++Daemon Forge II - Champion++

Greetings, I take it I may pledge? I just got the DV 2.0 box and with it the model for your challenge. :smile.:

No need to pledge.  If people want to take part in Daemon Forge they can ether build & paint the model for that month topic or show a model for the theme of that topic if they've already got one in there army :D

If people want to take part in this month one, just need the single spure Champion.  Again can be one that already been in your army.  Or for people to pick up the model & try get him painted with in the deadline which is posted on the first post :D

People are free to convert this model as a Lord, Raptor Champion, Dark Apostle, Sorcerer, Warpsmith, etc.... just name a few, just as long as the Champion model been use toward those conversion, so could be just the leg, base & backpack & useing FW body, FW helmet, FW shoulder pads.

All about seen cool models & though be good to use this Champion model to see everyone take.  Bit like the Nurgle Warhammer Fantasy Lord, I've loss count amount conversion we've seen of that model from the White Dwarf to the fourms.

Also two more weeks to go.  I'm still currently thinking of next month Daemon Forge Challenge.  But should be posted on here during next week some stage.

Lot great models been posted.

Nice one Lucio, I better get to painting mine soon. :smile.:
Do you have a better picture of the underslung type melta? That looks interesting.

Edited by Slaanbull

Looking awesome Forte

I haven't got too far. Been busy with something else but I have made time to get cracking on paint but right now I am only here:

http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/theironwithin/Mobile%20Uploads/E79E9702-C1EB-417B-87EA-6F8E85C7271E_zpsawlieems.jpg

Going to have to figure out how I will paint the purple, among other things. His right arm (his dominate sword arm) and his helm will be mostly silver as he was once counted among the Palatine Blades.

http://shrani.si/f/2k/IV/1LEJEqJL/2015-03-21-193603.jpg

Assembled and basecoated. Now it needs a name and a scheme. I think I will go again for the Black Legion paint scheme, let's see if this one will turn out better than the sorcerer. 

@hushrong. Sexy purple. Try shading with a much darker purple and using a light blue grey to make your highlights. And it's platinum, not silver ;)

Look what yo made me do?  I just stumbled into this thread today realized I never got this model so I should join this to do something about it.  I rushed off to eBay where I bought one along with three sets of autogun Cultists from the same seller because they were $8 per set and I have no self control.  Then I come back here and actually read the terms to realize the finish date is the end of the month and there is no way an expected delivery time of 8-12 days is going to make it.  Then there the fact that this is the second one and I have lots of Sorcerers I could have posted a picture of, but of course I didn't browse the Chaos forums in a while.  Perhaps next month I will be able to jump in this.  I almost feel like as big a failure as the Emperor.  Almost.

As proof, here are the Sorcerers I could have thrown out there, Ahriman, a Blood Angels Nurgle one, A Raven Guard Tzeentch one, an Imperial Fist, a Thousand Sons Aspiring Sorcerer, another Imperial Fist one, a Slaaneshi Iron Warriors, and a second Iron Warriors Sorcerer.  I am missing my Dark Angels Sorcerer on a bike because I pulled him aside to get him a base and now cannot find him.  I think he may have hitched a ride to a game in another army's foam but I am too lazy to search for him.

http://s10.postimg.org/73kszgx49/Sorcerers.jpg

Look what yo made me do?  I just stumbled into this thread today realized I never got this model so I should join this to do something about it.  I rushed off to eBay where I bought one along with three sets of autogun Cultists from the same seller because they were $8 per set and I have no self control.  Then I come back here and actually read the terms to realize the finish date is the end of the month and there is no way an expected delivery time of 8-12 days is going to make it.  Then there the fact that this is the second one and I have lots of Sorcerers I could have posted a picture of, but of course I didn't browse the Chaos forums in a while.  Perhaps next month I will be able to jump in this.  I almost feel like as big a failure as the Emperor.  Almost.

