15th Black Crusade(AKA ETL)

Uprising

Evening folks

I'm thinking of participating in etl this year as it seems like a bit of fun and will motivate me to paint up some of my minis. I have tried looking for a set of rules for entering but haven't had any luck, if someone could point me in the right direction that would be fantastic.

A couple of things I have picked up on by reading are that

Each vow has to be completed in a month?

Minis can be stuck and primed pre launch timer?

Then I have questions that can't find the answer to but if there is a link someone could give me to where the rules are that would be great.

Either way good luck with your pledges hopeing to join you

Evening folks

I'm thinking of participating in etl this year as it seems like a bit of fun and will motivate me to paint up some of my minis. I have tried looking for a set of rules for entering but haven't had any luck, if someone could point me in the right direction that would be fantastic.

A couple of things I have picked up on by reading are that

Each vow has to be completed in a month?

Minis can be stuck and primed pre launch timer?

Then I have questions that can't find the answer to but if there is a link someone could give me to where the rules are that would be great.

Either way good luck with your pledges hopeing to join you

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/290369-e-tenebrae-lux-iii/

There bud!

And our glorious campaign:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/290387-e-tenebrae-lux-iii-realm-of-chaos-strategium/

When I started the army, I was thinking of doing half the army in the main colors and the other half in a different color scheme. I wasn't happy with how the second scheme turned out. I'm currently stripping those models and will use them as part oh my vow.

I printed the plans from my titan. I've started transferring the plans to card.

I have all the measurements and plans for the scratch built dread/helbrutes.

When does this event actually start?

I have a friend visiting in a couple months and if I get them in time, I'll have a lot to add to my vow because I intend to strip them and repaint them in the new colors.

I have a friend visiting in a couple months and if I get them in time, I'll have a lot to add to my vow because I intend to strip them and repaint them in the new colors.

Potentially, May 1st - but TBC. Watch this space...

@Silverson: Assuming the event is starting May 1st, you have until August 1st to complete your vow(s). You just can't make a second vow until the first is done, and if you stuff that second vow up then the points from the first one don't count. Hence why I'm vowing most of my stuff in one go, then seeing if time permits a second one.

Dragonlover

Oh yes. This is just what I have been needing to get me ready to slpa some paint. So I have been thinking on some thigns for the upcoming event. Looks like I ahve several things on Backlog that could really get the points going too.

Khoren Daemon Force

FW Bloodthirster Go Big Baby

8 Skullcushers

40 Letters

Bloodthirster

WordBearers Force

Dark Apostle

30 Cultists fom DV set

2 Hellbrutes from DV set

15 Chosen from DV set

2 Soulrinders(will count as Defilers)

HellBlade

Helltalon

10 Terminators

And of Course Nurgle has to be repped

PlagueReaper of Nurgle

64 PlagueBearers

10 more bases of Nurglings

I think I will be able to get some stuff added for this ETL. Release the Hounds

Gub

Does it matter if parts of my entry are already primed or partially painted? 

unpainted, primed, or just a single color(I think), is fine. 

Oh dang. 

Well then, my vow is for 

10 converted chosen

1 Chaos Lord (Kranon)

Khârn the BEtrayer

1 Landraider 

Does it matter if parts of my entry are already primed or partially painted? 

unpainted, primed, or just a single color(I think), is fine. 

Oh dang. 

Well then, my vow is for 

10 converted chosen

1 Chaos Lord (Kranon)

Khârn the BEtrayer

1 Landraider 

It does depend on how much they've been painted. Semper normally outlines this, or you can clarify with him before it starts. 

Thanks Chaeron,

I'm hoping to have my old army here in time.

It's an almost 5,000 point CSM army that will need to be stripped and repainted.

I read the rules thread.

Because they are being scratch built, neither the titan nor the helbrutes can be used.

Who's gonna win? I reckon we're up there, depends how much zeal the Templars can muster this time around. One thing I'm pretty sure of is that it's gonna go right to the wire this year. If you look at last year and ignore our megavows, there's like 2,500 points between the 1st and 4th place. Also the Wolves did essentially naff all, because they were all waiting for the new book to happen.

Dragonlover

Who's gonna win? I reckon we're up there, depends how much zeal the Templars can muster this time around. One thing I'm pretty sure of is that it's gonna go right to the wire this year. If you look at last year and ignore our megavows, there's like 2,500 points between the 1st and 4th place. Also the Wolves did essentially naff all, because they were all waiting for the new book to happen.

Dragonlover

There's a lot to be said for new Codex momentum, definitely. It's something we'll enjoy slightly with the Daemonkin release, but probably not to a ridiculous extent.

I've often also felt that the balance lies with those huge vows - which are one of the most enjoyable parts of an ETL (and so I hope we don't lose them!). People like Steve and Fasha put in monumental efforts, that it inspires all around. I know I normally turn out in the ball-park of 5,000-15,000pts with each one, but they are something else! And, naturally, you can't rely on people doing that year in, year out either.

And, as Dragonlover alludes to... people come back with a vengeance. I'm under no illusions of how difficult this will be with increased competition - but I think that's something we can relish.

I know I'll be pledging a lot more Daemons that ever before, and hopefully getting my World Eaters up to scratch too with the KDK release. Anything else is just a bonus!

Dragonlover

People like... and Fasha put in monumental efforts, that it inspires all around. 

You should see it in person, his armies are fantastic to play against. 

Wait...What?  Is it almost that time again?  Too soon Executus!  Too soon!

I think I'll be pledging a Blood Host this year.  The ruinous powers care not why the paint flows or that the choices are effective on the table top, just that the figs are painted to a decent standard.

It sure does seem like they came up fast.

I've started unpacking and already have out on the table to wait.

20 Letters

2 Daemon Princes

1 Bloodthirster Exalted Daemon stand in (Mierce, the big one)

1 Storm Eagle (pledged last year, never even touched...)

1 Decimator (same as the Eagle)

1 Helbrute (DV box)

7 Bloodcrushers

1 Herald on Bloodcrusher

1 Landraider

Going to add.

Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage

15 Hounds

More 20ish more Bloodletters

5 or so Possessed

A few bikes squads.

I'll not make the mistake of a small bid, it will all go in one.

Been working on some items in preparation for this. Looks like a Wordbearer force will be made

So far I have built

Dark Apostle

Corypheaus

I also found 2 predators 2 rhinos and 2 soul grinders

Tons of Khorne items.

Great part is I am just building what I like since I never get to play anyway. Haven't had a game in almost 2 years.

Can't wait for this to kick off

Gub

The Khorne book makes me want to run Noise Marines under the color scheme of the Violators.

Also completely vexed with what models to use, once again my friend dropped off the map and that means I may as well give up on waiting.

What models do you have?

The same amount from my last topic. Bikes, marines, pms, some assorted havocs, three dv brutes and an old dreadnought.

The cherry is the zombie dragon I wanted to convert into a heldrale, but mostly I'm still unhappy that three squads of pms, two lords, a boxed defiler and rhino, a squad of ccw csms and my Epic Emperor titan just vanished.

So it's all replaceable, but with what and why? Nothing strikes me as what I want anymore.

Well work on what you have, play some games, and work out what to add from there. I'm tempted to convert some Gal Vorbak into Obliterators for example.

Dragonlover

People like... and Fasha put in monumental efforts, that it inspires all around. 

You should see it in person, his armies are fantastic to play against. 

Incredibly jealous.

I think the KDK Codex will spur a lot of people to do different things, Daemons included - which is always nice! Great to see so many others thinking about what they can contribute.

But a loyalist release could swing this...!

Archived