++ Casual 30K Hobby Challenge - April ++

Kor'Vesh

April Results

Well, my spreadsheet is complete and the results are in.

Overall, we secured a combined score of 440.25 this month, with over 275 models being worked on. Not as big as March, but given that we were building up to the ETL this is VERY impressive so well done all. We had a total of 46 participants, 35 of which completed at least one model this month. This left us with a completion rate of 62.51% - a rather good showing, but we want to do better for the ETL if possible!

Warmaster’s Champion - this is the oathkeeper on the traitor team with the highest score. The winner should post their vow in the Hall of Victor's thread (unless they wish to defer the honour to the runner up)!

Third – Gizur with 18 points

Second – spu00sed with 42.5 points

Winner – Rage of Khorne with 66 points

Emperor’s Champion - this is the oathkeeper on the loyalist team with the highest score. The winner should post their vow in the Hall of Victor's thread (unless they wish to defer the honour to the runner up)!

Third – Cocha with 18 points

Joint WinnersROBOcaster and Lanky27, both with 24 points

I have to give an honourable mention to Frozenfoods here, who scored 31.25 points for the loyalists with a huge building vow, but unfortunately had a single tank left to build, so didn’t achieve the rank of oathkeeper. Sorry dude, huge and impressive effort none-the-less!

Pledge competition

Traitors 13 - 23 Loyalist

As expected, the Loyalists win the pledge fight again, due to their larger size. The numbers are really high for both teams though, with only 7 pledges were incomplete in the traitorous team, while 11 went incomplete for the Loyalists.

Points Scored

Traitors 198.5 - Loyalists 241.75

It was a VERY close fight this month, and the traitors had the lead right up until the 29th of April. At the end of week three it was looking like a huge traitor victory, but the loyalist team ALWAYS comes on strong in week four, and managed to deliver an impressive win. It’s nice to see the absolute scores so tight though. 

Percentage of completed pledges

Traitors 57.62% - Loyalists 67.2%

Percentage completion fell off a bit this month, but we still have some strong figures. This is where we need to focus guys, to win the ETL! I think we should be aiming for 75% from both teams – lets see lots of encouragement over the next few months for pledges in progress. I’ll try and keep regular updates so we know who is doing what!

Finally – don’t forget to vote for your favourite vow in both the loyalist and traitor teams – everyone can vote for both teams!

Thanks for another big effort this month guys – I’m really looking forward to the next three month’s of the ETL! I’ll write up the list of everyone’s completions over the next few days, and post it up, along with the results of the vote soon!

Cheers,

Kor’Vesh

Ive gotta vote for Poom and his martian red bases...not that the rest of the model isn't the badness but those bases are SEXXXY

100% agree the Mars base looks great and the models themselves are outstanding, he sets a high standard for the Castellax I have to paint.

Which tank was I missing? The Battle Tank was done, I just had sculpting work to do to try and rig up something to try to convert it over. In the end I'll probably just be getting another tank, the hulls are just too different and I'd spend as much in green stuff as I would just having another tank to do.

Sorry dude! My understanding was that your venator was not complete - if it's done, then great job! At this point, due to my mid-understanding, it is probably fairest to share the emperor's champion between you and Lanky... Fair enough sir!

Btw - I'm excited to see your big sallies vow develop for the etl!

Also, do anyone know if there is an established, comicbook-esque sound effect for Volkite deathraysofdeflagratingdeathdeathdeath?

How about 'VWAAAAP!' as in 'VWAAAAP! You could fry half a city with this puppy!'?

Wasn't that a plasma phalanx?

Not sure about sound, but for what happens, my version is similar to transformers 3 when the citizens of chircargo were being shot by the decepticons. However rather than grey smoke there is fire, the the remaining bones are glowing red and yellow.

Also, do anyone know if there is an established, comicbook-esque sound effect for Volkite deathraysofdeflagratingdeathdeathdeath?

How about 'VWAAAAP!' as in 'VWAAAAP! You could fry half a city with this puppy!'?
Wasn't that a plasma phalanx?

Not sure about sound, but for what happens, my version is similar to transformers 3 when the citizens of chircargo were being shot by the decepticons. However rather than grey smoke there is fire, the the remaining bones are glowing red and yellow.

