulos or something. Also I think it was a page back but the new tactical squad comes with combi weapon.

I saw a screenshot of a page in the Codex Blood Angel painting guide for a character called Donatos Aphael, who is Second Company's Captain. I hadn't heard of him before (but I'm not a BA expert laugh.png ). There wasn't a profile for him, just background. Quite cool though smile.png

Edit: wrong book! blink.png

Hmm. Maybe the new Sanguinary Priest is a Special Character after all...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-vdiKy12mk1U/VIR5QzKZkxI/AAAAAAAABT8/ixJglka9lf8/s1600/10802039_300676310123144_4272973341133608718_n.jpg

Oh great, my wallet had just convinced me that I don't need him!

Well, my BA splurge has begun. I ordered the Deathstorm campaign supplement along with the mini-rulebook with the BA on the cover. Now I'm just waiting on those preorders. *sigh* If only there were more rumors to help time go faster.

Well, my BA splurge has begun. I ordered the Deathstorm campaign supplement along with the mini-rulebook with the BA on the cover. Now I'm just waiting on those preorders. *sigh* If only there were more rumors to help time go faster.

I know exactly what you mean...

You know, the problem with this new sanguinary priest is that he's insufficiently different from Corbs... which means that for me, someone who has been waiting to buy all the BA characters (except the ones I like anyway) until they get new sculpts, there will never be a reason to by Corbulo. If I want to, I'll run this guy as Corbs. If I don't, I'll run him as a normal sanguinary priest. 

He certainly is fancy enough for either. If I could afford him, I would probably use him as a sanguinary priest, but give him a cool backstory and turn him into my successor chapter's first high priest.

He certainly is fancy enough for either. If I could afford him, I would probably use him as a sanguinary priest, but give him a cool backstory and turn him into my successor chapter's first high priest.

That's my plan as well, though I might run him using Corbulo's rules sometimes, depending on what those end up being.

You know, the problem with this new sanguinary priest is that he's insufficiently different from Corbs... which means that for me, someone who has been waiting to buy all the BA characters (except the ones I like anyway) until they get new sculpts, there will never be a reason to by Corbulo. If I want to, I'll run this guy as Corbs. If I don't, I'll run him as a normal sanguinary priest.

I hear you. I have no idea why this isn't Corbulo. Makes no sense to me. They were obviously inspired by him.

Another thing I'm wondering about...

So, looking at the preview of the data cards from White Dwarf, we can see two things:

1. A Primaris power for the Sanguinary Discipline.
  2. A Blood Angels Tactical Objective card.

What interests me about these two is that both of them are or can be related to challenges. The power, Quickening, gives a bonus to a nearby character, and the TOC grants a victory point if the Blood Angels player has issued a challenge this turn.

This leads me to wonder if the Blood Angels will get any more mechanics related to challenges? It seems appropriate; personal heroism, Blood Angels champions boldly challenging enemy leaders to single combat. With the names of some of TOCs revealed - things like Purity Through Bloodshed and Noble Self-Sacrifice - I wonder if the Blood Angels might not even be able to gain victory points by losing challenges! This would take the idea of bold, aggressive marines who fight with the knowledge that they are already dying from their cursed gene-seed to a whole other level!

It's also interesting that nobody has yet noted that the White Dwarf spoils the name of several other powers in the Sanguinary Discipline. Although we don't know what they do yet, we do know that the Sanguinary Discipline will include powers called Unleash Rage and Wings of Sanguinius. The text in the White Dwarf refers to these as "iconic powers," which implies that they do more or less the same thing as their previous incarnations.

I guess nobody really is reading White Dwarf anymore... huh.png

Additionally, there's also some copy - I can't remember where I saw it - that describes the Blood Angels psychic powers as divided between their bestial and noble natures, with some powers that unleash their fury to destroy and others that harness their compassion to protect.

Let's look at what we know:

• We've got Quickening, a combat enhancement (and, I suspect, a stand-in for the old power Might of Heroes, which it resembles)
  • We'll have Unleash Rage, also a combat enhancement (though there's no guarantee that it will behave similarly to the old version).
  • We'll have Wings of Sanguinius, a movement power.

So, if the copy I referred to above - and I can't find it, so take it with a grain of salt - is accurate, I expect that the remaining four powers will include at least two or three defensive/healing powers (the noble aspect) and another one or two offensive powers (continuing to represent the bestial rage-filled aspect).

My current guesses...

• We will see a return of Shield of Sanguinius (perhaps with radically new rules and a new name) and at least one new beneficent power, perhaps something that restores lost Wounds or improves morale or something.
  • We will see at least one, maybe two, shooting attack style powers. I think Blood Lance (again, probably with a new name) is the most likely, since Smite is now a Biomancy power and Blood Boil strongly resembles Hemorrhage.
  • That leaves the question of whether or not we will keep the third theme in the old Blood Angels psychic powers, the fear/horror angle. Will we see a return of power(s) that resemble Fear of the Darkness and Shackle Soul? No idea...

I wonder if they might not say:

"Mephi's powers are- WoS, unleash rage, and (a big, shwiety sword one) he does not roll for his powers. "

Obvs longing for the good ol' days... But it could happen!?

Don't forget that if all his powers come from the Sanguinary Discipline, he gets Quickening for free!

I'm hoping Wings is only WC 1. Depending on what Unleash Rage does it is probably only WC 1 (say if it only gave the Rage USR), but could be 2, if potent enough (Rage + extra Attack + Rending).

I can remember 3 of the older powers off the top of my head. Blood Lance, the Fear power, and the Shield (my libby dread's fav).

Archived