93rd Ostheim, 7th Company WiP

Father Mehman

Thanks, CyderPirate!

Sorry for the word-post but I don't feel up to taking a squad photo today. I find it fitting that my 100th post should be in the Astra Militarum Forum. I hadn't realized how important the Guard was to me. They've really been the backbone when I had painting woes. Alright, just finished an Iron Hands squad, what should I do? Paint some Guard! Done with these Death Guard (Pre-Heresy, of course), what's on the agenda? Paint some Guard! Just got done painting some Tempestus Scions. Man I'm sick of 40k! I'll just paint some Beastmen- Paint some Guard!

Well, I've named the priest up above. Forever more shall he be called Magnus the Wrathful! Sounds like a peaceful, priestly name. On the topic of priests, on order from GW is an Empire Wizard set. Two wizards in a box? Yes, please. We'll see what shenanigans are possible with those gents. Probably a Bishop or something. I need to find an Ecclesiarchy hierarchy structuring. If anyone has one handy, lead me in the right direction.

Alright gents (and ladies...msn-wink.gif), I've been rummaging through my model closet and have found some models. This seems like the place to post such a list because I want to be able to tick off what has been accomplished as we go meandering down the hobby trail. Theoretically, some of these should and will be saved for any big painting competitions that come along but I cannot promise that all of them will share that fate. These are all still in boxes (except for a few tanks), at the moment, and await a knife and glue.

Really, now that it's on paper, there should be more infantry due to adding Heavy Weapons Teams to the Infantry Squads and having two troopers left over from each box. Score another box for free biggrin.png! Although, in doing this, it greatly lowers how many Heavy Weapons Teams there will be to make into squads. This is also true for the Command Squads. That's fine.

Infantry:

4x Command Squads

5x Infantry Squads

2x Heavy Weapon Squads (each with three Heavy Weapons Teams)

2x Tempestus Scions

1x Primaris Psyker

1x Techpriest Enginseer

Light Armour:

2x Aegis Defence Lines

3x Chimeras

6x Sentinels

1x Hellhound

1x Taurox Prime

Heavy Armour:

1x Demolisher

Artillery:

1x Basilisk

That's all that came with me in the move of 2012 and '14. There are more Light and Heavy Armour and possibly more Artillery back at my old house so I will be getting all that soon enough. Having been mainly focussed on the Ostheim 93rd, most of my infantry have been completed to some varying states of paint level and ability. Sadly, they cannot be used for most competitions but more can always be found.

EDIT: More thoughts and revised numbers.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, with this Lieutenant painted and based, it looks like the One for All competition re-hash is completed. He was enjoyable to paint and let me use some Warhammer Fantasy Battle bits that were lying around. Here's the duelist:

med_gallery_83709_10451_71430.jpg

Løytnant Orjan Hroarrson

Company duelist and marksman, Løytnant Orjan Hroarrson has served with the Ostheim 93rd, 7th Company for decades in an officer role with the 1st Platoon. It comes with great honour to be selected for service in his platoon because as long as his troopers do their best, he gives the best. Spirits, tabac, over-charged power cells- nothing is too good for his troopers. On the field of battle, he is ever the wolf, dogging his opponents until they tire and then setting his jaws upon them. Off the field, he is a gracious and kind man; ever popular with ladies from several planets. If his honour is broached or if it is just for sport, Hroarrson leaves his kindness off the dueling range. Apt with bolt pistol and thrusting sword, nary is the man that can boast a winning bout.

Now I am really impressed of the overall appearance of this model. Everything on it just makes sense for some strange reason. Loving that Empire head. Gonna see if I can find some laying around my boxes. 

Real nice work! Love your kit bashed priest too, will look epic with your painting style.

Well, it's guys like you that make me want to keep at it and the Commissariat make me keep at it, anyway. Thank you, Baz!

The Blood and Glory competition vow has been completed! With all that was done to this model, it was fantastic actually getting to paint him. From holy text to eviscerator, Father Magnus the Wrathful is someone you don't want to get cross.

The base for this model will match my Troopers: heavy mud...everywhere. The Lieutenant was standing on relatively hard ground with grass. This will be how all officers are to be displayed. His background information has been included below the photo. Hope you enjoy smile.png!

med_gallery_83709_10451_79638.jpg

And here is a close-up shot of Father Magnus.

med_gallery_83709_10451_49071.jpg

Far Magnus the Wrathful

Before taking the title “Wrathful”, the monk Magnus was a peaceful shrine-keeper in the wilds of Negrobi, the first planet in the Sumatari System.

The life out on the plains was full of hardships, even for the anchorite. Daily chores involved finding something to eat and a plentiful water source. Luckily, the Shrine to the Weapon Interred had both; giant, venomous Great Beetles- and the things that hunted them- for game and the only fresh water spring for kilometres. Other tasks required of Magnus were blessings of the interred weapon, daily close combat drills, and the reading of the Magnum Sumatari, the most holy text in the Sumatari System, detailing the life and death of Saint Melker the Scribe and his part in the events that surrounded the Brothers’ War thousands of years ago.

The day Magnus took his title, it was a day the sky should have rained blood. Cultists and a lone Arch-Enemy appeared around the shrine and demanded the monk kneel before their debased, pestilent god of disease or they would kill him in a most gruesome fashion. But first, they were to debase the shrine with raucous laughter and much joy. As the once-marine placed his foot at the base of the shrine, a spark exploded in Magnus’ head. That was all it took for the anchorite to snap- the devils were literally at his doorstep and he had to act.

Praying for righteous action and furious anger, the monk recalled his decades of combat practice. The Saint and the Emperor must have heard his hoarse calling because he did not martyr himself that day. Instead, he set the bar for the next shrine-holders of Negrobi by ripping the head from the Traitor Space Marine single-handedly. The Cultists fled but Magnus knew they would be back, and in numbers hard to count. The time had drawn nigh for the object of the shrine had to be awakened- its planet needed it once more.

With great reverence, Magnus said the prayers of awakening as he released the power couplings from the eviscerator. At the same time, Cultists were making their way behind his back, rusted knives dripping with poison to be the monk’s reward for killing their master. A great, cracking sound and force threw the assassins to the ground. Enoksstorsverd, the holy weapon, was free, and to all who beheld it that day, death followed quickly.

The monk was reborn in the blood of traitors. Calling himself Father Magnus the Wrathful, he vowed himself take pilgrimage and slaughter all forces against Saint Melker and the Emperor on Terra until the day he is martyred for their cause.

I like how you get a combination from various kits. I have long been looking for good priests for 40k. I am not really liking the ones GW have. But this one looks like a soldier, but also like a mad war priest. Great work!

Archived