500pt intro vs newb batrep

Jacques Corbin

So my friend Paul wants to get in on 40K. Alex lent him basically the chaos marines from dark vengeance to play. We did a simple King of the Hill mission. I brought jump chappy, 10 tacs with heavy bolter, flamer, and combiflamer, 5 sniper scouts with cloaks, and 6 ASM with 2 flamers, and a vet sgt with claws. Vsgt and chappy both had meltabombs.

Paul went first. I had made the rookie mistake of sitting on the objective, and not in hard cover within 3" of it. So he shot my scouts a lot. He got aggressive with the helbrute, and the chosen.

I moved up the assault squad, and repositioned the tac squad. The tacs ate some chosen, and the snipers put a wound on the champion.

His turn, he moved the helbrute up, one cultist mob, and the chosen up. I lost 2 tacs in shooting, 1 assault marine, and another scout. The helbrute charged the assault marines, and got blown up by a meltabomb for his trouble. Paul didn't expect that. He had moved up his cc cultists w/ warlord to join in next turn.

My turn, I moved up the assault squad, tacs and last 2 scouts camped and shot. Whittled his chosen down to 2. Flamed the cc cultists, but failed the charge by an inch!

His turn, he somehow managed to clip another scout, and I failed morale. His cultists and warlord got all my assault marines but chappy, Alpha Legion got to my dice. Then he charged chappy. Rosarius deflected the 2 power sword wounds he managed to inflict. Chappy killed him in the challenge, and swept the cultists.

My turn, moved chappy to threaten the chosen, but my shooting did nothing. In the assault chappy fell to a power ax and lightning claws, without inflicting a single wound.

His turn, chosen made it close to my tacs, but his shooty cultists were ineffective. He charged, and got me down to 3 tacs, and they broke from combat.

My turn, moved scout sgt within 3" of objective is LoS-blocking cover, and shot up the chosen.

It was a massacre all around, but I won 9-3 victory points. A good time was had by all, and Paul is hooked. I made sure to make plenty of rookie mistakes to make it fair, but Paul catches on quick.

Archived