KBA's Heresy Thread

KBA

Damn, dude.

That Forgelord is cool as hell. Is that a hood from the dark angel terminators?

I really want to borrow that axe/hammer idea for a XIIth legion techie now :lol:

Bitz:

1 terminator praetor

2 suzarian shoulder pads

1 Sterngaurd head

1 Abbadon Sword

2 plastic cataphractii feet

1 blood angels librarian hand

2 mk3 arms

Supplies:

Exact knife

GS

Citadel Clippers

Gorilla super glue (gel)

Hair dryer

Courage

Basically, the biggest challenge of this one was the leg repose which took some careful cutting, and heat to get a slight bend going. The knee on the right leg is pretty well severed, and the thigh is completely severed in order to get the cliche captain Morgan raised leg pose. A tremor tiny amount of gs was used where the knee splits. The torso was slowly hacked and chipped away until I was happy with the profile. The arms were hacked off and mkIII arms down to the elbow were put in, with the gauntlets glued on :)

Glad you guys dig :)

On a potentially upsetting note, postimage seems to be in some trouble. A number of my project photos are already breaking. Can anyone recommend a solid third party image hosting service?

Glad you guys dig smile.png

On a potentially upsetting note, postimage seems to be in some trouble. A number of my project photos are already breaking. Can anyone recommend a solid third party image hosting service?

I use the Dakka gallery since I also have an account there for my non 40k stuff; the zoom function is great, 3 picture sizes to choose from and seeminlgy endless storage (I currently have almost 1400 on there). Always find the gallery pics here quite small.

Thanks for the suggestions guys :)

I couldn't help myself with the Custodes:

image-L.jpg

image-M.jpg

image-M.jpg

Felt very, very wrong cutting up Custodes bitz, but I just wasn't connecting with the overall vibe of the standard models. I wanted something that looked a little more ornamental. Still need to press mold some iconography onto the shins :)

Interesting with the Custodes, are they a nice kit. I grabbed some SoS off eBay, but might get the whole box next month and trade the marine bits for more Custodes and Sisters. Out of interest what's the size comparasion of a Custode next to one of your true scale guys?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Interesting with the Custodes, are they a nice kit. I grabbed some SoS off eBay, but might get the whole box next month and trade the marine bits for more Custodes and Sisters. Out of interest what's the size comparasion of a Custode next to one of your true scale guys?

I'll have to snap some pics next to one of my beefed up marines, and probably a primarch body as I was surprised how close in size these custom Custodes were to Ferrus (then again, he does have quite the wide stance)

That Custodes looks amazing, KBA.

What exactly did you splice and keep from each model? I can't exactly place them all

The main bits-and-bobs were canabalized from the Custodes breast plate and legs. The 'belt buckle' was cut off and placed over the Stormcast torso, but not before some of the fantasy model's petruges were tacked on. The chest cable was carefully cut off the Custodes breast plate and flipped around onto the Stormcast chest. The Custodes back half of the torso needed to be cut to accept the bulk of the Stormcast 'abs'.

What is the longer barrel you used on the seeker?

That is from the FW recon marines sniper rifle. RIP sniper rifle.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'm kind of on a tank kit-bashing phase, and spent the last while working on my Choomtastic Death Hammer. Check out the MDRC thread in the AoD section if you're curious about that one. I went a little more off the beaten path with this next 'Frankenstein Tank'. I wanted it to look more like a WWII Sherman than what anything in the current range offers, yet I wanted to maintain the established universe flavor. Very hard line to tow! I also wanted something that could transport a Moritat. A scout tank of sorts, forging ahead of the company with firepower/manpower to deal with minor threat levels in encounters. I figure one single marine transport capacity could let me make a transport that looked how I wanted the tank in my head to look.

The Jaghatai Khan Scout Tank

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I figure this tank could be named after another proud Primarch :). Really a bastardization of my left over bits from a Mars Alpha Leman Russ, A Deimos Rhino, and a Deimos Predator. Ligh Side Armor of a rhino, with a thick Front Armor, and a well greased engine to speed this guy across the mayhem. Oh and hull mounted choom. Just cause. Lots of chopping and sanding. Originally the turret was flush with the top of the hull, but the tank looked to squat on the broad body. Cutting up the predator turret mount and slapping it on gave it the height I was looking for.

Full fluff and write up later on.

Archived