++Daemon Forge II - Champion++

There are a lot of great entries in here!

I've had this guy sitting on a shelf for a long while. I bought him when chaos got all their new goodies in 6th and I used his axe arm for a Huron conversion. I built and primed him but he is in desperate need of paint so I hope I can enter him to do just that. Please excuse the very lame image.

http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/theironwithin/Mobile%20Uploads/3059BCE6-E26F-41BD-BC1B-600E303C94AB_zpslhf3r9ar.jpg

Vola the Dancer, of the Cult of Golden Tears

The junction was a chaotic display of hatred and combat. Blade met armor and flesh as enemies battled. The xeno raiders, with all their numbers, struggled to slaughter the defending party. Over the corpses of mortal slaves and slain raiders they slashed, parried, and bled one another.

Mere minutes passed into eternity before the final mon-keigh fell to his knees and collapsed to the deck. Regardless of wounds suffered the final warrior and its kin had fought beyond death to savor bloodshed and pain.

The raiders cleaned their blades of vile blood and quickly secured precious stones from their fallen kin. Constantly they looked over their shoulders, wary of enemies. Their work was far from over as there were more to kill to slake their vengeance. Wasting little time the group looked to their felarch for orders.

None were given as another of the depraved defenders made its presence known. Far down the corridor from the junction a hatch opened and another mon-keigh entered.

“Greetings!” it sung through its helmets vox speaker with a serpentine hiss.

Rifles were drawn, shouldered, and fired without second thought down the corridor.

It charged forward with no regard for cover or support. The warrior cared little for either as both denied it greater glory. The warrior was reborn and ascended its mortal form to become death incarnate and would not wait in shelter when its foes challenged him.

Alone in the corridor the lone defender would leap over the corpses of its brother and enemies alike with unnatural grace. The raiders would fire their weapons to no avail. Despite its bulk their target seemed to slither and weave through their hail of fire as some spectral dancer.

It moved too fast. In short time it came upon them. Before they could lower their rifles and swap weapons their felarch had been run through with a blackened sword.

“Welcome aboard the Broken Sun” it shouted before turning upon its next victim.

I'm actually getting somewhere here. Time for the obligatory blu tac shots and decision time.

Here's option A keeping the tassel on the shield and removing the dagger.

med_gallery_29004_10556_51243.jpg

Or, option B. Remove the tassel, rotate the shield for a buckler look and keep the dagger.

med_gallery_29004_10556_45228.jpg

Let me know what you think please. Many thanks :tu:

I vote for option A! I think it looks better!

The tassel looks flashier, it flows well with the model, and why tuck a blade under a buckler shield when the shield itself could be a razor edged weapon itself.

It is also awesome to see the mini put together.

Edited by hushrong

I think in option B he said "remove the tassel"  which he didn't do yet in the picture, but if that's the deal, I go with Option B personally.  The buckler look with dagger is classic.  Plus the shield has that nice pointy look on the end bringing to mind the bodies of poor guardsmen simply punched in the head with it's sharp edges to conserve ammunition for the real threats.  Also when the shield is brought up to protect the head, with orientation A it would basically not protect your face or head at all.. just sayin.

Overall I think he would look "double-down super brutal" with the dagger and the tassel cut off with Orientation B.

-Brett

I would go for A, just for the implied movement within all the pieces present.  While I do see the logic for the buckler and dagger, I can't help think that there would be some type of blade edge on the buckler itself, rendering the dagger redundant.

Given that, it'll be awesome no matter which you choose. :thumbsup:

Option A it is for me. Anyway, forte, I love where this is going.

Actually there's some amazing modelling and painting going on here. Great job so far, everybody. I'm observing this very closely. (Sadly I can't join in this month. I hardly find time – and, believe it or not, it also seems to be impossible to find this particular model in time in this funny part of the world ... Ah, first world problems.)

Looks like A has it. Cheers for the input all. Should be priming next chance I get to make sure I hit the deadline.

Keep posting your progress everyone. Nice to see the variety happening with the same model.

@Slaanbull. Just realised why you did to your base. Am I right that you cut the sides off the original, stuck it to a 32mm, and used Vallejo Grey Pumice paste (or the finer one what ever it's called)?

I did yea, he was already melted to the other base, broke off the edges and put him on the larger one. Sand and dirt is just regular PVA glue and some fine sand. :)

The entries just keep on impressing me, awesome turnout so far, I really got to step up my painting game.

Hi All, 

Amazing jobs with your respective works on Vrosh.:thumbsup:   I never got around to putting the model together when I bought DV and thought this would be a great opportunity to do so :biggrin.:

Work so far: 

http://i.imgur.com/P8GOYFb.jpg?2

http://i.imgur.com/sE4LeIc.jpg?1

Waiting for some parts to soak some more in break fluid, so hopefully i can work on him more soon :biggrin.:

Lev.

Edited by Lord Haelim Lev

So a quick PiP...

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p71/ublaz3/IMG_6841.jpg

I found it's actually been easier for me to get this to this point... just doing it helped, but having a spare hour or so in the morning is where most of this has been painted so far.  Highlights are little blocky for my liking and not as smooth as on my Abaddon, which makes me think it's time for new glasses.  

I also needed to get the majority of it done before Thursday since I leave on a working vacation, and will be gone for a week. 

Mine. 

Arek the Bloody, champion of Khorne. Running him as Khárn.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/Wynnar/Arek1_zpsqitfchjb.jpg

And with some more paint.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/Wynnar/Arek2_zpsdbeewabf.jpg

Just a simple weapon swap and also exchanged the shoulderpad. 

Edited by Neigorath