Remember there always another chance for future Daemon Forge themes where the model can tie in with the theme :D  So April for exsample, I'm going to have Daemon Forge around Khorne (more details when the topic posted) possible single, units, Marines, Daemons, Guard, just as long as there tie in with Khorne.  But as said that one will be posted up near the time.

As said before - Daemon Forge can be models you've already got in your army/collection.  Also allow people that deadline to get the model painted or maybe there looking for a challenge & want to build & paint a one off model or they just like that model eg: single Champion spure model as a exsample :D

On that note - Only a week & a few days left now :D

As said next Daemon Forge will be theme around Khorne.  With this month Games Workshop release being Khorne heavy from Warhammer & from today the new Daemon Kin supplament.  Though be cool to have a Khorne theme :D

Remember there always another chance for future Daemon Forge themes where the model can tie in with the theme :biggrin.:  So April for exsample, I'm going to have Daemon Forge around Khorne (more details when the topic posted) possible single, units, Marines, Daemons, Guard, just as long as there tie in with Khorne.  But as said that one will be posted up near the time.

As said before - Daemon Forge can be models you've already got in your army/collection.  Also allow people that deadline to get the model painted or maybe there looking for a challenge & want to build & paint a one off model or they just like that model eg: single Champion spure model as a exsample :biggrin.:

On that note - Only a week & a few days left now :biggrin.:

As said next Daemon Forge will be theme around Khorne.  With this month Games Workshop release being Khorne heavy from Warhammer & from today the new Daemon Kin supplament.  Though be cool to have a Khorne theme :biggrin.:

Khorne themed?  Good.  I have just the last minute ringer (technically ringers, but we can pretend they are one unit for hilarity's sake) in the event I cannot find and paint a Khorne something in time since that last ETL really cleaned me out so unpainted Chaos is scarce around here.

http://shrani.si/f/43/HI/1tddbpBY/2015-03-22-115647.jpg

Tried with the Black Legion scheme... let's say I will not continue with it across my army. Now, the model is fantastic but I feel that I did not do it justice with my painting. Try as I may but the black is not getting as I would like it and there are "too many colors" hence it appears messy. 

I have tried other schemes on other models; Alpha Legion, Word Bearers, Iron Warriors, all appear much much better and more defined. Now I understand that my highlights are a poor example of painting but that is not exactly what troubles me, that can be improved with practice, what troubles me is the Black Legion scheme in general. It is messy with all its reds, silvers, golds, bone etc... messier still with highlights which are mandatory on black armor. 

I think I will go either the Alpha Legion or the Word Bearers route next time. 

I'll say it again! I love that marine, forte! ANd thands for the heads up about the Palatine Blades.

Mine is still slow going...

http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/theironwithin/Mobile%20Uploads/3C1026A8-C93A-4C61-899E-EE136C1AC4BA_zpsbsfl2zqf.jpg

First off, I tried P3 armor wash on the metal bits but I do not think I shook up the contents in the bottle well enough before using. I made this same mistake when I first bought and used my first pot of nuln oil.

I've decided to keep the black trim as I had first done when I initially started painting my Cult of Golden Tears. Going to paint up the black where I got got sloppy and highlight with a blue-ish hue. So I've got that, the organic pipes, and small fetishes to paint. I should get this done by the deadline.

EDIT: I see a moldline on the horns that need removing!!

Edited by hushrong

Vrosh complete! Happy to have completed him - the chest was tricky, it's hard when you have a specific green to then highlight up to make distinct... I could've gone for one more, but I don't think it would have helped massively. Glad that he looks solid and consistent - and a nice extra choice for a HQ!

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/GW/VroshFront_zpstoba7gw3.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/GW/VroshBack_zpsxxrgh3dk.jpg

Cheers everyone for spurring us on - looking forward to the next Daemon Forge already!

Don't worry if your not able to get the models painted by end of this month.  There will be more change in the future to use the model as part of a Daemon Forge theme.  Next one will be Khorne theme.  If it not for that, I'm planning on champion (general unit champion)  theme one in the future.

Also look cool models.  Really good seen everyone different take on Vosh.