The NEW "What will 2014 Bring?" thread

Xenith

it's not weaker mate, you get it every time and you can cast it on someone else. it's an AMAZING buff power. It's extra freakin super sweet on libby dreads. even at just +1 ini and attack with fleet means it'll womp any other walker without retaliation, it'll even give knights a run for their money. heck a third of the time you'll be attacking before gene stealers!

I give you the cover:

gallery_60983_8363_260897.jpg

it's not weaker mate, you get it every time and you can cast it on someone else. it's an AMAZING buff power. It's extra freakin super sweet on libby dreads. even at just +1 ini and attack with fleet means it'll womp any other walker without retaliation, it'll even give knights a run for their money

My thoughts exactly. Furioso dreadnought with the Primaris will be devastating. It's also incredibly potent for use on melee mobs; i.e. Death Company, Assault Squads and hell, even CC Scouts.

Argh, this week will be so crazy with the constant stream of leaks and rumors!

Los pelos como escarpias! (Google tells me this translates as "white knuckle ride", hadn't heard it before smile.png)

Edit: Current primaris rumor states it affects wither the librarian or a target character. Can't be used on units, rumor says.

it's not weaker mate, you get it every time and you can cast it on someone else. it's an AMAZING buff power. It's extra freakin super sweet on libby dreads. even at just +1 ini and attack with fleet means it'll womp any other walker without retaliation, it'll even give knights a run for their money. heck a third of the time you'll be attacking before gene stealers!

It depends on how they price libby dreads, they are currently way overcosted. Mephiston might automatically get wings, if so then the primaris is fine, if not Biomancy will still be better most likely. Really looking forward to getting the new codex! :)

Just had an interesting thought!

Our last codex had powers we could pick and choose as we liked! Which ment that our Libby Dreads did not get stuck with a power that they had no use for. With the new powers being allocated randomly I wonder if GW have put in a system to reroll unuseable powers or perhaps they will have set powers.

Or perhaps they have not thought about it at all since we are one of the only codex with Libby dreads......

Cant wait to get stuck in to the finer details of this codex and really flesh out how its going to work! Its gonna be a great week next week as details spill!

Loving the cover as well. Looks like a vanguard vet to me LutherMax.

Also a note on the Deathstorm box that I have on pre-order... I'm assuming/hoping that the DC dread will come with the libby parts as well as already owning two DC dreads an no libby I know what I really would prefer. If not then I have most of the parts to kitbash anyway, but still would be nice...

With the new powers being allocated randomly I wonder if GW have put in a system to reroll unuseable powers or perhaps they will have set powers.

Or perhaps they have not thought about it at all since we are one of the only codex with Libby dreads.

Obviously you'll have been mind-scrubbed after every encounter, but Grey Knights have psyker Dreadnoughts. They got fixed powers.

Eldar have a psyker flyer. Again, it got a fixed power.

Also a note on the Deathstorm box that I have on pre-order... I'm assuming/hoping that the DC dread will come with the libby parts as well as already owning two DC dreads an no libby I know what I really would prefer. If not then I have most of the parts to kitbash anyway, but still would be nice...

I think I remember reading that all the kits in the box are the full kits with all options.

The dread will come with all parts you get with the separate kit.

I actually hope that is not the Codex cover. Only because the Chapter badge is on the wrong side. The Blood Angels right shoulder pad should be a skull if hes from the 1st company or Honour Guard. It's pretty lazy if they have got this wrong.

The eye should be on the left – so yes I think the original is flipped and this new one is the right way around biggrin.png

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120329090509/warhammer40k/images/2/29/Aquila.jpg

You certainly have eagle eyes Midnight Runner (pun intended)

The Honor Guard painting in the 5th Edition codex (with the priest holding up a chalice in the background) should have been the cover.  Whoever drew the piece of :cuss that ended up on the cover has no business inking or coloring anything.

http://images.wikia.com/warhammer40k/images/b/b1/Cruor_Angelus_by_MajesticChicken.jpg

Just throwing this out there mainly because I don't know/can't remember, but have there been any codices released recently where a new unit was added but the kit wasn't released until after the book dropped? I would have thought that if we're indeed getting Codex pre-orders this week, along with the release of the Tac box and Priest, wouldn't it be unusual to get get this dual Termi kit also, but after the book?

If there's no precedent before, does this make dual Termies more of an internet wish list than potential fact (not wanting to intentionally quash our enthusiasm of course)? They could do a WD rules release after I suppose, but would the unit still be in the book initially?

Archived