And yet it's another day here in Chicago. People getting shot, stomped, or beat up is pretty commonplace here. It makes Nostromo look like the kiddy pool :P

I like the sound that Covenant ships from halo make when they fire their dorsal cannon to fry a ship.

Have spent way too much time thinking about that sound effect now. For me it'll probably be either the sound of a laser rifle with crit effect from Fallout: New Vegas or a written sound effect from TSOALR: überFREEEEEEM

For the Loyalists, I have to vote poom, his mechanicus is just amazing.

For the Traitors, my vote goes to supp0sed, for those loved/hated Emperor's Children.

April – Final Rankings

Well guys here are the final rankings for April - completed pledge components are in green:

The Traitors - followers of Horus - the heretics, followers of the warp (18 members)

Oath Keepers

Poom The 13th expedition fleet, Mechanicum: 2 castellax and 3 vorax (12/12 points)

Bscube – The XIVth Legion Astartes, Death Guard: 5 marines (5/5 points)

Gizur – The XVIIth Legion Astartes, Word Bearers: Deredeo, Librarian, Prevain and a Bloodthirster (18/18 points)

Dantioch – The IVth Legion Astartes, Iron Warriors: 2 marines (2/2 points)

Rage of Khorne – Traitorous Legions: 5 Castellax, 2 Prevains, 20 Daemonettes and 3 Daemon princes (46/46 points)

AND - 10 daemonettes and 10 plague bearers (20/20 points)

Aias – The XXth Legion Astartes, Alpha Legion: BUILD: 5 predators, a landraider phobos, forgelord on a bike (9.5/9.5 points)

Owl and Moon Guy – The IIIrd Legion Astartes, Emperor’s Children: 1 marine (1/1 points)

Spu00sed - The IIIrd Legion Astartes, Emperor’s Children: 5 heavy support marines, 5 cataphractii and 5 phoenix guard, 5 terminators, 5 man command squad and one delegatus BUILD: three outriders (42.5/42.5 points)

zedmeister - The XXth Legion Astartes, Alpha Legion: 1 sergeant, 4 marines, 1 centurion, 3 rapier crewmen, 15 shoulder pads (11/11 points)

Daemonclaw - The XVIIth Legion Astartes, Word Bearers: BUILD: 30 marines, 5 Gal vorbak, 1 rhino, 1 fireraptor (13/13 points)

Richmarine – The XVIth Legion Astartes, Sons of Horus: BUILD: Spartan (1.5/1.5 points)

AND – BUILD: 5 Justarien, 5 reavers and a captain (4/4 points)

The Battle Brothers

Palak - The VIIIth Legion Astartes, Night Lords: 1 wall of martyrs, 3 void shield generators, 25 terminators (12/74 points)

The Hydra - The XVIIth Legion Astartes, Word Bearers: 9 Assault marines, a world eater and a Bloodthirster (1/20 points)

The Missing

Black_out - The VIIIth Legion Astartes, Night Lords: 5 Cataphractii (0/10 points)

Adra’Melek – Alt Heresy XIVth Legion Astartes, The Infernal Guard: 10 nearly complete culverin marines (0/2 points)

gianlucafiorentini123 – The XIIth Legion Astartes, World Eaters: 5 marines, 4 assault marines, 1 contemptor (0/15 points)

Tychi - The VIIIth Legion Astartes, Night Lords: 20 Terror marines and a contemptor (0/26 points)

Athrawes - The IInd Legion Astartes, Lightning Bearers: 2 Deredeos (0/12 points)

The Loyalists - beloved of the Emperor - the loyal sons (28 members)

Oath Keepers

Kor’Vesh – The XVIIIth Legion Astartes, Salamanders: 6 tactical marines (6/6 points)

SlipstreamsThe XVth Legion, Thousand Sons: Librarian (1/1 points)

AND - The VIIth Legion Astartes Imperial Fists: BUILD: Polux, 4 command marines, 10 phalax warders, 1 deredeo, 5 templars, 10 seekers, 2 contemptors (12.25/12.25 points)

StruManChu The VIIth Legion Astartes Imperial Fists: Alexis Polux, Command squad of four, 6 command breachers (12/12 points)

Barabbas Sogolon – XIVth Legion Astartes, Death Guard (loyalists): Praetor (2/2 points)

