++ Casual 30K Hobby Challenge - April ++

Kor'Vesh

Amazing progress from everyone over Easter guys! Just looked over all the vows, and there are only 12 points betweem the loyalist and traitor team pledges this month! That's by far the most even distribution we've had in ages. I'll post a summary of teams and pledges tomorrow, can I get a couple of clarrification first though?

Slips - I've not counted your 30 extra marines to built as pledged yet as you seemed uncertain... OK?

Poom - I've put you down as a traitor based on your world eater avatar - hope that is right!

defl0 - You are down for loyalist Raven Guard. Correct?

gianlucafiorentini123 - I've split your vow, 5 Imperial fists are loyalist, the rest traitor. Is this OK?

BIt late in making the pledge. Missed out last month as I was in assembly mode. Anyway, The White Scars will have to wait till I find my muse. Instead, I pledge the following towards just the Alpha Legion this time:

- 1 Sergeant for my 15 man Tactical Squad bringing it to 16. Will do the final 4 in the next month or so.

- 4 Marines with Plasma Guns (ready for a tactical support squad with Plasma Guns which are assembled for another month)

- 1 Centurion

- 3 Rapier Crewmen (Ready for a Rapier Battery with Quad Heavy Bolters, again assembled for another month)

- The missing 15 Shoulder pads from my earlier pledges (finally!)

- Weathering my 15 existing Legionnaires plus the nine pledged above

Bit of a hodge podge this month, but I want to get these all finished, weathered, sealed and glass cabinet'd ready for my next pledge. In fact, I've got quite far with this lot. They're all over half way though completion. Managed to get a lot more done this Easter than I thought. Will try to get you photographs shortly

@Kor'Vesh, yeah thats cool. Though I did out together my 2 contemptors, Polux and 10 warders yesterday so all ive got left are 5 more templar (which i forgot to mention), 10 seekers, my deredeo and the actually 20 tac marines (i had 20 built already but kept forgetting that LOL)

Id rather take it in smaller chunks that way i dont have to go into a building frenzy if i ever lack time due to stuff popping up! Thanks!

Been working on my fallen brother, and he's almost finished! (no decals or blood splatter yet)

I went with fists just because it gave me extra practice to refine my yellow, and the blood splatter would show up better on yellow than red.

med_gallery_82040_10175_11870.jpg

@Nevindar..lol :-)

@Robocaster..fantastic gorgons! Hell, your doing the Gorgon proud!

@DimDim..top stuff mate ;-)...now lets see the blood splatter!

@Spu00sed...not a bad thing you forgot on your order lol...didnt happen to forget a titan??

Last of the painted smurfs done... (maybe lol) on to the building...and might have to stick an order in to forgeworld for more ETL goodies :-)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/chaplainmortis/Mobile%20Uploads/20150406_204102_resized.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/chaplainmortis/Mobile%20Uploads/20150406_204114_resized.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/chaplainmortis/Mobile%20Uploads/20150406_204134_resized.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/chaplainmortis/Mobile%20Uploads/20150406_204155_resized.jpg

Luckily for my bank balance I didn't forget a titan.

I had thought I had swapped out the outriders for something else.

I have managed to complete the building of 5 terminators part of my pledge.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b337/Sdimbylow/Pre%20heresy%20Emperors%20Children/image.jpg1_zpspy6miij7.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b337/Sdimbylow/Pre%20heresy%20Emperors%20Children/image.jpg2_zps07ckveu8.jpg

The sergeants combi volkite grenade launcher is a count as grenade harness.

Just need to green stuff his wrist.

Everybody's work so far is looking amazing, completely forgot to vote last month but I have made some progress on this months vow. I might be making another vow after the 20th biggrin.png

@Raktra and @ROBOcaster- Both your Gorgon terminators are looking incredible, its a shame they would be ground beneath the feet of a Legion made of stronger iron haha biggrin.png

@chaplain mortis- Are you abandoning the will of the Lord of Iron? haha, Your Ultra's are looking incredible! Are you planning a bigger force?

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah131/Dantioch/photo%2031_zpsj3shpmrd.jpg

I frigging hate the mail.

