The best Horus Heresy Anthology Novel

Operative

I'm thinking about purchasing an anthology novel for the first time as there are no fully fledged novels out that really interest me.

So my question is what is the best Horus heresy anthology novel?

P.S I'm interested in the iron warriors but are any of their stories a let down?

Well, we've had 9 anthologies so far (not counting "Angron"), and for me they're all (unsurprisingly) mixed, with some great stories, some weak ones, and some in between. All have got enjoyable stuff in them though, there aren't any I'd say "Don't bother" with.

The ones I've liked best so far have probably been Death and Defiance and The Imperial Truth. I didn't give any of the stories in those less than 7/10, and some (like The Devine Adoratrice, Gunsight and Lord of the Red Sands) were really good. Mark of Calth also stands out well for me because of it's focus, since all the stories connect to that one conflict, and the only one I actually disliked was Rob Sanders' "A Deeper Darkness". Everything else was solid, and if you enjoyed Know No Fear I'd say it's a must for the way it expands upon and follows up on the threads there.

Age of Darkness is probably another to look out for if you're after Iron Warriors, as it contains the excellent "The Iron Within", probably the single best IW story so far IMO.

The ones I've liked best so far have probably been Death and Defiance and The Imperial Truth. I didn't give any of the stories in those less than 7/10, and some (like The Devine Adoratrice, Gunsight and Lord of the Red Sands) were really good.

These are great suggestions - the latter is difficult to obtain now, but both are superb. Imperial Truth is worth getting, whatever, because of the stories within. Worth waiting for.

Archived