Raktra The Xth Legion Astartes, Iron Hands: 5 Gorgons, an Iron Father and Autrek Morr (14/14 points)

Mind of Metal The Xth Legion Astartes, Iron Hands: 2 veterans, a delagatus and 3 thallax (9/9 points)

LionOfJudah – The IXth Legion Astartes, Blood Angels: 7 marines (7/7 points)

Lanky27 - The XVIIIth Legion Astartes, Salamanders: 4 Firedrakes, contemptor and 10 tactical marines (24/24 points)

Dim Dim ­– The VIIth Legion Astartes, Imperial Fists: 4 marines (one death guard one blood angel), BUILD: Russ Exterminator (5.5/5.5 points)

ROBOcaster - The Xth Legion Astartes, Iron Hands: 5 Gorgons, 5 missile marines, 2 sergeants and 1 vexilarius (18/18 points)

AND – contemptor (6/6 points)

KriegrissThe VIIth Legion Astartes, Imperial Fists: 10 marines (10/10 points)

Kydoimos - The VIIth Legion Astartes, Imperial Fists: 5 Templar brethren (5/5 points)

Cocha - The Xth Legion Astartes, Iron Hands: Two basilisks and a Xiphon (storm talon) (18/18 points)

Chaplain Mortis - The XIIIth Legion Astartes, Ultramarines: 2 marines (2/2 points)

AND 1 marine, BUILD: 6 marines and 10 cataphractii (7.5/7.5 points)

Twisty – The XVIIIth Legion Astartes, Salamanders: 10 Tactical marines (10/10 points)

Frozenfoods – The XVIIIth Legion Astartes, Salamanders: BUILD: 9 Firedrakes, 39 Breachers, 10 pyroclasts, 2 support marines, 2 apothecaries, 3 outriders, 2 rhinos, 5 contemptors, venator, sicaran and a Spartan (34.25/34.25)

Owl and Moon Guy – The Xth Legion Astartes, Iron Hands: 1 Prevain (1/1 point)

Nevindar - The Xth Legion Astartes, Iron Hands: apothecary and contemptor mortis (7/7 points)

AND - Forge lord BUILD: sicaran and dreadnought (5/5 points)

AND - BUILD: 10 veterans (2.5/2.5 points)

AND - BUILD: 5 volkite culverin marines and 2 cyber familiars (1.75/1.75 points)

Battle Brothers

The4thHorseman - The IXth Legion Astartes, Blood Angels: 10 marines (2/10 points)

Alpharius Omegron 108 – The IInd Legion Astartes, Lightning Bearers: 3 Contemptors and 18 tactical marines and one cataphractii (2/38 points)

Depthcharge12 – The Ist Legion Astartes, Dark Angels: 6 cataphracti, centurion and 1 praetor. BASE 5 terminators (14/17 points)

Ironwrought Huw The Xth Legion Astartes, Iron Hands: Lightning and apothecary (6/7 points)

The Neophytes

Atia The XVIIIth Legion Astartes, Salamanders: 3 Jet Bikes (0/9 points)

The Missing

gianlucafiorentini123 - The VIIth Legion Astartes, Imperial Fists: 5 marines (0/5 points)

Wolfpack - The VIIth Legion Astartes, Imperial Fists: primus medicae, legion command squad and legion champion (0/5 points)

Reyner – The XIIIth Legion Astartes, Ultramarines and the IVth Legion Astartes, Iron Warriors (loyalist): Delegatus, Sicaran and 5 Veteran tactical marines (0/12 point)

Defl0 – The XIXth Legion Astartes, Raven Guard: 30 marines (0/30 points)

Castiel – The XVIIIth Legion Astartes, Salamanders: 5 Pyroclasts and a praetor (0/6 points)

Excellent work this month one and all. Finally the results of the vote:

Heretics

Poom

Zedmeister

Gizur

Dantioch

Spu

Poom is the Warriors champion for the Heretics - this really was a fantastic pledge, and well deserved!

Loyalists

DimDim

Mortis

Nevindar

Lion

Raktra

Kriegriss

Less votes for the loyalists, and much less consensus, highlighting the quality throughout the field. As such Dim Dim and Chaplain Mortis share the honour of Warriors Champion for the Loyalists in April. Both vows have some stunning paint work on humble heresy marines. Great work everyone though!

Kor’Vesh

Archived