Finished pictures of an in progress Slaaneshi Cult

Slaanbull

Hey everybody! I hope it's not against the rules to post this several places on the forum, I just wanted my newest creation to have a larger audience than my blog on the Chaos boards. smile.png

He's made of bits from Lucius, FW Gal Vorbaak, Archaon the Everchosen, a blight king and a bunch of greenstuff. I really enjoyed painting him for my growing warband and I hope to accompany him with more brethren sooner rather than later.

In game he's probably going to counts as a lord marked by Slaanesh, with the gift of mutation and the steed of Slaanesh upgrades, then I can choose between giving him the Murdersword or the sword of relentlessnesness(from the Crimson Slaughter expansion).

gallery_81490_10033_5758.jpg

gallery_81490_10033_37975.jpg

gallery_81490_10033_27621.jpg

gallery_81490_10033_38509.jpg

gallery_81490_10033_6290.jpg

Thanks all who cared to view my update and have a nice day!

Thank you for the nice replies, I really enjoyed painting him and I that resulted in me working almost twice as fast as usual. :)
Right now I want to convert up the rest of the squad as mutilators and maybe a second lord. But I want to attend some games in my local Games Workshop store this March, and for that I need a 1200 pts force, I need to paint up some more stuff for that instead.

• 2 months later...

Thanks man! Honored to have the thread bumped after so long. :)

I really have to start painting more and playing less computer these days, I enjoy finishing a model more anyway.

Great khorne beserker btw, the one with the white helmet. Very strong colourscheme.

Thanks man! Honored to have the thread bumped after so long. smile.png

I really have to start painting more and playing less computer these days, I enjoy finishing a model more anyway.

Great khorne beserker btw, the one with the white helmet. Very strong colourscheme.

Its worth the bump, and thanks!

Well, that's....horrifying. blink.png

Very effective conversion, and good painting on top. I think the sword could use a slightly darker shade towards the hilt, but other than that, I got nothin' thumbsup.gif

Hmm, what was your recipe for the muscle-flesh colors? I got a haemonculus on my desk that could use a bit of that. I did Red Gore with a drybrush of Dwarf Flesh, but it still feels incomplete. You, on the other hand, nailed it.

Thank you all!

@Firepower
The red-yellow gradient is much better in person, I'll try to get a better picture up some time, until then you'll just have to believe me. ;) There was also my concern of making the demons face less noticeable, but that could be fixed by making that outline darker as well.

I think the skin was pallid wych flesh shaded with red, purple and a flesh wash, ogryn flesh or something like that, I believe GW has come out with a new one. I might've started with a basecoat of Kislev Flesh though I always just continue with different tones and highlights until I'm satisfied, no real recipe. But as for the non-blended colours I've definitely used in a somewhat chronological order: Kislev Flesh, Pallid Wych Flesh, Ogryn Flesh, Druchii Violet, Carroburg Crimson(for the flesh tubes and tentacle) and some dark grey/blue washes around his eyes and select places on the body.

Thank you all!

@Firepower

The red-yellow gradient is much better in person, I'll try to get a better picture up some time, until then you'll just have to believe me. msn-wink.gif There was also my concern of making the demons face less noticeable, but that could be fixed by making that outline darker as well.

I think the skin was pallid wych flesh shaded with red, purple and a flesh wash, ogryn flesh or something like that, I believe GW has come out with a new one. I might've started with a basecoat of Kislev Flesh though I always just continue with different tones and highlights until I'm satisfied, no real recipe. But as for the non-blended colours I've definitely used in a somewhat chronological order: Kislev Flesh, Pallid Wych Flesh, Ogryn Flesh, Druchii Violet, Carroburg Crimson(for the flesh tubes and tentacle) and some dark grey/blue washes around his eyes and select places on the body.

Hm, that's a lot of paint that I don't own laugh.png

But it does seem to suggest I'm on the right track. Maybe a bit of Elf Flesh and a crimson wash...hm. A lot of work for a model I don't even own, much less like teehee.gif

Anyway, again, good work. It always made my skin crawl in some of the old artwork, but a power-armor-breast-mutation is...yeah, gonna stick with "horrifying" all around. Which is really how it's supposed to be, I suppose. thumbsup.gif

Thanks for all the nice comments, it feels really nice to get some critique when I've earlier only shared my works with close friends and family.
@ElDuderino, hehe, that puts some pressure on me since I'm not that good at updating regularly. I've entered some monthly painting pledges with two friends though. So unless I paint more, and update my threads, I'm gonna get poorer from all the beers I'll have to buy them. ;)

I have something new to show you, guess I'd just put it in here as to not clutter the board too much;

gallery_81490_10033_21118.jpg

gallery_81490_10033_174650.jpg

gallery_81490_10033_180212.jpg

It's my new Sonic Dreadnought! He has been a long time underway now.
What do you think should I call the thread header now, since I'm going to be updating it with more pictures of my army?

Thanks for watching and have a nice day!

Archived