I was hoping today my Huron model would come in so I could start modeling my praetor, and I stood vigilantly waiting for it to come.

I saw the UPS truck go through my neighborhood.

But my model was not there.

Then the mailman came...and he only put letters in my mailbox.

But wait!!! He took out a small box! Could it be?! Did I get it?!

Then I looked at the box and it was for my mom.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

lionofjudah they are definitely NL ;) Even if I wish i could have as much color palette as the ultramarines for painting.

Here is small update, bases done. (25 dudes is a lot to paint in one go...)

http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w539/palakGW/20150407_204613_zpspopxdg9f.jpg

I frigging hate the mail.

I was hoping today my Huron model would come in so I could start modeling my praetor, and I stood vigilantly waiting for it to come.

I saw the UPS truck go through my neighborhood.

But my model was not there.

Then the mailman came...and he only put letters in my mailbox.

But wait!!! He took out a small box! Could it be?! Did I get it?!

Then I looked at the box and it was for my mom.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

My. Life.

EDIT: hey Kor, could you add a tac marine and a loyal DG consul up to be painted? the boredom has yet to subside from the waiting on my package.

My. Life.

EDIT: hey Kor, could you add a tac marine and a loyal DG consul up to be painted? the boredom has yet to subside from the waiting on my package.

You could say I got a tad bit excited,

med_gallery_82040_10175_46325.jpg

Im trying for a dark and weathered look without chipping, and have experimented with black pigment slightly thinned to "black line" the deepest recesses of the fig essentially creating my own shadows. Ive also been glazing the large yellow surfaces with brown and black to darken in order to bring the MK4 gear more in line with the amount of black my MK3 and pure 2's have to keep them looking the same. The mk4 just seemed to shiny. Of course no decals or varnish yet as per the usual dreading decals guy I am.

@Dantioch, I really love the combo of pieces on the marine to the left. Absolutely sweet!

@Mortis, excellent as always but im going to be the odd one out here. While I love the blue, I really dont like the "primer" red you use for chipping. I know its a realistic colour (and a tad late to bring up as youve painted three), but i just feel like it clashes to heavily with how excellent that blue really is. Maybe off shoot it with another cool colour to complement the blue, like a white on the shoulder pads, or like in the vox guy you just keep it to a minimum. Hes my fav so far!

DimDim out!

April – Week one

Well, the first week of April has been interesting! There has been a slight calming of pledges from the regulars, who are prepping for the ETL, and a matching increase in building pledges. Having said that, we also have lots of new members, some with some big pledges. Furthermore, the competition itself is excting because, for the first time in a long while, we have an EVEN COMPETITION between traitors and loyalists.

First up, a big welcome to our new players poom, bscube, Athrawes, Aias, Tychi, palak, gianlucafiorentini123, depthcharge12, Lanky27, defl0, kriegriss, kydoimos and wolfpack. Awesome to have so many new players in the game. Do your teams proud Fraters!

Current Pledged Scores: 

Traitors 291 – 294 Loyalists

As you can see, things are very close for a change, so we really do have a big competition on our hands for a change! No clan war is required this month, so we are playing it straight. I’ll keep an eye on the Iron Hands and Imperial Fist champions though, as they are our best represented legions. Here are the teams:

The Traitors - followers of Horus - the heretics, followers of the warp (16 members)

Poom The 13th expedition fleet, Mechanicum: 2 castellax and 3 vorax (0/12 points)

Bscube – The XIVth Legion Astartes, Death Guard: 5 marines (0/5 points)

Gizur – The XVIIth Legion Astartes, Word Bearers: Deredeo, Librarian, Prevain and a Bloodthirster (0/18 points)

Dantioch – The IVth Legion Astartes, Iron Warriors: 2 marines (0/2 points)

Black_out - The VIIIth Legion Astartes, Night Lords: 5 Cataphractii (0/10 points)

Rage of Khorne – Traitorous Legions: 5 Castellax, 2 Prevains, 20 Daemonettes and 3 Daemon princes (0/46 points)

The Hydra - The XVIIth Legion Astartes, Word Bearers: 10 Assault marines and a Bloodthirster (0/20 points)

Athrawes - The IInd Legion Astartes, Lightning Bearers: 2 Deredeos (0/12 points)

