Hi, first post.
So, I've been looking at True Scale Marines for a while now especially the old kit from Chapter House and Tsuros unfinished Space Wolves. 

I chose Blood Angels because I'm obsessed and TrueScale Death Company has not been done yet.

Draft Front

Draft Back

We are at ground level here, this is my first draft. I'm making some shoulder pads and thinking about making the arms myself and :cussing around with GW stuff never looks as clean as if you where to make it from scratch. + I avoid any COPYhttp://cdncache-a.akamaihd.net/items/it/img/arrow-10x10.png right infringement if I ever go into production of true scale (which more people should do). 

WHAT I REALLY WANT TO KNOW IS WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THE SCALE, SYTLE and any criticism you have. This is the point to mess around with stuff. 

Body Mapping Draft

I added this for scale

And this was my inspiration. 

40k space marine Art 300x168

Screen Shot 2015 03 23 At 12.42.31

Bloodline

Thanks!

The thing that jumped out at me first was the giant thigh gap. I think that narrowing the groin and then bringing the legs closer together would make the legs look more natural. Other than that he seems pretty decent, kudos :D

Thanks for the eye Forgeman, now that you've pointed it out it's all I can see XD I reduced the groin gap and added a shoulder pad and his left foot. 

DO YOU THINK HIS LEGS ARE STILL TO FAR APART? I still have it quiet far apart as I want to add cloth, and whatever there later.

IMG 4009 Min

IMG 4011 Min

IMG 4012 Min

IMG 4008 Min

IMG 4008 Min

IMG 4014 Min

please Let me know what you think :) also I'm at the stage where I want to start casting. Because I want 20 to 40+ of these guys I want there to be a consistency in their scale in general. I'm pretty happy with this guy and how he dwarfs that human so I'm going to pull him apart make a multi part cast for all his bits and then replicate him. Also this way it's like hitting save, I can mess around more and cut into stuff without so much worry as I won't be playing around with the original which is such a freedom to have, it will really let my creativity flow. Only problem is i'm low on cash and just wait for a couple extra bob to buy all the casting materials. ( still works out cheaper than buying form Forge World :P ) 

THANKS XD

• 10 months later...

An update. It's been about 6 months since the last one. Had issues with casting, money and the distractions of university. 

Ok! So, we have basically hidden away all the orginal pieces and are just working with cast pieces now. So much easier buecase I know that any mistake can just be recast I don't have to start building from maluput if i mess something up. I would highly recommend this if you have any intention of modeling any more than 1 model of anything. It gives you so much freedom but it does slow the process down loads! 

However that paintjob later will only be as good as the model it's on so it's worth. And you could make a whole army and make people super jelious. Especially as your legally not allowed to sell them so you have lodas but no one else can have any. Muuhahahaha! :P 

12788350 10207610468212403 1693077094 O

12790194 10207610138444159 1434026824 O

12787279 10207610139324181 1569705556 O

12787279 10207610139324181 1569705556 O

12772969 10207610139164177 544747153 O

Ok so above are four pictures for where we are at. So all the yellow parts are Malluput from the original sculpt and green bits are obviously geenstuff edits which constant thoughout the process and All the white parts are casted resin copies. I'm using... (looks around for product) it's great because it drys in 5 minuets so you can basically mass produce casts from one mould. It's meh, because half those moulds are filled with bubbles BUT that's half my falt for making crappy mould. 

I'm pretty happy with the scale. A little victoria minitures human model for size. They marine works out being 2 heads higher than him so i take that as the human being around 6 foot and therfore the marine being around 8 foot. Which is close enough to the lore i think. 

there is obviously loads of work to do still but the fact that we have a standing draft with all his bits attached and 'finished' though full of errors is promising. The end looks neah.

I dont know how im going to sculpt all the little bits as... It's hard and fiddlily and i dont think im able but I think I can cheat with some etched brass from Forge world for imperial eagles and im going to hot knife cut in some details, like air vets. Although most the art show space marines with very little indentation so I will leave most of it off as somehow it makes them look more tanky and hulking.

So yeah. 1st draft done. Loads of detailing work to go and still need to make the perfect mould. I'm basically out of materials but should have enough to make a couple of other drafts and see what to improve on from those drafts. 

Ok so quick update. New mould and it's casting bits are coming nicely. There are two truescale drafts that im happy with apart from the feet. Which i've given up with untill later notice. 

Games Workshop, 2nd draft, 1st draft and victoria miniatures human.

Size comparason

The black markings show details that im going to add for the final perfect mould! So just raised parts around the lower arms and legs, the bottom of the torso and markings showing where i will carve in air vents. A chest imerpial egal, but im not putting that into the final mould as I think that's where each marine can showcase some character. 

True Scale Spacemarine

True Scale Spacemarine

True Scale Spacemarine

True Scale Spacemarine

True Scale Spacemarine

All in all happy with it just need to do more little edits before the perfect mould. 

• 1 month later...

Yo. 

Quick Update.

I added feet to my dude and drew :cuss all over him. 

Also I built an Ork Nob becuase why stop at fixing the scale crimes of GW with Space Marines. 

Enjoy. (no finished obviously) 

Scale Lights

Scale No lights

Archived