Codex: Khorne, next week?

Sception

seriously doubting that, as this would be the first time for a GW codex to include FW products. As a supplement to CSM/CD, IA13 options would be elegible anyway.

I don't mean statted up in the codex, I just mean access generally. Like, either indirectly, the way our existing CSM supplements do (black legion and crimson slaughter have access to IA13 options because they have access to CSM options and units more generally, and thus access to those units that FW adds to the parent book), or directly via FAQ/Errata from FW itself.

I don't expect the dreadclaw to be a unit in the book, what I'm hoping for is that it is available as an option to the book.

I am really hoping that since it is marketed as a codex, there might be completely new rules for the units, similar to harlequins. I am perfectly happy to have super rules discontinuities for about a year if they then decide to split chaos over several codices much like the imperials over the next year or two.

Found this online:

Blood for the Blood God Rule

For every Unit that is killed enemy or friend you gain a Blood point for it.

You can spend your points once a turn to summon some daemons or give some cool abilities to your guys(fnp is mentioned).
For 8 Points you will get a Bloodthirster for free.

Units
Nearly every CSM unit is metioned except obliterators and psi-guys.
Every khorne daemon is in there.

So, pretty cool with Renegades for the 2+ or 5+ come-back. Or with lots of small 10-man zombie squads...or lots of 1-wyvern units, etc.

Found this online:

You can spend your points once a turn to summon some daemons or give some cool abilities to your guys(fnp is mentioned).

Units

So, pretty cool with Renegades for the 2+ or 5+ come-back. Or with lots of small 10-man zombie squads...or lots of 1-wyvern units, etc.

let see, we could use this for single models(solo spawn, or most vehicles and walkers), and cultist/R&H are extremely cheap(50 pts for 10 cultist, 10 rabble or platoons for 30 pts, vets squads of 5 for 35 pts).  With Tyrant overlord we can shoot them off the field or in combat with artillery(hello wyvern).  Let the blood flow, R&H msu army will be getting a bloodthrister a turn.   

Typically the special editions are variant cover, slipcase, and added artwork. Anything else is hopeful wishes. To my knowledge, they have included dice, counters or datacards and since the White Dwarf leak shows datacards as a separate item, we can bank on it not being part of the special edition.

A Knight will need 5's to hit the BT. So on average, 1/3 hits, which will be negated on a 5++, which needs a 6 to actually kill the BT. So if the BT charges the Knight, there is only a 1/54 chance that the Knight will be instant-killed by the D. However, if the Knight lands 2 or more hits, and the BT fails 2 or more of those hits on the ++ save, then the BT does indeed die.

Also: the D stomp will hurt.

My recommendation: hit the BT with either a grimoire or cursed earth from nearby horrors or the IA:13 vehicle aura for +1 to Khorne, or some combination thereof. That BT will be hella beefy with 2 greater gifts and a 2++ save! (Edit: and by the way, don't forget one of the greater gifts is re-rolling invul saves...you can make the BT nearly immune to anything on a Knight save a 6 on a D).

On a separate topic: here is what I think is most interesting. I doubt that the other dieties, assuming they get their own books, will be left without an army-wide tally now that Khorne gets one (especially since this idea started with epidemius). So what kinds of tallies do other gods get, if Khorne is "kill units?"

My guesses:

-Tzeentch: successful casts or something to do with # of warp dice used

-Nurgle: FNP and/or ITWND rolls and/or poisoned hits

-Slaanesh: rending hits or fleet rolls or failed morale/fear/pinning tests

That reminds me of the old bonus summoning system from the 3rd ed codex( the one written by Jervis).

+1 on the summon roll for units of Khorne if an assault as been succesfull this turn, +1 for Nurgle deamons if at least a model as failed a saving throw, +1 for Tzeentch deamons if a psychic test was succesfully rolled and +1 for Slaaneshi deamon sif a unit has failed a LD test.

The bigger issue is that T6 W5 3+/5++ is not really that tough. Especially to S6/7 shooting which the 2 armies that already roflstomp Melee Chaos (Eldar/Tau) have tons of. Compare that to a Riptide who is also T6 W5 but has FnP, a 2+ save, and a way to get a 3++. Plus it has guns.

this is a warning.

you have been granted the fear USR. wink.png

Found this online:

Units

my first thought, but it depends on the wording of blood tithe and the conditions to unlock it as an army special rule. If it needs a daemonkin warlord, all is dust.

boy would it be cool to have blood tithe, an unending host detachment and an ordnance tyrant! drool.gif

The bigger issue is that T6 W5 3+/5++ is not really that tough. Especially to S6/7 shooting which the 2 armies that already roflstomp Melee Chaos (Eldar/Tau) have tons of. Compare that to a Riptide who is also T6 W5 but has FnP, a 2+ save, and a way to get a 3++. Plus it has guns.

I agree, though in its defense it does have a 4++ jink, and as mentioned there are a few ways to up its ++ save.

If the rumor is right, in that you get buffs depending on amount of ALL units killed, then you can literally just sweep across the field with everything.

I don't think my opponent would care very much for me literally sweeping the field msn-wink.gif

MSU Berzerkers in Rhinos, Cultists on Objectives, Daemons to fill the other gaps. Cheap in points, expendable, perfect to ramp up the Blood Tithe. It might work and it can be quite potent if you manage to gang up on an enemy unit. 

I just hope that there will not be limits in HQ choices or that I would be forced to buy a Bloodthirster to unlock the detachments/formations. Summoning one is great, having to field one less so. 

Typically the special editions are variant cover, slipcase, and added artwork. Anything else is hopeful wishes. To my knowledge, they have included dice, counters or datacards and since the White Dwarf leak shows datacards as a separate item, we can bank on it not being part of the special edition.

The White Dwarf specifically lists the Codex, second book, objective cards, and skull tokens to keep track of the blood tithe. You can see them in the picture describing the special edition, as well.

No dice, though. Those are the skull tokens, I guess.

Archived