Aias – The XXth Legion Astartes, Alpha Legion: BUILD: 5 predators, a landraider phobos, forgelord on a bike (0/9.5 points)

Owl and Moon Guy – The IIIrd Legion Astartes, Emperor’s Children: 1 marine (0/1 points)

Tychi - The VIIIth Legion Astartes, Night Lords: 20 Terror marines and a contemptor (0/26 points)

Sup00sed - The IIIrd Legion Astartes, Emperor’s Children: 5 heavy support marines, 5 cataphractii and 5 phoenix guard, BUILD: 5 terminators, three outriders and one delegatus (2.5/27.5 points)

Palak - The VIIIth Legion Astartes, Night Lords: 1 wall of martyrs, 3 void shield generators, 25 terminators (12/74 points)

gianlucafiorentini123 The XIIth Legion Astartes, World Eaters: 5 marines, 4 assault marines, 1 contemptor (0/15 points)

zedmeister - The XXth Legion Astartes, Alpha Legion: 1 sergeant, 4 marines, 1 centurion, 3 rapier crewmen, 15 shoulder pads (0/11 points)

Adra’Melek – Alt Heresy XIVth Legion Astartes, The Infernal Guard: 10 nearly complete culverin marines (0/2 points)

The Loyalists - beloved of the Emperor - the loyal sons (24 members)

Kor’Vesh – The XVIIIth Legion Astartes, Salamanders: 6 tactical marines (3/6 points)

SlipstreamsThe XVth Legion, Thousand Sons: Librarian (1/1 points)

AND - The VIIth Legion Astartes Imperial Fists: BUILD: Polux, 4 command marines, 10 phalax warders, 1 deredeo, 5 templars, 10 seekers, 2 contemptors (0/12.25 points)

Depthcharge12 – The Ist Legion Astartes, Dark Angels: 5 cataphracti, centurion and 1 praetor. BASE 5 terminators (0/15.5 points)

StruManChu The VIIth Legion Astartes Imperial Fists: Alexis Polux, Command squad of four, 6 command breachers (0/12 points)

Barabbas Sogolon – XIVth Legion Astartes, Death Guard (loyalists): Praetor (0/2 points)

Ironwrought Huw The Xth Legion Astartes, Iron Hands: Lightning and apothecary (0/7 points)

RaktraThe Xth Legion Astartes, Iron Hands: 5 Gorgons, an Iron Father and Autrek Morr (2/14 points)

Atia – The XVIIIth Legion Astartes, Salamanders: 3 Jet Bikes (0/9 points)

Mind of MetalThe Xth Legion Astartes, Iron Hands: 2 veterans, a delagatus and 3 thallax (2/9 points)

LionOfJudah – The IXth Legion Astartes, Blood Angels: 7 marines (0/7 points)

Lanky27 - The XVIIIth Legion Astartes, Salamanders: 4 Firedrakes, contemptor and 10 tactical marines (0/24 points)

Defl0 – The XIXth Legion Astartes, Raven Guard: 30 marines (0/30 points)

Castiel – The XVIIIth Legion Astartes, Salamanders: 5 Pyroclasts and a praetor (0/6 points)

Dim Dim ­– The VIIth Legion Astartes, Imperial Fists: 2 marines, BUILD: one contemptor dreadnought, six Templar brethren, a Russ Exterminator, and a praetor (1.5/6.75 points)

Reyner – The XIIIth Legion Astartes, Ultramarines and the IVth Legion Astartes, Iron Warriors (loyalist): Delegatus, Sicaran and 5 Veteran tactical marines (0/12 point)

ROBOcaster - The Xth Legion Astartes, Iron Hands: 5 Gorgons, 5 missile marines, 2 sergeants and 1 vexilarius (18/18 points)

AND – contemptor (0/6 points)

Alpharius Omegron 108 – The IInd Legion Astartes, Lightning Bearers: 3 Contemptors and 20 tactical marines (0/38 points)

KriegrissThe VIIth Legion Astartes, Imperial Fists: 10 marines (0/10 points)

Kydoimos - The VIIth Legion Astartes, Imperial Fists: 5 Templar brethren (0/5 points)

