SonofCarnelian Draws: Rogue Trader/Chainglaive

med_gallery_62495_6731_483194.jpgmed_gallery_62495_6731_118025.jpg

+++

One of my great regrets in life comes from the fact that I have never spent enough time drawing. I come from a family of artists who all support my Warhammer hobby as an artistic endeavor, but my sketching and inking skills have not progressed at a rate I personally find acceptable. I've started drawing every day since the start of the new year so that I might remedy this. Obviously, not all of my art will make it onto the boards, since not all of it actually takes place within the setting of the Grim Darkness of the Far Future. But what power armor I do draw will end up here. Obviously, I relish any advice, criticism, and comments you all have.

First up, a Night Lord just before the outbreak of the Heresy. I have more backstory for him if you all care, but I figure I would focus on showing him first.

Note: the right arm looks weird because I'm going to photoshop the helmet under his arm at a later point.

• 2 weeks later...

nice job on the drawings

if i may suggest, work more on the proportioning of objects (her hand, for instance,) the rest is pretty darn good if i do say so myself.

(although i may be playin' favorites, quite the anime fan, ya see tongue.png )

that glaive is killer too, do more weapons! get exotic, experiment!

• 5 weeks later...

med_gallery_62495_6731_134166.png

+++

Hey gang. Back with another one. This time hailing from the Exorcists Chapter. What I love about drawing Space Marines versus painting them is that you can make details on their armor that you couldn't actually paint without an insane amount of effort. Like the runes of warding lining this veteran's armor!

Archived