Black_out's WIP Log....custodes incoming!

Black_out

• 2 weeks later...

I will be tearing apart my Dogscale First Legion and using their legs for their intended purpose of Terminators for the VIII legion thank you for reminding me of my origins...

• 6 months later...

Well....after an almost 6 month hiatus I'm finally back. My hobbying has unfortunately suffered during my leave (gratefully my racecar hasn't) but I intend to turn that around in the coming months with winter approaching.

My plan of attack is to finish up the NL Terminators I started wayyyy back and pick up the new plastic HH box. Think I'll make one for my NL and another an Isstvaan based Luna Wolf detachment with Loken as a general with lots and lots of battle damage.

I'd bid you welcome back, where it not for my suspicion that like me, you've dabbled with the Imperials. I'm waiting for you in the skinning pits.

I've done no such thing! Though, to my eternal shame, I've considered it....

Don't let Auggie get to you. His plog is full of gross Bananamarines lately.

Welcome back! Glad to hear you're back on terminators, but pics or it didn't happen.

See! I knew it! You traitorous scum! Death tot he False Emperor! (Isn't it awesome that from whomever's viewpoint, we Night Lords can be considered traitors? It's fun being an self-imposed outcast ;) )

Seems it makes it easier to be first to point the finger too ;) don't think I didn't see a certain yellow hue on your plog....

Don't let Auggie get to you. His plog is full of gross Bananamarines lately.

Welcome back! Glad to hear you're back on terminators, but pics or it didn't happen.

Lol, they're heinous! But thank you for the welcome Flint, I've missed the crowd over here. Terminator pics will be up eventually when I dig them back out

Finally dug out those pesky terminators and cleaned off my neglected painting area in my room that I've ignored for the better part of 2 years. Even pledged a few Termies in the casual hobby thread.

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee424/tom-asaurusrex/Snapchat--6167478716969252624_zps9t2gyepz.jpg

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee424/tom-asaurusrex/20151102_180734_zps9bvilnxw.jpg

I only pledged 2 but I ended up basecoating all 10 since I had the airbrush out anyway. So maybe they'll be finished by the end of the month! But who knows between the new Need for Speed out today and Fallout 4 next week....ugh

So last night in my boredom I did a thing....which was order a GW knight titan to build/paint and maybe even use eventually. I really need to stay off Amazon when I'm bored but he/she should be here today thanks to next day shipping so yea....lol.

But anyway, I need a little help. I know the Night Lords fought alongside both Legio Ulricon (sp?) And Legio Volcanum. I also know little to nothing is known about Ulricon (aside from Augustus' rendition for his Warhound titan) but is there more info on Volcanum floating around somewhere? Specifically a color scheme?

Unfortunately they don't seem to have a uniform color scheme as they probably like a ragtag band of Titans that came together as splinters of larger Legios.

Here's their wiki:http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Legio_Vulcanum_I

Grrr I need a legion to add this knight to! But thanks for the info boo :)

Why indeed not make it into Ulricon? Grey-blue with bone arrowed stripes is the way to go! ;)

I may have to flip back through your thread to get a look at your Warhound again....currently I'm thinking either dark green & bone or dark green & black....or maybe bone & black? Decisions, decisions.

Oh and I bought another knight yesterday at 25% off at a local hobby store. Winning!!

My vote is for blue-black or gray-blue if you're going with a bone color too.

I've found that anything green on a Titan or knight (especially with offwhite) tends to make it look Deathguard affiliated.

Hmmm you make a good point. I'm just trying to avoid making the knights too matchy with my NL. Was looking to incorporate some contrast and different colors...

Edit: also, not to toot my own horn or anything, but was I the first to paint Sevatar's base with hazard striped steps?

You can click on the 'modt impressive miniature' ETL III badge in my siggy for a link to my warhound. Before I started painting it, i did several testers with possible colour schemes and had the frater vote on them. The consensus was overwhelmingly in favour of the blue-grey with bone scheme. It's suitable different from VIII legion Midnight Black, while matching it at the same time. Also, it'd be cool to have a fluffy link between our armies!

You can click on the 'modt impressive miniature' ETL III badge in my siggy for a link to my warhound. Before I started painting it, i did several testers with possible colour schemes and had the frater vote on them. The consensus was overwhelmingly in favour of the blue-grey with bone scheme. It's suitable different from VIII legion Midnight Black, while matching it at the same time. Also, it'd be cool to have a fluffy link between our armies!

Well then it's decided. I shall use your Ulricon scheme and tie our armies together in some way. Now, give me your paint recipe please?

So no actual painting progress since my last update but I do intend to break out the airbrush and get some primer on that knight, maybe more if my other paint arrives today but we shall see.

Lately I've been musing about when I get my Christmas bonus check and what I should spend it on this year and I'm really torn. My first idea was to buy a new turbo for the racecar so I can finally use the exhaust manifold I bought a few months back after spending $800 on it. The second option is a Warlord Titan.

Why this discussion is even taking place in my head is an absolute mystery to me lol. Input anyone?

"They do not like us; the way we operate. They call us unpredictable, untrustworthy, dangerous. They call us murderers, psychopaths, killers and worse. But for all their spiteful misgivings there is one thing they all, at the end of it, agree upon. We are necessary. And that is why they fear us."

-Hallion Solis, Captain 19th Company Night Lords "Sun Devils".

After all this time building and painting my NL I think I finally have a character and concept that I really like. I'm amazed how a tiny snippet that just happened to cross my mind at work for no particular reason at all. More will come eventually I'm sure!

He also needs a model now ugh.

So, as expected, Fallout 4 has all but taken over my life but I do have an ever so miniscule update.

The knights chassis has received its coating of black primer and should be sprayed gunmetal and ready for washes this weekend. The armor plates are still awaiting their white primer coating so their painting can begin when their order arrives.

The terminators still look at me accusingly from my desk from neglect.

Alright folks another small update here along with a question or two.

First, the update. My knights chassis has received his first basecoat of gunmetal. The armor plates have all been primed white and barring needing any touch ups, aill probably receive base colors this weekend. And therein lies my first question. How are knights that are sworn to titan legions generally painted? In the legions colors I assume?

Second question. I intend to use transfers on all my NL because I hate sculpted pads, they look too bulky in my opinion. With that said I intend to invest in some microsol and microset. So my question is, first pay down some clear coat. Do I allow that to dry before applying the transfer? Then apply the microset? Then transfer while that's still wet? Then do I allow those to dry before I put on the microsol or while those are also wet? This is complicated.

Archived