Liber thought experiment - Order origins.

Aqui

Maybe oath was the wrong word. More like a partnership? A kind of joint vow to fulfill a specific goal, where both parties want to achieve the same end and make a deal to fight alongside each other till they succeed. No suggestion of pledging service or anything like that, and an agreement to accept each others divinity viewpoint and just agree to think the Emperor is a boss.

More a 'hey, you're going to PLACE to destroy THING? So are we! Road-trip?'

'Nice. You pack the promethium and we'll drive the first leg. I hope you like Springsteen.'

'We've always been more into Dylan.'

'Hmm. Compromise on Clapton?'

'Deal.'

Would it be out of the question, when the plastic SoB come out, to name them the "Sister's of Mercy"? I admit that I have no real knowledge of the Sororitas other than the James Swallow books (maybe another author) and the BRBs, but naming them after my favourite band seems fitting biggrin.png!

Off the top of my head (which makes it significantly less reliable than my usual comments), the name Sisters of Mercy has been claimed by a chaos cult.

I thought that as well, but I can't remember where I'd seen/read about them...

Considering the vastness of space and time that is the 40k setting, and the deliberately and closely guarded knowledge of traitorous or heretical elements therein, there's no reason why both can't exist. Except that you just don't want to use an already existing name, which is understandable and I'm like that too. But there's no in-universe reason. There might be a rare few who make the connection, and there might be an even rarer few who might go as far as shrug at it. If the Order ever finds out about the cult, which is unlikely unless you intentionally want them to cross paths, but it can provide room for some extra zeal.

"These :cuss es think they can defile our name!? Kill it with fire."

Considering the vastness of space and time that is the 40k setting, and the deliberately and closely guarded knowledge of traitorous or heretical elements therein, there's no reason why both can't exist. Except that you just don't want to use an already existing name, which is understandable and I'm like that too. But there's no in-universe reason. There might be a rare few who make the connection, and there might be an even rarer few who might go as far as shrug at it. If the Order ever finds out about the cult, which is unlikely unless you intentionally want them to cross paths, but it can provide room for some extra zeal.

"These censored.gif es think they can defile our name!? Kill it with fire."

Agreed smile.png I'm just rather annoyed I can not remember where I've seen it before though sad.png

Well, any connection with Chaos must be burned with fire. Indeed. A new name shall pondered upon at a later date as there is a certain Missionary that needs backstory at the present.

Thank you all for your ideas smile.png!

Archived