Drop Assault out

Kilofix

They are, yes. They let you know if your HQ has been defeated, survived or if you have lost an outpost. These are selectable and will tell you the relevant details of the event.

I got lucky enough to roll a +31% starting energy World Breaker epic relic... Since I no longer had any use for my techspirits, I switched to SoH (fits the relic!) and with the combined +41% energy I now begin battles at 71, just enough for the Titan... I'm in only 'till I get trough the 8th prime objective I think, because it's gotten old quite a while ago...

What did people beat the second prime objective with? I'm running six Terminators and six Jetbikes and whilst I can handle the two Whirlwinds no problem, the end turrets are proving tricky.

Finally beat it with Two Jetbikes and one Terminator remaining. Now I need to start working out how to beat Beamer Defenses... Will have Dominate in 18 hours :dry.:

I got lucky enough to roll a +31% starting energy World Breaker epic relic... Since I no longer had any use for my techspirits, I switched to SoH (fits the relic!) and with the combined +41% energy I now begin battles at 71, just enough for the Titan... I'm in only 'till I get trough the 8th prime objective I think, because it's gotten old quite a while ago...

Lol, lucky!

Now go forth and reap.

I notice a few people are saying that resource yields are down for attacking enemy bases, but this morning I've had the opposite experience: one guy who I flattened gave up 1.6 million munitions and about 600k power. I Couldn't even store that amount of stuff. Anybody think it's possible that this massive payday was also the devs messing with the program for balance?

The problem is you used to be able to easily fill your ew edgy in a few raids.

Now you have to hunt around.

I have 6 enemies on my map and none of them have more than 60k of power to raid. When my upgrades are 500k plus they are not worth the time. I will get about 300k form them and by the time the enemy bases reappear I've been raised and I have lost most of it.

I think what also happened was that they patched Vaults. Previously the Vaults weren't "protecting" as much as they should have. Something to do with the way the % was calculated based on current resources instead of Max resources.

Edit - so it's harder to steal resources from folks with good vaults.

@Flint - btw, are you with Liberites or Traitoris?

I suppose that's probably meant to be the check for your progress after a certain level, similar to how credits work in World of Tanks.

After awhile, you can't really earn credits fast enough to keep your tanks repaired and equipped and pay for new tanks, so you have to either get scary good or buy them. Same thing here, looks like. 

You know, the last game I played of this type was Star Wars Commander. And that game's economy was so completely, utterly broken that I feel like I'm the richest monster trucker around in this game.

For the last two months I played that game, I could only gain resources at a loss. As in, the amount of resources it took to find an enemy who could provide enough loot to cover the cost of the army sent at it (which is used up upon fielding, not upon death) is usually more than the amount of resources it took to find that enemy. It got to the point where it would cost 20k to build an army for each attack, 1k to search for an enemy, and a general loot pool of 1-5k for each enemy found. Though if you spent 150k, you might have found an enemy with 30k loot! And since the particular resource that was so hard to find was the primary resource to do much of anything . . . 

So yeah, in comparison, Drop Assault makes me feel rich. Yeah, I'm not finding as much as I used to, but the resource needed to field an army is stupid easy to keep at the limits of your storage, and the resource that is hard to find still only means an extra small handful of enemies to get enough for an upgrade. Imagine how much worse it would be if you were always finding less than 10k of Power for each enemy, you had to build a full army every time you attacked something, and it cost Power to build that army, do research, and build nearly every useful building there is. Oh, and your Power reactor thingies got a major nerf in production rates.

I'm playing the Star Wars commander at the same time as this, and I definitely see your point. The resource system in Star Wars is really tough. I'm pretty much not bothering to upgrade anything further with my troop buying resource because if I do I can't attack anyone.

Drop assault is much better in this regard. At least you get the little map screen gizmos that give you free Stuff every so often.

Finally getting back into after keeping busy with work and surviving the Dread Blizzard of 2015 that rocked Austin, Texas.

Definitely like the point cost increase on the titan. I obviously don't call on him first thing anymore and even starting with 62 energy I spend it on bloodlust and other things instead. This is also a good thing because I can now focus on bonus objectives instead of just sending in the titan and letting it do all the work.

Managing resources is a bit different. When my base gets ransacked in my sleep I wake up and destroy one or two enemy bases to restock to start upgrading and researching my buildings, troops, and tactics. Now it is nothing like that. I usually have to go through several bases to gain more supplies.

These are the two main differences I am experiencing and must say it has brought back a bit of a challenge to the game.

I'm at an empass right now.

I can't gain enough power quick enough to be able to afford the new upgrades.

I'm struggling to find 30k plus in power per base (most have 5 to 10k) and need over 250k for the upgrades I'm on (trying to save 1.3 million for stronghold upgrade)

However I have had a thought. Is power and supply store in uncollected drops lootable? If not I can store 900k in them.

I'm having the exact same issues spu00sed is.

I suppose everyone is building bangin' vaults b/c it's rare I find a base with more than maybe 4k in lootable power which makes the entire saving up for lvl 12 drop pod pads a real grind. Plus folks are getting hella good at PvP. It's rare I win more than 50% of my matches, so no help from rank leveling rewards either :(

Totally looking forward to acing the next Prime Objective though!

Most games of this model I have played/heard of tend to lean in the favor of wallet warriors the higher you get in the game. It gets increasingly difficult and time-consuming to upgrade, until or unless you purchase resources with real money to build and speed up.

Choosing not to do that just means it is going to take a lot longer, and be a lot harder, to reach the same point.

Most games of this model I have played/heard of tend to lean in the favor of wallet warriors the higher you get in the game. It gets increasingly difficult and time-consuming to upgrade, until or unless you purchase resources with real money to build and speed up.

Choosing not to do that just means it is going to take a lot longer, and be a lot harder, to reach the same point.

That's the whole plan, right? Give it to you free until you're hooked and then start charging you to get anywhere. You just need to get to a point where you can, "Right, I'm done".

I have to admit that I wouldn't mind throwing some money at this game to support the 40(30)k games on devices and computers. But I don't like that I can only buy machine spirit.

If I could trade it for power to get the last few thousand I need to upgrade I would get it. Rather than spending a lot to get the machine spirit I need to auto complete the project.

If you do not have enough power (or muntions) to start an upgrade or build, you can pay the difference in machine spirit (not sure what the conversion rate is).  So you only need to buy Machine Spirit.

Well, that's the thing, there usually is a purchase-only resource that can only be gained in-game rarely or difficultly. As far as most games of this type go, we actually get more in-game than others allow.

That is a bit of point for them, I was pretty surprised that they'll give you (typically small but...) little goal post things with machine spirit coins. Although I've been getting the tech shards a lot more often recently. 

That is a bit of point for them, I was pretty surprised that they'll give you (typically small but...) little goal post things with machine spirit coins. Although I've been getting the tech shards a lot more often recently. 

It's been a thing in more and more free to play games too, such as World of Tank's personal missions system. I'm not sure it's a good thing in the end since it's essentially trying to get more people hooked....

Archived