Your first BL novel

TerraZero20

Space Marine was my first 40k novel. Not sure if it counts, since there was no such thing as BL at that time.

I'm definitely willing to accept it. Still counts as being part of Games Workshop.

Another who first read Space Marine (along with Drachenfels) happy.png

My first Black Library release was the first Space Wolf trilogy.

Deathwing the David Pringle edition.  I'm not sure that really counts, though, because at that time I happily consumed virtually anything GW put out there so can't say it made me keep wanting to read WH40k novels.  I would have read a story on a milk carton.

I took a hiatus for almost a decade and then read Angels of Death and Ian Watson's Inquisitor series in 2003.  It's been a steady stream of novels ever since.

Deathwing the David Pringle edition.  I'm not sure that really counts, though, because at that time I happily consumed virtually anything GW put out there so can't say it made me keep wanting to read WH40k novels.  I would have read a story on a milk carton.

I took a hiatus for almost a decade and then read Angels of Death and Ian Watson's Inquisitor series in 2003.  It's been a steady stream of novels ever since.

I forgot about that one I still have that around here(pringle ed.) somewhere.

Space Marine, way back in 1993 when it first came out, when there was a choice of about 6 novels (5 of which were Fantasy) in a GW store

God damn I'm getting old... ohmy.png

Horus Rising actually. Though I had been scouring lexicanum and playing DoW:DC for months prior.

Are you me? Because that's me.
Strangely enough, we also have exactly the same birthdays sooo... maybe? However if I were you I'd feel way better about my writing ability than I currently do. :)

Horus Rising actually. Though I had been scouring lexicanum and playing DoW:DC for months prior.

Are you me? Because that's me.
Strangely enough, we also have exactly the same birthdays sooo... maybe?

http://images1.tickld.com/live/postimages/b25c069a3b3a084a798a0d24bf6f1b24.gif

Squad broken!

However if I were you I'd feel way better about my writing ability than I currently do. smile.png

Squad morale restored.

I've just thought about one of my oldest book. Tails of the Ten Tailed Cat, a graphic novel collection of short stories. There was also a 40K version at my school library but I can't remember the title. 

Definitely pre-dates Chapter War and Witch Hunter (only by a year).

• 2 weeks later...

Easy for I only started in October last year but Horus Rising. 

Now I'm about 20 books into the HH series, all the Night lords books, 1st 3 Grey Knights and a few of the Battles ones.

Its like some kind of disturbing addiction.

This is my 1st post btw. Hi! 

Its like some kind of disturbing addiction.

This is my 1st post btw. Hi!

Hello, and welcome to the B&C!

Have you been to the Chaos subforums? Their Slaanesh corners are just perfect for people with disturbing addictions. :)

Archived