++Daemon Forge II - Champion++

This months challenge I can enter! Didn't have the time or a model ready for a sorcerer, but I had the champion model lying around from an old experiment.

There are some awesome entries already, it's gonna be crowded in here! I understand that though, the model lends itself to such a wide array of options. :)

gallery_81490_10550_113555.jpg

gallery_81490_10550_125975.jpg

Added the backpack, and his arms yesterday, the head is from earlier because I wanted to give him twin lightning claws once.

Was easy to figure out the new loadout though, they're magnetised to be removed while painting, I don't usually do that, but I practiced that on this model.
He needs some moldlines removed here and there, and some greenstuff where the two torso-parts line up.

Thanks! I imagined that the sword was a trophy from an earlier kill that he now uses to further his goals in the long war.
In this battle it probably broke and the marine has to carry a less worthy weapon until he can get back home and repair the sword. Obviously while acting spiteful against his foes and telling them that a garage-made cultist weapon is what delivers them to the warp. ;)

You know, I appear to be psychic. I just saw this thread last night. But I placed an order for this model back on last Sunday. I was planning on using it for my redo of my Chaos army this summer. Perfect timing.

I'll endevour to actually finish this, although if my last few March of the Legions goals are a hint, I'm not sure if I'll finish in time.

@Slaanbull. Just realised why you did to your base. Am I right that you cut the sides off the original, stuck it to a 32mm, and used Vallejo Grey Pumice paste (or the finer one what ever it's called)? Edited by Forté

The Jason Mask is sweet, as are all chain-glaive. 

Thanks, its a really simple conversion. The head is from puppetswar, I use quite a few of their bits. They are a tiny bit more slender than heroic scale so they make marines armour look super bulky.

My Possessed Champion.

http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr353/jonas1917/Mobile%20Uploads/image_1.jpg

Always drill out gun barrels, otherwise they look crap.

-----------------------------------------

Did a bit more work on him and his buddies this weekend. Just need to highlight his armour and things like eyes etc.

http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr353/jonas1917/Mobile%20Uploads/image_3.jpg

http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr353/jonas1917/Mobile%20Uploads/image_2.jpg

Edited by Dallas Drake