The NEW "What will 2014 Bring?" thread

Xenith

Changing to 32" bases will be a minor pain but especially with my Sanguinary Guard it will be a godsend. Those guys were always falling over.

32" bases a minor pain?! I'd hate to see what you think is a major one! :p

Minor only because I have a mere 10 models fully painted and only another 10 assembled but unpainted!

What do people think of the dual terminator rumor?

Terminator honor guard sounds interesting and death company terminators...

(Yes I agree it breaks fluff but I will still use them)

I remember this rumored last year. Could there be another pic that looks like a DC terminator, but is a Blood Drinker?

Edit: In July, new terminators were rumored to be "sanguinary."

I can see the base size offering some benefits, but I don't think it will so much as to force a massive amount of players into breaking models off bases they're already fastened to.

I've got both hands fingers crossed about the rumored TDA kit. But I am a terminator fanatic. I have a problem.

I personally like the idea of a Death Company terminator and can find a few ways it can fit into the fluff. Plus I love re-imagining the classic 'Termicide' unit into one with marines actually bent on death for not only the enemy, but themselves. Too cool.

I have not based a single BA marine I own, so I am excited to pick up some of the new base sizes and really put this army together!!

I also hope we remain able to combat squad, as I can personally see some real benefits to running a transport and loads of flamer weapons.

End of Line

via an anonymous source on Faeit 212

Here is some information on the primaris power for you. Its called Quickening. Its a blessing that effects either the psyker or another character within 12". The target gains fleet, d3 initiative and attacks. Roll once and apply both the result to both initiative and attacks.

Warp Charge 1

This is such an odd choice. I'd much rather Warp Speed. I hope all of our powers aren't lesser versions of what got converted to the rule book.

In fairness if the +d3 is added after unwieldy... it'd be kinda cool

If I remember correctly the rule for unwieldy reads something like.... A model using a weapon with the unwieldy special rule piles in and strikes at initiative 1 unless a walker/mc. So adding to the players I would not help remove the rule so it would always be I1

via an anonymous source on Faeit 212

Here is some information on the primaris power for you. Its called Quickening. Its a blessing that effects either the psyker or another character within 12". The target gains fleet, d3 initiative and attacks. Roll once and apply both the result to both initiative and attacks.

Warp Charge 1

This is such an odd choice. I'd much rather Warp Speed. I hope all of our powers aren't lesser versions of what got converted to the rule book.

As a fighty primaris however it's far better than 'smite'.

As for Death Company terminators... maybe it is not change in fluff but progression? Let us assume than more brothers than Mephiston and Lemartes are able to hold Black Rage (and/or Blood Rage) in check. Then sending those brothers to battle in terminor armour would make sense as their battle prowes is much higher than regular marine, and they could achieve goals not possible to make by any one else. Think of them as of Lemartes lite ;-) (two wounds losing one wound triggers something insane - higher initiative, strength, maybe beter feel no pain roll? - it would make enyone sweat when this unit lands nearby - and it should ;-) ).Just my 2c.

Archived