Drop Assault out

Kilofix

I'm at an empass right now.

I can't gain enough power quick enough to be able to afford the new upgrades.

I'm struggling to find 30k plus in power per base (most have 5 to 10k) and need over 250k for the upgrades I'm on (trying to save 1.3 million for stronghold upgrade)

However I have had a thought. Is power and supply store in uncollected drops lootable? If not I can store 900k in them.

Yep, the uncollected stuff is safe from raids. When I'm near my vault limit,  I start leaving it in the generators. 

I will say that I also have both bonuses to power generation & to power rewards, so that helps in the generation. 

Here's something else I do to try to identify players with more resources to steal:

1. If they show up on the Leaderboard

2. If during Recon you see a bunch of buildings being upgraded

3. If during Recon - you don't see a Vault

My tactic for that would be to fly a Raptor (or two) straight to the whirlie using beacon, all the while using dominate/haywire on it to stop it shooting me down. Looks like everything else there is lascannons, mortars or beamers, none of which can hit raptors. Once the whirlie is dead, you can pick off everything else at leisure.

I've done that setup! My force was:

3/4 Terminators

4 Jetbikes

5 Support

5 Support

Save your points for when you hit the back block, then use Haywires to keep them quiet.

Don't think I ever got a survivor bonus off of that map setup, but it was beatable. Don't have access to Raptors or Dominate yet.

It might depend on your relics. My force was set up that way because my Support health and Jetbike damage output were enhanced by about a third each. I just switched it out with a better relic, one that increases my power output by a third, but only gives the Support a damage increase. Keeping the Supports for now, but switching out my Jetbikes for another Terminator squad. It has a Predator health boost, so next level I will try them out.

... and splat.

I really don't know what the fuss is with Cataphractii in this game.

Also, has anyone else been getting pop ups lately/today?

Yep. a little annoying. 

For that powerbase, what level are the lascannons and Mortars in the back? 

I think my attempt would be to take out the Flanking lascannons/mortars ( they look close enough that a orbital strike dropped between them would hit both), Dominate the Beamer so that it shoots the central cluster mortars, then beacon my termis to the central lascannons (Ignore the two advance turrets, they're decoys). From there they should be either under minimum range or just weak, and then under minimum after they kill the lascannons. 

I.E: strike the bold, dominate the underlined. 

WW  BE

L   L L   L

M  MM  M

... and splat.

Yep. a little annoying. 

WW  BE

L   L L   L

M  MM  M

.. 3 . 2 ..

1 . 1.1 . 4

1. 2.2 . 4

What defences hard counter terminators?

Iv got three beakers, two whirlwinds and a hunter and the only thing that seems to be able to wade through all that fire power are terminators.

Ever turret seems to have a unit it can counter, but none have terminators, and they come with so many hit points that they just push through and kill.

What defences hard counter terminators?

Iv got three beakers, two whirlwinds and a hunter and the only thing that seems to be able to wade through all that fire power are terminators.

Ever turret seems to have a unit it can counter, but none have terminators, and they come with so many hit points that they just push through and kill.

Flamers and lascannons both do a really good job at it, but flamers more so. 

Hm, haven't really been threatened by Flamers. They're pretty easy to destroy, and only really hurt you if you accidentally allowed one of your fleshier units within reach.

Lascannons, though. An unsupported squad of Terminators caught in the crossfire of two or more can go down quick.

I'll usually send Supports after a Flamer, since they'll be out of reach, and Terminators after mortars, since they're inside the target zone. And just blitzkrieg with heals and EMPs if they're overlapping.

Found out how to get 1,000,000 power.

Step one save u for 36 hours to get 190,000

Step 2: get lucky and have an enemy with 200,000 power available to liberate (had to go through 20 bases of about 6,000 to find that one base)

Step 3: realise that level 34 plus enemy bases have 30 to 40k to liberate

Note have relic to improve raids

That plus 300 tech coins has gotten me my level 15 HQ upgrade

... and splat.

Yep. a little annoying. 

WW  BE

L   L L   L

M  MM  M

.. 3 . 2 ..

1 . 1.1 . 4

1. 2.2 . 4

Got it down in the end using this strategy as a basis. Cheers :)

Meanwhile, fourth objective is down and I have three Techmarines at last. I'm still terribad at PvP though...

Archived