Cocha - The Xth Legion Astartes, Iron Hands: Two basilisks and a Xiphon (storm talon) (0/18 points)

Wolfpack - The VIIth Legion Astartes, Imperial Fists: primus medicae, legion command squad and legion champion (0/5 points)

gianlucafiorentini123 - The VIIth Legion Astartes, Imperial Fists: 5 marines (0/5 points)

Chaplain Mortis - The XIIIth Legion Astartes, Ultramarines: 2 marines (2/2 points)

AND – 1 marine, BUILD: 6 marines and 8 cataphractii (1/6.5 points)

Nevindar - The Xth Legion Astartes, Iron Hands: apothecary and contemptor mortis (0/7 points)

Current scores

Lots of progress on all of these pledges already, with three completed pledges in the loyalist camp, all of which have been risked, giving us the exciting score line of:

Pledges – Traitors 0 – 0* Loyalists

*With three additional pledges completed and risked by Slipstreams, ROBOcaster and Chaplain Mortis

Score – Traitors 14.5 – 30.5 Loyalists

Percentage of pledged score – Traitors 4.98% - 10.37% Loyalists

So at this early stage it is a decent lead to the loyalists. This is almost entirely down to the work of ROBOcaster, who has completed an eighteen point vow, including 5 excellent gorgons, in week 1. We’ve also seen small vows completed by Slipstreams, with an excellent Thousand Sons librarian, and three battered but defiant ultramarines from the ever impressive Chaplain Mortis. Other completed models in the loyalist team were delivered by Raktra, with the first of his Gorgons, MoM, with two imposing Raven Guard veterans, DimDim’s constructed Leman Russ and my own (Kor’Vesh) three Salamanders (they will be shown shortly!).

Traitor progress has been driven by palak, who completed a void shield generator and wall of martyrs in week one, and is well into the painting of 25 cataphractii (yes 25 cataphractii… all at once). The remaining points were secured by Sup00sed, who successfully built 5 terminators in week one, and has painted the purple for his entire IIIrd legion vow.

Hopefully there is a lot more progress to come! Good luck guys!

Kor’Vesh

Well here are my first three marines - the product of Easter weekend.

http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad231/KorVesh/sallie1_zpskcwqy2m2.jpg  http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad231/KorVesh/sallie3_zpsvkhcdmiu.jpg

http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad231/KorVesh/sallie2_zpsvbx88qtv.jpg

DimDim - the yellow on that MKIV marine is awesome. I love your Fists man.

Mortis - Really impressive stuff again sir. I actually really like the the weathering on them - they look a little battered, but unbowed. I feel like it is recent battle damage and wear, where as the wear on you IVth looks more like the prolonged degreadation over many campaigns.

Palak - I can't believe you are painting 25 cataphractii at once! Its scarily impressive, especially when I'm proud of myself for working in batches of 3!

Heres the first 5 of 7 BA built and primed

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i444/Default75/Snapbucket/2D138822_zps5d1pzkym.jpg

Have added some FW bits here and there to tie these guys into the heresy time line. I will be incorporating them into my Siege of Terra IF army as I love painting red and want a break from yellow ;). I will throw in a Scar or 2 as well for flavors sake. 

I've finished the building part of my pledge, which means I need to get back to the painting side.

3 outriders with dual plasma guns, power sword on the sergeant and a vexilla

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b337/Sdimbylow/Pre%20heresy%20Emperors%20Children/image.jpg1_zpsxsi4omon.jpg

Delagatus with phoenix spear, volkite serpenta, laurels to represent his authority and a scroll. For the planetary leader to sign or be beaten to death with.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b337/Sdimbylow/Pre%20heresy%20Emperors%20Children/image.jpg2_zps4oeili0r.jpg

Still got a dozen marines to build, but I'm waiting on a saw to arrive in the post, so won't be adding them to my pledge until I have painted what I already have.

Wow! Love that delegatus!

I just got my models in for next month and stuff.. and.. I cant look at my cathpractii without thinking.. dimdim..

DIMDIM, i will paint one of my cathepractii in honor for you!!!

That is my pledge.. one cathepractii..

Archived