KBA's Heresy Thread

KBA

Thanks for the input guys :)

As someone who tends to over analyze everything in life -- let alone the hobby -- the feedback definitely helps ground my head from blasting off into the clouds. The Astorath Axe continues to call my name. The spear tip just isn't brutal enough for what I'm after. The Tribune weapon feels a little too White Scars for this conversion (I think something inside me is screaming at me to save the bit for my White Scar conversion). The Heavy Chain blade is a little too brutal for my Angel. And the small(er) axe just feels... Small. So what have I decided (for now)?

To go back to what my gut told me in the first place, but refine it. Cut the chunks out, replace them with smaller bits and make it work. WIP of the old girl:

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g241/killedbefroeaction/image_zpsc6wd660k.jpeg

Compared to its previous incarnation:

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g241/killedbefroeaction/image_zpsm1hq8eas.jpeg

I replaced the bulkier power source with a vanguard thunder hammer bit, and added a Custodes Guardian Spear spike on the top. I'm liking where this is going :)

I was gonna vote for Astorath's axe because the only good axe is a bearded one imho, as well as tell you to go with your gut, but looks like I was late to the party for both. ;) I definitely think your new version is much better than the original one.

Looking at it now, the massive axe throws it off.

Can you move the head closer to his hand? That would keep the bulk of the model centralised, or get rid of the second head on teh axe.

I don't want to mess with the shaft length as I want it to convey two-handedness, but here are some alternate axe/weapon heads I had in mind:

Ah, what I meant was to move sections of the shaft from above his hand, to below - so the haft remains the same length, but the hand is closer to the head. Although I dont know if this interferes with the cape. 

Oops I did t mean to cause you to go through so many options.

I would have said the spear as for me it gave the model a sort of angelic elegance, but I know the feeling of having an idea in your head and wanting to make it work. Go with your gut, I'm positive it will work.

Archived